PDA

View Full Version : Park Premium Auto & Leisure - Sherwood Park

Fwee6
02-26-2021, 02:22 PM
Hey AO folks,

Looking at a machine currently for sale with this outfit.

Anyone had any dealings with them?
- Good shop?
- Honest?
- Other?

Appreciate any insight.
Fwee

Blastoff
02-26-2021, 02:45 PM
Wouldn’t give them the time off day over priced and found them to cover up some issues on a couple off quads last year. Also didn’t want budge on prices saying we have a deal going on it.

moniaw24
02-26-2021, 03:15 PM
This is a "finance only" type stealership.... they prey on people who pay way to much for their machines and use multiple finance companies to approve the loan... I don't believe you can buy anything from them without financing

Drewski Canuck
02-26-2021, 04:29 PM
If you only knew the commissions that dealerships get paid for arranging the financing, you would simply GAG!!!

Rather than reduce their price on a CASH SALE, a Calgary Toyota Dealer told my Brother that they would make the first 6 months of payments on a 5 year Demand style loan, but that he could not pay it off for 6 months. After the 6 months the dealership would get a commission of about $2,500 from the bank.

This why even if you pay CASH, the Dealership will have you meet with the Finance Department so that they can try and talk you out of paying cash for the car.

But as for that particular business, they are selling VANITY, just like Marine, Snowmobile, ski equipment, etc. The margins are huge and more so on parts and accessories.

Drewski

Fwee6
02-26-2021, 06:21 PM
Thanks AO folks.

I was all cash, so perhaps that was a turn-off for this place from the start. But in discussion with them today there were about 4 red flags that turned me off pretty quick.
Upon getting more detailed pictures of the quad I was interested in, it became even more apparent this is a place to avoid.