PDA

View Full Version : Would you lecture a lynx?

Red Bullets
02-23-2021, 01:31 AM
This guy has a novel way of responding to losing his chickens. He even gave the lynx the 2 chickens it killed.

(Have the volume on)

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1864550467855?fbclid=IwAR37eW9ZBK9mitabTFUtiPgSwiJ KhC2uGfEt_mTySkg6CLbNqcO1K4isswA

Bushrat
02-23-2021, 06:52 AM
Thinking its somebodies pet.

Hawkeye
02-23-2021, 06:57 AM
If that thing had gone ballistic and twisted around in his hands, he would have been in serious trouble!

Lornce
02-23-2021, 08:39 AM
He would make a nice hat if It was my chickens.

EZM
02-23-2021, 09:19 AM
It seems strange to me a wild healthy Lynx wouldn't have clawed/bitten the heck out of this guys face, arms and whatever was in reach ......

Reeves1
02-23-2021, 09:23 AM
Lynx are docile - Bobcats are not.

Was going to raise Lynx at one time...

Sooner
02-23-2021, 09:29 AM
Nice low growl and angry cat face. Cool vid, wonder if he caught it in a trap first. Hope the SJW's don't try to destroy him for holding the cat like any mother cat would.

Hogie135
02-23-2021, 09:43 AM
Here's longer article on it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-farmer-captures-lynx-chicken-coop-1.5923089

Says the cat was extremely skinny, so maybe too hungry to fight back.

elkhunter11
02-23-2021, 10:14 AM
Now that the cat has found easy food, it will likely be back.

Stinky Buffalo
02-23-2021, 10:46 AM

My thoughts too...

I would have renamed the Lynx "Mittens", but that's just me. :dork:

Grizzly Adams
02-23-2021, 10:51 AM

"First the owl and then you ". :lol:

Grizz

wannabe
02-23-2021, 12:03 PM
Here's longer article on it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-farmer-captures-lynx-chicken-coop-1.5923089

Says the cat was extremely skinny, so maybe too hungry to fight back.

Or in the article it says if you grab the scruff of most cats it simulates their mom scolding them and they go limp.... I'm no cat expert but maybe that has something to do with it?
I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try it though.

Sundog57
02-23-2021, 01:06 PM
As ever with the correct CBC - after they ran the story they had to say "picking up a wild animal by the scruff of the neck is not recommended"
Just heard on the news that they are now running a whole news item about why this is not a good idea.
I am almost rendered speechless - if you knew me you would know what an accomplishment this is for the CBC LOL
I guess they need to do that for the cuddly grizzly bear set

creeky
02-23-2021, 01:16 PM
If that thing had gone ballistic and twisted around in his hands, he would have been in serious trouble!

And with those long Link legs-my thoughts exactly, had to be something wrong with that particular cat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KegRiver
02-23-2021, 01:20 PM
cute video,

But fake.

Mr Flyguy
02-23-2021, 01:21 PM
cute video,

But fake.

Proof?

Selkirk
02-23-2021, 01:27 PM

Yup ☝

Anyone who lives in the bush, and doesn't make their chicken coops 'Predator Proof', are Always going to have these problems.

Sadly, some people never learn.

Selkirk

Talking moose
02-23-2021, 01:52 PM
Totally believable. Lynx are a weird animal. Can be quite care free.
Was parked on a cut line sitting in my running truck, when one walked out and passed the front of my truck 10 feet away. Not a care in the world.

moose maniac
02-23-2021, 02:54 PM
Lynx are docile - Bobcats are not.

Was going to raise Lynx at one time...

Lol you obviously haven’t trapped any

KegRiver
02-23-2021, 04:35 PM
Lol you obviously haven’t trapped any

Exactly. I watched what appeared to be a docile Lynx tear the crotch out of the old mans jeans with one swipe of it's paw.
He said later that he though the Lynx was dead. Well it proved to be very much alive.

It was amazing to see him standing on the tips of his toes with a Deer in the headlights look. Funniest thing I ever saw.

I've taken more the a few Lynx out of traps. I have yet to see one that did not go ballistic when you get close.
Sure, at first they just lean back and snarl, but when you get within reach they go from not moving to a blur of movement in less then one blink of an eye.

KegRiver
02-23-2021, 04:40 PM
A neighbor had a Wolverine try to kill a Lynx he had trapped.

It did succeed but it apparently had no appetite when it finished.

He said there was a three foot circle around the trap that was packed down hard and covered with Wolverine and Lynx hair.
The trail of the Wolverine as it left was lined with drops of blood and clumps of hair.

I wouldn't take on anything that could do that to a Wolverine.

270person
02-23-2021, 04:43 PM
My thoughts too...

I would have renamed the Lynx "Mittens", but that's just me. :dork:

Hahaha. Very well done.

270person
02-23-2021, 04:52 PM
As ever with the correct CBC - after they ran the story they had to say "picking up a wild animal by the scruff of the neck is not recommended"
Just heard on the news that they are now running a whole news item about why this is not a good idea.
I am almost rendered speechless

I actually think it's pretty good advice and speak from personal experience. That time a few years ago, when I picked up a 45" bull moose by the scruff of the neck, and held him up to see where I'd hit him was almost the death of me. Took a few in the junk but thanks to my superb conditioning and the hockey can i always wear when hunting, I was able to gain upper positioning and choke him out.

Okotok
02-23-2021, 08:02 PM
I actually think it's pretty good advice and speak from personal experience. That time a few years ago, when I picked up a 45" bull moose by the scruff of the neck, and held him up to see where I'd hit him was almost the death of me. Took a few in the junk but thanks to my superb conditioning and the hockey can i always wear when hunting, I was able to gain upper positioning and choke him out.

Rear naked choke works almost everytime on a full grown bull!

EZM
02-23-2021, 08:25 PM
Rear naked choke works almost everytime on a full grown bull!

As long as you secure a body triangle first to lock onto him, I found sometimes moose try and shake me off.

I did learn, however, trying a Kamura on his front leg is a really bad idea.

270person
02-23-2021, 09:00 PM
Okotok
Rear naked choke works almost everytime on a full grown bull.

EZM
As long as you secure a body triangle first to lock onto him, I found sometimes moose try and shake me off.

I did learn, however, trying a Kamura on his front leg is a really bad idea.

The trick is to soften him up by raining down hammer fists before attempting the lift.

Howard Hutchinson
02-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Little fellow looks kind of messed up. Dazed or something.

Sad to see an animal in this situation.

Kitty spins around and:budo::budo::budo: