gordfishing
02-23-2021, 01:26 PM
Involved in a major single vehicle accident , roll over
had to be extracted by jaws of life from his vehicle
SO So sad

bat119
02-23-2021, 01:36 PM
Single vehicle accident in sunny California the tabloids will have a field day

The sheriff's department said Woods, 45, was driving the only vehicle involved in the collision, and the vehicle rolled over. "Mr. Woods was extricated from the wreck with the 'jaws of life' by Los Angeles County firefighters and paramedics, then transported to a local hospital by ambulance for his injuries,"

Woods was hospitalized after being involved in a single-car accident in Los Angeles on Tuesday morning. According to his agent, Mark Steinberg, Woods suffered “multiple” leg injuries.

The Elkster
02-23-2021, 02:12 PM
Pictures show the entire engine compartment of the vehicle destroyed. I don't like the sound of the leg injuries thing and in surgery. Could be very bad for lower legs. Good luck Tiger.

Bigwoodsman
02-23-2021, 02:17 PM
pictures show the entire engine compartment of the vehicle destroyed. I don't like the sound of the leg injuries thing and in surgery. Could be very bad for lower legs. Good luck tiger.

x2^^^^^^^
bw

jstubbs
02-23-2021, 02:24 PM
I read about an hour ago he was in surgery for his legs. He also just had another back surgery not too long ago I believe. Even if his legs are miraculously OK his back would likely be in really bad shape still.

Hope he is OK.

sewerrat
02-23-2021, 03:39 PM
Must have hung around in the clubhouse a little long maybe??And the bevies got ahold him. Maybe?

Howard Hutchinson
02-23-2021, 03:47 PM
Must have hung around in the clubhouse a little long maybe??And the bevies got ahold him. Maybe?
>>
I heard he was leaving the set of a show or movie he was in and pizzed off about something that happen there? Also, the vehicle he was in was grafted from some company he was working with/for.. Sad deal though as an 8 hour surgery isn't minor. Serious damage I'm sure.

58thecat
02-23-2021, 04:46 PM
don't like the fella but hope he gets out of this one.

Penner
02-23-2021, 04:55 PM
Broken legs, not life threatening, from what is being reported initially.

brewster29
02-23-2021, 04:58 PM
He is great with a driver, but crap as a driver.

Cement Bench
02-23-2021, 05:53 PM
he shanked one into the weeds

scesfiremedic
02-23-2021, 06:32 PM
KTLA and CNN report he was removed from vehicle through the windshield with just an axe and pry bar (no jaws of life used). Hard to believe his legs weren’t entrapped by the severity of damage to front end of SUV). As a retired Firefighter/Paramedic I’m wondering why they didn’t cut the roof and flap it to the ground, as it makes getting someone out of a vehicle a lot easier. With “severely fractured legs” they would have had a tough time getting him out the windshield area without manipulating his broken legs. Good job to the fire crews on the extrication! Going to be a long road to recovery for old Tiger.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/23/us/tiger-woods-car-accident-intl-spt/index.html

Jays toyz
02-23-2021, 06:35 PM
What was he driving?

waldedw
02-23-2021, 06:38 PM
>>
I heard he was leaving the set of a show or movie he was in and pizzed off about something that happen there? Also, the vehicle he was in was grafted from some company he was working with/for.. Sad deal though as an 8 hour surgery isn't minor. Serious damage I'm sure.

I wonder where people get these stories from, what a bunch of crap, he was on his way to Riviera golf course for a tee time with Drew Breeze and 2 other celebrities', it was 7:12 AM when he had the accident, the sheriffs department said alcohol did not appear to be a factor and that speed may have played a role.

The genesis invitational tournament that just ended at Riviera on Sunday is a golf tournament that Tiger is a host of he had been there for over a week during the pro am and during the weekend at the tournament, hence the reason he was driving an SUV that was one of the genesis host vehicles during tournament week.

As reported on the golf channel

catnthehat
02-23-2021, 06:39 PM
Single vehicle accident in sunny California the tabloids will have a field day

The sheriff's department said Woods, 45, was driving the only vehicle involved in the collision, and the vehicle rolled over. "Mr. Woods was extricated from the wreck with the 'jaws of life' by Los Angeles County firefighters and paramedics, then transported to a local hospital by ambulance for his injuries,"

Woods was hospitalized after being involved in a single-car accident in Los Angeles on Tuesday morning. According to his agent, Mark Steinberg, Woods suffered “multiple” leg injuries.

