PDA

View Full Version : Chrysta Freeland father farm sale in Peace River, Alberta

PaintearthCounty
02-27-2021, 09:13 AM
Apparently Chrysta Freeland father ,who is in Justin TruDope’s cabinet, Donald Freeland is have a farm sale , March 30, 2021 , apparently a die hard Lieberal living in a strong Conservative area , wonder what he has to say about his daughter and her sleaze Lieberals buddies ,,voting that farmers not be exempt from the Carbon tax ,

fishtank
02-27-2021, 11:57 AM
remember the stanley cup final between the oiler and the 'canes, starting goalie cam ward( from sherwood park )was playing for the 'canes. family got nothing to do with it . yet they get drag into it dues to fans mob mentality.

raab
02-27-2021, 12:12 PM
Probably had to put the farm up for sale due to Chrystia's townhome in Toronto. Shame

https://ipolitics.ca/2013/10/15/chrystia-freeland-defends-1-3-million-home-purchase/

elkhunter11
02-27-2021, 12:35 PM
Quite the family she comes from.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/defence-watch/chrystia-freelands-granddad-was-indeed-a-nazi-collaborator-so-much-for-russian-disinformation

leo
02-27-2021, 01:32 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krakivs%27ki_Visti

Fact checked by a U of A professor too. No surprise. Trudeau Sr. Loved Fidel.

Carriertxv
02-27-2021, 02:29 PM
Probably had to put the farm up for sale due to Chrystia's townhome in Toronto. Shame

https://ipolitics.ca/2013/10/15/chrystia-freeland-defends-1-3-million-home-purchase/

I really doubt if daddy has to pay for her home. The stupid Canadian taxpayer has paid for it. Don’t kid yourself she knows just how to rape the Canadian taxpayer. She has learned from the best of them.

marky_mark
02-27-2021, 02:56 PM
Lots of freelands and Freelend’s in the peace country

Grizzly Adams
02-27-2021, 04:51 PM
Lots of freelands and Freelend’s in the peace country

That might explain her election. :lol:

Grizz

jungleboy
02-27-2021, 04:55 PM

Grizz

Not unless they are heading to Toronto to vote

I’d rather be outdoors
02-27-2021, 04:55 PM
I really doubt if daddy has to pay for her home. The stupid Canadian taxpayer has paid for it. Don’t kid yourself she knows just how to rape the Canadian taxpayer. She has learned from the best of them.

X2

Cement Bench
02-27-2021, 06:19 PM
I would probably get a hotel room and park down the road from the auction with signs and a megaphone

what say u folks

as long as we don’t unduly block the road is this something,there is a appetite for

folks who,truly,want to get to the auction better try to get there early as the near parking spots can be already taken

thoughts

marky_mark
02-27-2021, 06:33 PM

Grizz

I know a few. They claim no relation lol

Bushmaster
02-27-2021, 06:48 PM
All the auctions I know of in this area are all being done online.

fishnguy
02-27-2021, 07:13 PM
Don Freeland, the lawyer?

PaintearthCounty
02-27-2021, 07:14 PM

Yes that’s him. Lawyer in Peace River, Alberta

marky_mark
02-27-2021, 07:19 PM

That explains a lot

esher
02-27-2021, 07:19 PM
All the auctions I know of in this area are all being done online.

They are.

marky_mark
02-27-2021, 07:24 PM
https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/43-2/bill/C-273/first-reading?fbclid=IwAR10lfGN03Jrer8iOK5y7Yfsz0INdEecJ 6c6TQSN-youBjUnY0ZctQvysMY

fishnguy
02-27-2021, 08:52 PM
Yes that’s him. Lawyer in Peace River, Alberta
Ha! Who would have thought! I would never put these 2 and 2 together. I don’t know the guy personally (as in friends), but did talk to him on a couple of occasions and hunted on his land a couple of times. Never talked politics or anything remotely close, but he seemed like a level headed guy. Hard-working. Ha! Like I said, would never have guessed.

So he is selling the land?

