PDA

View Full Version : Manitoba/Sask trip planning

djpanda
02-22-2021, 09:50 PM
Hey fellas,
Just looking for some advice/past experiences. Looking to do a summer trip this year with the better half. Just looking for recommendations of a drive in lodge/cabins. I don’t want all inclusive, just cabins and boat rentals. Did the trip to lake athapapaskow a few years ago. Loved it. I will be going back there, unless you guys have some other recommendations. I’ve been searching Jan lake quite a bit, but lacks the bite of a lake trout. Of course I’d love lake of the woods, just a little too far. Shoot me your thoughts guys. All replies are appreciated.
Thanks!

roper1
02-22-2021, 10:29 PM
Green Lake Sask. About 35 miles east of Meadow Lake. The lake is narrow but 26 miles long and very deep. Jacks & walleyes and they fight & eat well because of the cold water I guess.

There's a lodge there with some primitive to intermediate cabins. Haven't fished there in years but it was really good at one time. Green Lake Lodge has a website.

whitetailnut
02-22-2021, 11:56 PM
Davin lake lodge seems very reasonable, I drive past it every year when we go up to wollaston. It is a good ways up there though.

AlbertanGP
02-23-2021, 08:17 AM
If you're up in the Cranberry Portage region anyways, I'd look at Wekusko Falls Lodge a little further east. It's still a drive in lodge and has fantastic fishing, with several great lakes nearby. I'm off next week and had talked to Bryan last Fall about coming up to fish Reed Lake. But the Manitoba lockdown forced me to make alternate plans. :(

This would be the season to go, as the lodge is usually packed with Americans from the ice belt. There's all sorts of videos of the lodge on YouTube as guys like Jason Mitchell and the AnglingBuzz crew go up there regularly. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Poppa
02-23-2021, 02:31 PM
It really all depends on what you want to fish for, but for me, I'm fishing EastMan/NWOnt every single time....there's nothing better than Canadian Shield fishing.

topgun
02-27-2021, 11:07 AM
Anglers Trail Resort is worth a try

Frank_NK28
02-27-2021, 11:57 AM
If you want drive to lakers give Anglers Resort a try on Lac La Plonge. My wife and I go there once or twice a season and always do well. The lake has lake trout and northern pike. The beaver river is only 10 minutes away and has great walleye fishing too.

brass410
02-27-2021, 02:17 PM
I'm with POPPA on the if your going to fish shield lakes, and you want to drive Eagle West Resort is only 3hrs east of Winnepeg They have it all Muskies Walleyes bass perch Lakers and Trevor is an avid muskie guy He's all about fishing He winters in Melfort Sask and owns and runs the resort with his wife its a real nice place with very good equipment to use.He'll set you up anyway you want to do do it. You wont be disappointed. They also have access to several portage lakes as well.But eagle is so large you will run out of time before you run out of spots.

hacksaw
03-01-2021, 08:12 PM
Second the Lac la Plonge suggestion if you are looking for a shorter drive. No walleye on La Plonge however, but other lakes in the areas can scratch that itch. We combined La Plonge with Besnard Lake (farther northeast) last year and it was a lot of fun.