There are two damaged vehicles in the video - one on the road and one in the ditch, it was not a single vehicle accident.
Cat

fishtank
02-23-2021, 06:42 PM
What was he driving?

Hyundai suv

waldedw
02-23-2021, 06:55 PM
There are two damaged vehicles in the video - one on the road and one in the ditch, it was not a single vehicle accident.
Cat

Yup it was a single vehicle accident a second accident occurred approx. 10 minutes later and was caused be drivers rubber necking woods accident, that was in the sheriffs press conference that was also shown live on the golf channel.

catnthehat
02-23-2021, 07:00 PM
Yup it was a single vehicle accident a second accident occurred approx. 10 minutes later and was caused be drivers rubber necking woods accident, that was in the sheriffs press conference that was also shown live on the golf channel.

The other vehicle must have been towed away when the video was made.
Cat

Scott N
02-23-2021, 07:13 PM
Considering his age, serious leg injuries on top of his previous back problems could end Tiger's golf career.

The Elkster
02-23-2021, 07:14 PM
From what I gather online it seems Woods may have almost had an accident while rushing to leave the hotel he was staying at. Apparently almost collided with a director who was working on an unassociated movie at the same hotel and director was shaken enough to mention to coworkers prior to accident. Word is woods got in his car in the parking lot and was blocked by another vehicle loading their luggage. Appeared agitated. Sounds like he had an engagement/recorded lesson scheduled for 7:30am at riviera GC with drew brees and a another major QB... but Riviera was an hour or so away so he was likely behind schedule.

To me this makes sense with the accident scene. ****ed he's behind and racing to make an appt. and extra agitated by a simple delay in parking lot. Could have been on a cell coordinating timing while speeding on a curvy road. Would explain a lot of the accident scene. High speed, no skid marks over a long stretch. Time will tell...or they will bury the details and we'll never know for sure :)

hogie
02-23-2021, 07:25 PM
Sad news, I like him. He elevated the game, everyone had to play catch-up for years.

Saw him play at the 2000 British open at St Andrews. Had seats on the ninth hole, able to see him putting and then waited to see him drive off the fifteenth.

Went on holidays with a good friend of mine, decided to check out Scotland. He wanted to see the open. I was more interested in pubs and women. Good trip, all goals were achieved.

270person
02-23-2021, 07:25 PM
What was he driving?

A Titleist.

huntwat
02-23-2021, 07:33 PM
A Titleist.

Yup, if he would have been driving his regular Bridgestone, he would have stayed on the road.

does it ALL outdoors
02-23-2021, 08:20 PM
I read about an hour ago he was in surgery for his legs. He also just had another back surgery not too long ago I believe. Even if his legs are miraculously OK his back would likely be in really bad shape still.

Hope he is OK.

That was my first thought also.

Hope he's ok.

Mr Flyguy
02-23-2021, 09:02 PM
What was he driving?

A one iron, but God can't even hit a one iron!

the.tru.albertan
02-23-2021, 09:30 PM
What was he driving?

A 2021 Genesis GV80. It's a Genesis sponsored event.

Great vehicles. I got a 2021 G80 sedan.

58thecat
02-24-2021, 07:24 AM
Considering his age, serious leg injuries on top of his previous back problems could end Tiger's golf career.

That ended during the sex/drug addiction years....done....

58thecat
02-24-2021, 07:27 AM
From what I gather online it seems Woods may have almost had an accident while rushing to leave the hotel he was staying at. Apparently almost collided with a director who was working on an unassociated movie at the same hotel and director was shaken enough to mention to coworkers prior to accident. Word is woods got in his car in the parking lot and was blocked by another vehicle loading their luggage. Appeared agitated. Sounds like he had an engagement/recorded lesson scheduled for 7:30am at riviera GC with drew brees and a another major QB... but Riviera was an hour or so away so he was likely behind schedule.

To me this makes sense with the accident scene. ****ed he's behind and racing to make an appt. and extra agitated by a simple delay in parking lot. Could have been on a cell coordinating timing while speeding on a curvy road. Would explain a lot of the accident scene. High speed, no skid marks over a long stretch. Time will tell...or they will bury the details and we'll never know for sure :)

Hmmmm cell phone....not saying this was the case but man a lot of road passes by when you glance down to read or text.....just saying:snapoutofit:

bucksman
02-24-2021, 08:01 AM
That ended during the sex/drug addiction years....done....

because the masters and the tour championship don't count

58thecat
02-24-2021, 09:08 AM
because the masters and the tour championship don't count

oh don't get me wrong he was outstanding but forgot to toe the line and along the way lost a lot of respect with his decision making. Got caught and made excuses...the media has a funny way of building up people to a level of high integrity just for the story...sad thing is people follow it and believe it too.:(

I don't like him...period... but that being said I hope he recovers because he has family that care about him...seems his ability to make bad decisions continues to hurt them deeply.