Why does she have to defend a $1.3M home in Toronto? That’s not even much for Toronto and her and her husband’s pay grade.

I would suggest looking at the local map and the land Don owns. He has more land than an average guy would know what to do with. Some beautiful quarters too.

marky_mark
02-27-2021, 08:59 PM
Ha! Who would have thought! I would never put these 2 and 2 together. I don’t know the guy personally (as in friends), but did talk to him on a couple of occasions and hunted on his land a couple of times. Never talked politics or anything remotely close, but he seemed like a level headed guy. Hard-working. Ha! Like I said, would never have guessed.

Why does she have to defend a $1.3M home in Toronto? That’s not even much for Toronto and her and her husband’s pay grade.

I would suggest looking at the local map and the land Don owns. He has more land than an average guy would know what to do with. Some beautiful quarters too.

She get 182k a year plus 87k for being a minister
And that’s at a minimum
I’d guess at least half is tax free

fishnguy
02-27-2021, 09:10 PM
I’d guess her husband clears probably not far from it too. That’s a wild kind of uneducated, if you like, guess though. Isn’t he New York Times journalist and a writer or something?

https://i.postimg.cc/8zyWmjZm/A1-B378-E3-7-B57-4703-B341-50-D72-ABB44-EB.jpg

fishnguy
02-27-2021, 09:17 PM
Man... I really had no clue. Thanks for the thread. I somewhat educated myslef, lol. From wikipedia:

Her father, Donald Freeland, was a farmer and lawyer and a member of the Liberal Party, and her mother, Halyna Chomiak (1946–2007), was also a lawyer who ran for the New Democratic Party (NDP) in Edmonton Strathcona in the 1988 federal election.

Freeland's paternal grandfather, Wilbur Freeland, was a farmer and lawyer who rode in the Calgary Stampede, and his sister, Beulah, was the wife of a federal member of Parliament (MP), Ged Baldwin. Her paternal grandmother, Helen Caulfield, was a WWII war bride from Glasgow.

Freeland's mother, Halyna Chomiak, was born at a hospital administered by the US Army; her parents were staying at the displaced persons camp at a spa resort in Bad Wörishofen, Germany. Halyna's Ukrainian Catholic parents were Mykhailo Khomiak (Anglicized as Michael Chomiak), born in Stroniatyn, Galicia, and Alexandra Loban, originally of Rudniki, near Stanislaviv (now Ivano-Frankivsk). As Ukraine experienced democratic backsliding from the 1990s, Freeland, who grew up in Alberta, saw "firsthand" the consequences of her mother's activism as a "prominent member of the Ukrainian Canadian community."

Freeland's maternal grandfather, Michael Chomiak or Mykhailo Khomiak in Ukrainian, had been a journalist before World War II. During the war in Nazi-occupied Poland and later Nazi-occupied Austria he was chief editor of the Ukrainian antisemitic daily newspaper Krakivs'ki visti (News of Krakow) for the Nazi regime. After Chomiak's death in 1984, John-Paul Himka, a professor of history at the University of Alberta, who was Chomiak's son-in-law (and also Freeland's uncle by marriage), used Chomiak's records, including old issues of the newspaper, as the basis of several scholarly papers focused on the coverage of Soviet mass murders of Ukrainian civilians. These papers also examined the use of these massacres as propaganda against Jews. In 2017 when Russian-affiliated websites further publicized Chomiak's connection to Nazism, Freeland and her spokespeople responded by claiming that this was a Russian disinformation campaign during her appointment for the position of minister of foreign affairs. Her office later denied Chomiak ever collaborated with the Nazi Germany. However, Freeland has known of her grandfather's Nazi ties since at least 1996, when she helped edit a scholarly article by Himka for the Journal of Ukrainian Studies.

Man, a guy can never know who his “neighbours” are.

This thread has now shaken up my day, lol. Who would have thought.

