PDA

View Full Version : Hunting boots

Konatodd
02-27-2021, 08:03 AM
I’m looking for recommendations on places to look at some quality hunting boots.
I live in Fort McMurray but would travel pretty much anywhere within a couple hours radius of Edmonton.
I’ve been to Cabelas, but I would rather support a small business if anyone could recommend some with a good selection in stock.
Thanks in advance!

Maxwell78
02-27-2021, 08:26 AM
Track n Trail in Edmonton carries Han Wags. They are a very comfortable boot for hunting

marky_mark
02-27-2021, 09:03 AM
Campers village
Valhalla pure
Mec 👎
Great north precision carries crispis

If your wanting high end boots your probably going to have to order them online and send back the ones you don’t like

kingrat
02-27-2021, 09:10 AM
Track n Trail in Edmonton carries Han Wags. They are a very comfortable boot for hunting

I just picked a pair up and they are by far the best boot I've owned, used to love my danners until these came along.

TOG
02-27-2021, 09:11 AM
Great North Precision in Kelowna carries Crispi boots and their customer service is great. Very fast shipping.

ram crazy
02-27-2021, 09:33 AM
Salomon Quest 4D GTX boots are very comfortable and there was no brake in needed. Go to Atmosphere and take a look at them.

kilgoretrout
02-27-2021, 10:08 AM
I can vouch for above as far as warmth and breakin goes although I have never used them for hunting..... I would recommend a pair of Schnee's Hunter II 16 inch boots

Lefty-Canuck
02-27-2021, 10:30 AM
Jimbows Calgary carries Hanwag, if you know the size you need Jimbows Edmonton can get them up from the Calgary store.

LC

fordtruckin
02-27-2021, 01:24 PM
I can vouch for above as far as warmth and breakin goes although I have never used them for hunting..... I would recommend a pair of Schnee's Hunter II 16 inch boots

I have a couple pairs of the Hunter 2 pack boots. I wear them pretty much every day from the start of general rifle season in October until April/May with no complaints. I wouldn’t say they are a very supportive boot if your going sheep or goat hunting but haven’t had any issues elk hunting up to 9000’ with them. I did just get a pair of Kennetreks over the winter that I’m interested to try out as they are more of the hiking boot than pack boot.

Fitscottn
02-27-2021, 01:38 PM
Salomon Quest 4D GTX boots are very comfortable and there was no brake in needed. Go to Atmosphere and take a look at them.

I have a pair of these and second the comments.

Comfy, no break in.

Insulation wise they are a little on the light size if you are planning to sit in or below freezing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Konatodd
02-27-2021, 04:38 PM
Thanks for all the replies, I like the look of the Hanwags I’ll be checking those out on my next trip down to Edmonton.
Any other suggestions? :)

artie
03-01-2021, 05:54 PM
For my foot I found the regular Hanwags were too tight. They seemed fine the first year and then my feet must have got wider as I cannot blame the boot as I now take a wide in all boots.

I bought a pair of Cabelas Mendals in wide when they had them. They have been my favorite boot. I hear that Mendal boots are now hard to find.

What frustrates me about boots is you pay good money for nice leather exteriors but they put some kind of cloth on the inside of the boot. For me after a few years of use this cloth breaks down by the back of the heel and becomes uncomfortable. Wish they would put leather on the inside of the boot.

pikeslayer22
03-01-2021, 08:28 PM
Check up lathrop and sons. Get them custom made to your feet

Ken H
03-02-2021, 01:34 PM
Check up lathrop and sons. Get them custom made to your feet

I have a pair coming from them at the moment. Can’t wait to try them out with the custom insoles as well.

RobTurbo
03-02-2021, 03:50 PM
I have a pair coming from them at the moment. Can’t wait to try them out with the custom insoles as well.

What was the cost for your perfect setup? Their website falls short on pricing after the 3D foot mapping.

sharp_85
03-04-2021, 05:49 PM
Another vote for Hanwags

Also another strong vote for Track and Trail in Edmonton.

Locally owned shop and excellent customer service! They are my first choice for anything that they carry.

Hooter
03-04-2021, 06:43 PM
Another vote for Hanwags

Also another strong vote for Track and Trail in Edmonton.

Locally owned shop and excellent customer service! They are my first choice for anything that they carry.

+1!!! Great place and great service.

sendmethem
03-07-2021, 10:41 PM
Kuiu Scarpa's for fall rough terrain and Irish Setters 800g insulated for November elk/deer. No complaints.

KyleSS
03-08-2021, 03:20 AM
I have been on the hunt for a good mountain hunting boot. I have tried on the Hanwag Alaskan GTX in wide, Lowa Tibet GTX in wide and the Kenetrek MTN Hunter in Wide.

I have a Wide toe box and a normal width heel.

For me, the Kenetrek MTN Hunter in a wide felt the best.