PDA

View Full Version : NEOS Overshoes - reviews?

thumper
02-24-2021, 10:15 PM
I'm considering purchasing a pair of NEOS Overshoes (actually 'over-boots') ! Specifically, the Navigator 5S model.

I'm hoping that they'd keep my feet warmer, and the ability to wear my regular footwear inside them, and then easily step out of them, - appeals to me as well. I'm in and out of the truck often and lacing up/off outer footwear is a pain.

The waterproof feature, and expandable gaiters are also attractive for hunting in wet, slushy snow and in heavy brush.

I know that they are used by people working in the outdoors - does anyone have any experience in hunting with them ? Do they feel big & clunky?

whitetail Junkie
02-24-2021, 11:19 PM
I wear these whitetail hunting in the cold and always ice fishing over my 2000 insulate hiking boots and my feet have never got cold....

They are abit big/bulky but are fairly quiet...No problem driving with them on to at least in my type of truck...

cranky
02-24-2021, 11:31 PM
I have a pair of the overboots. They keep your feet warmer than without,and definitely dry. I wear them mostly for fishing. I can walk in everyday shoes and then slip them on when I get to the creek or river etc. They even fit over my cowboy boots well. I have stood in water all day at times on and off up to about 10 inches deep though boot is taller than that,not a sign of water getting in. I got mine a bit large. They can be walked in but are a bit sloppy for walking a long ways. Thats why i got them rather than wear rubber boots that i find are uncomfortable for walking in. I can carry them to where i want to fish,then slip them on. They are supper light to carry and take up no space folded up in a small Safeway type plastic bag. Outside you won't notice it but indoors walking down a hall or something your shoes will squeak inside the boot. Bit embarrassing as it's quite loud.
I have heard some of the military guys wear them but don't know that first hand.. My mail lady wears a pair.
They are worth every penny to me.

Osky
02-25-2021, 06:32 AM
I have a pair. They are ok. I don’t like the way my first boot slips around in them and they are too clunky for any serious hiking. Standing ice fishing, that type of thing maybe they are better suited? I thought mine would be great for trapline work off of the snow go but mine have studs in the soles which skated on the running boards. I thought of pulling the studs but that exterior sole material gets real stiff in cold weather and would slide just as much on the aluminum I fear.
Don’t wear them much at all now, maybe wood cutting.
My real cold weather boots are Baffin Impacts.

Osky

sharp_85
03-04-2021, 05:58 PM
I have a pair of summer and a pair of winter Neo's. Big fan of both of them.

I do agree that they are pretty clunky though. I don't like walking long distances in them, well unless its more of a saunter. Unless you get lucky and the footwear you are wearing them over fits like a glove then your shoe/boot is going to slid around in them. Also the soles of the Neo's aren't really suited for extreme terrain.

However, for hopping in and out of a truck for an easy on/off boot they would be awesome. Also like others have stated you can wear them over anything, half the time I wear mine over runners. They will definitely keep your feet dry and warmer, even into sub zero temps. Pack up real small if you roll the tops down. You can even use the one strap on each boot to clip them to each other.

thumper
03-04-2021, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the reviews. I'll get me a pair !