Badgerbadger
02-27-2021, 09:30 PM
So, she's more Albertan than Kenney? Go figure!:)

270person
02-27-2021, 09:31 PM
Peace River can erect another statue. 12 Foot Davis and 5' *******

elkhunter11
02-27-2021, 09:32 PM
So, she's more Albertan than Kenney? Go figure!:)

Yet she is doing her best to help destroy the Alberta economy.

Badgerbadger
02-27-2021, 11:29 PM
Yet she is doing her best to help destroy the Alberta economy.

He's accomplishing that, way better than she, it appears.

raab
02-28-2021, 12:19 AM

Well if her and her husbands pay grade could afford it why did they need the farm as collateral? I'd be pretty hard pressed to ask my parents to use their residence as collateral for my property. Sad that this is our minister of finance who is killing small business while helping her elite business friends.

fishnguy
02-28-2021, 12:53 AM
Well if her and her husbands pay grade could afford it why did they need the farm as collateral? I'd be pretty hard pressed to ask my parents to use their residence as collateral for my property.
Who cares? You’d do one thing, I’d do something else, she did what she did, all in private setting. I’d bet my money she didn’t get a student loan for her education either. Is that something you or me should care about?

Also, while irrelevant, her parents aren’t hurting.

elkhunter11
02-28-2021, 06:47 AM
He's accomplishing that, way better than she, it appears.

Not a chance, she has helped ensure that no pipelines are built, no new projects happen, and we keep supporting Quebec and the Atlantic provinces through equalization payments. And then there is all of the money that her government hands to terrorists and foreign countries, instead of using it in Canada. It would be hard to do a better job of destroying our economy.

gman1978
02-28-2021, 07:50 AM
Not a chance, she has helped ensure that no pipelines are built, no new projects happen, and we keep supporting Quebec and the Atlantic provinces through equalization payments. And then there is all of the money that her government hands to terrorists and foreign countries, instead of using it in Canada. It would be hard to do a better job of destroying our economy.

X2
That smug arrogant look on her face when she dodges questions in question period makes me want to puke. She is a enemy to democracy plain and simple and needs to go. I there is not any true Albertan left in her. Maybe she is so over her head so bad she’s just following the money I don’t know. An absolute embarrassment.

IL Bar
02-28-2021, 08:50 AM
I am wondering if her father is selling to avoid a possible estate tax that might be in the works?

elkhunter11
02-28-2021, 08:56 AM
I am wondering if her father is selling to avoid a possible estate tax that might be in the works?

0f course he would know if it was coming.

cody j
02-28-2021, 09:51 AM
My thoughts exactly, if the Liberals get in with a majority they be be looking for all the money they can get, capital gains, inheritance tax etc. They want a piece of the assets people worked their whole lives to acquire to buy the votes of people who haven’t worked yet or maybe don’t want to. Even some liberal voters may be in for a surprise in the future when they have land or other assets to sell.

cowmanbob
02-28-2021, 10:28 AM
Health issues is the reason for the sale.

Big Grey Wolf
02-28-2021, 10:45 AM
Guys as a MP she is open game for us to drag her through the coals. However I do not believe we should be chewing up her parents for what the Turd has done to us in the west. A hard working farmer finally selling out his homestead has nothing to do with what his daughter does in Ottawa.

6.5 shooter
02-28-2021, 11:04 AM
Seems a lot like what happened with KD Lang and her parents. I guess if you swim with the sharks, someone is going to get bit. Anyone know if there are any firearms for sale ?? Would be kind of Ironic. :fighting0074:

Windsweptcoast
02-28-2021, 11:38 AM
Ridiculous topic. Who cares if her father’s farm is for sale.

waldedw
02-28-2021, 12:17 PM
Health issues is the reason for the sale.

So there you have it, and the rest of this is just innuendos and fabricated crap by someone for their own amusement............. again, seems to be the way of the world these day's....... unreal

jungleboy
02-28-2021, 12:28 PM
So there you have it, and the rest of this is just innuendos and fabricated crap by someone for their own amusement............. again, seems to be the way of the world these day's....... unreal

Seems like a good place to end this discussion.