PDA

View Full Version : Little Smokey River???

ukrmaf
08-20-2009, 12:29 AM
I'll be camping on the little smokey out by foxcreek for moose season, in early october, thinking to bring along my new fly rod and wondering if anyone has fished it, and what to use and or expect???

bbbhunter
08-20-2009, 04:42 AM
I have fished that area quite a bit, I usually start on KM34 on the bigstone where there is a bridge crossing, Sept is usually the best, Ihave tried there in Oct and found it not as good. Right at the bridge crossing there is a long pool and the grayling and whitefish stack up in there for over-wintering. I have caught them with nymphs, the bulls with streamers, and they usually rise to adams style dries. As far as I know there are only grayling, whites and bulls in there, how-ever I caught a pike there several years ago. Be prepared as I have caught a few good size bulls in there, I have also found that the average size of the grayling has dropped, I dropped my acu-view over the bridge one day in about the middle of Sept and could not believe the amount of fish stacked up in the pool, any-way hope this helps.