Phil McCracken
02-24-2021, 09:59 AM
oh don't get me wrong he was outstanding but forgot to toe the line and along the way lost a lot of respect with his decision making. Got caught and made excuses...the media has a funny way of building up people to a level of high integrity just for the story...sad thing is people follow it and believe it too.:(

I don't like him...period... but that being said I hope he recovers because he has family that care about him...seems his ability to make bad decisions continues to hurt them deeply.

With all due respect.

He is a human being, just like all of us.

So let's see. Yesterday morning, he was late for work. Sped down a winding hill, lost control, and crashed. This scenario, except for maybe the crash, occurs thousands times a day by "normal folks".

What does make me sick is the mainstream media using this to fit their narratives. Some even spun this into a race thing. Sickening.

Tiger had his fair share of self induced issues in the past. He dealt with them, and moved on.

I still like the guy due to single-handedly change the game of golf.

Get better Tiger!

Ken07AOVette
02-24-2021, 10:48 AM
I hate that I won't ever watch golf again, if he is done. I watch it very little now, and if he is not out there I change the channel. It always seemed when I watched he always missed the putts lol.

I never really liked the guy, meaning I did not idolize him, he was always better than everyone else in every way in his own mind, but he was sure interesting to watch. He should have been the all-time ambassador to the sport.

He is so self-destructive it was like watching a live bomb being defused every time he played.

It will be interesting to see if this was something that he was at fault for, if there was something in his blood or he was driving like an ass, but I hope not.

I do hope he heals well.

Bigwoodsman
02-24-2021, 10:58 AM
I hate that I won't ever watch golf again, if he is done. I watch it very little now, and if he is not out there I change the channel. It always seemed when I watched he always missed the putts lol.

I never really liked the guy, meaning I did not idolize him, he was always better than everyone else in every way in his own mind, but he was sure interesting to watch. He should have been the all-time ambassador to the sport.

He is so self-destructive it was like watching a live bomb being defused every time he played.

It will be interesting to see if this was something that he was at fault for, if there was something in his blood or he was driving like an ass, but I hope not.

I do hope he heals well.

I too used to watch more golf when he was playing, and watch very little now mostly for the same reasons.

I have started to watch Dustin Johnson more and like his style of golf.

BW

Ken07AOVette
02-24-2021, 11:06 AM
I too used to watch more golf when he was playing, and watch very little now mostly for the same reasons.

I have started to watch Dustin Johnson more and like his style of golf.

BW

Some of the new golfers are just fantastic.

I think I may have watched just to see who was going to beat Tiger.

Phil is still amazing to watch, as is Bubba.

It is like Tennis. I always set the PVR to record every ATP Tennis tournament, IF Federer is playing. If he is not I zip through all the recordings to see who wins.

58thecat
02-24-2021, 02:37 PM
With all due respect.

He is a human being, just like all of us.

So let's see. Yesterday morning, he was late for work. Sped down a winding hill, lost control, and crashed. This scenario, except for maybe the crash, occurs thousands times a day by "normal folks".

What does make me sick is the mainstream media using this to fit their narratives. Some even spun this into a race thing. Sickening.

Tiger had his fair share of self induced issues in the past. He dealt with them, and moved on.

I still like the guy due to single-handedly change the game of golf.

Get better Tiger!

and that is why I said I hope he gets better as he has family just like the rest of us...I just don't like what he had become is all....not taking away what he was at all...he was the best....was.

58thecat
02-24-2021, 02:40 PM
Some of the new golfers are just fantastic.

I think I may have watched just to see who was going to beat Tiger.

Phil is still amazing to watch, as is Bubba.

It is like Tennis. I always set the PVR to record every ATP Tennis tournament, IF Federer is playing. If he is not I zip through all the recordings to see who wins.

The masters is all I will follow...green jacket is cool...as for Roger well he has been a no show for over a year....the joker is the man now!!!! and we got a few great Canadians too:sHa_shakeshout:

Looper
02-24-2021, 03:37 PM
and that is why I said I hope he gets better as he has family just like the rest of us...I just don't like what he had become is all....not taking away what he was at all...he was the best....was.

That's the weakest back peddle I've ever heard.

Looper

58thecat
02-24-2021, 04:47 PM
That's the weakest back peddle I've ever heard.

Looper

not back peddling at all...read my initial post...still stand by it....and that's a hard J stroke.

saskbooknut
02-24-2021, 06:28 PM
Utterly unimportant person, equally unimportant story.
I don't wish him ill fortune, in any way.
Not deserving of front of page coverage, particularly in Canada.

hayseed
02-24-2021, 08:36 PM
Yep, just another meh story. Although I wish no ill will on anybody, hope he heals quick, and full recovery.

Never followed him or never will, just me.

WV911
02-24-2021, 08:48 PM

if it is so unimportant to you why did you read through 2 pages of posts?

Grizzly Adams
02-24-2021, 09:24 PM
Yep, just another meh story. Although I wish no ill will on anybody, hope he heals quick, and full recovery.

Never followed him or never will, just me.

Just another Media promoted celebrity to me as well.

Grizz

Savage Bacon
02-25-2021, 06:52 AM
Any news on his situation?

Pathfinder76
02-25-2021, 07:13 AM
He will not be charged with a crime, was not extricated with the Jaws of life, has two broken legs, and is friends with Trump. A potential career ending malady.

1899b
02-25-2021, 07:18 AM
Any news on his situation?

They say he was more than likely speeding when he hit the rough...

MountainTi
02-25-2021, 07:20 AM
Just another Media promoted celebrity to me as well.

Grizz

I believe being the best golfer in the world promoted his celebrity status, not the media

Pathfinder76
02-25-2021, 07:27 AM
I believe being the best golfer in the world promoted his celebrity status, not the media

Laughing! There is that detail. But apparently he is self destructive.

saskbooknut
02-25-2021, 07:29 AM
Chicken and egg argument.
Celebrity status promoted by media coverage of golfing success.

B-radshaw
02-25-2021, 07:30 AM
Sorry couldn't resist.

Pathfinder76
02-25-2021, 07:52 AM
Chicken and egg argument.
Celebrity status promoted by media coverage of golfing success.

The celebrity made him the best golfer in the world? Makes sense.

Grizzly Adams
02-25-2021, 08:20 AM

Which reminds me of my bumper sticker, a golf course is a waste of good pasture. :D

Grizz

elkhunter11
02-25-2021, 08:22 AM
I could never be bothered to watch golf, and I see him as just another person, so while I hope that he recovers, just like I would wish for almost any other person, I don't see his being injured as any great loss to humanity.

1899b
02-25-2021, 08:32 AM
Which reminds me of my bumper sticker, a golf course is a waste of good pasture. :D

Grizz

Or rifle range

Sundog57
02-25-2021, 10:24 AM
Or rifle range

Or a spectacular waste of good dog training grounds

elkhunter11
02-25-2021, 10:25 AM
Or a spectacular waste of good dog training grounds

Better yet, a sporting clays course.

Ackleyman
02-25-2021, 10:52 AM
Like him or dislike him. Anyone here donated $12 million to help kids...?

1899b
02-25-2021, 11:00 AM

Before or after he got caught with the hookers and destroyed his marriage??

Ackleyman
02-25-2021, 11:26 AM
Does it matter ? Lots of peoples marriages go South , some over more serious circumstances like killing each other.
Point is that the man did donate to help kids.

Savage Bacon
02-25-2021, 11:32 AM
They say he was more than likely speeding when he hit the rough...

Zing!! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Ken07AOVette
02-25-2021, 11:33 AM

Very good point

Before or after he got caught with the hookers and destroyed his marriage??

Oh owch, tough crowd today :fighting0030:

Does it matter ? Lots of peoples marriages go South , some over more serious circumstances like killing each other.

+1

I do hope he recovers and there were no nefarious contributing factors like drugs or alcohol

saskbooknut
02-25-2021, 01:45 PM
On golf courses -
Golf courses are a whole lot easier to put back to farmland than subdivisions.

Tiger Woods is just another pampered celebrity, who decided that the rules of ordinary decency didn't apply to him.

Ackleyman
02-25-2021, 02:09 PM
What is "ordinary" decency ?

1899b
02-25-2021, 03:00 PM

Lots of athletes donate to charities and do it quietly. I do know he has some sort of foundation that is very generous. The only mention of 12 million I could find is that his wife had their 12 million dollar home bulldozed. She didn’t mess around...

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/ca.sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/tiger-woods-ex-wife-bulldozes-12-million-home-232405259.html

HVA7mm
02-25-2021, 03:12 PM

So in other words, consistent and on "par" (had to do it) with pretty much every other front page story in Canada.