PDA

View Full Version : 2009 SLK300 Convertible...What’s it worth?

Positrac
02-27-2021, 01:45 PM
So, one of my neighbours has a mint 2009 Mercedes SLK300 Convertible that’s only been out of their garage a couple times in the 6 years they have lived there. I was helping them out a few days back and they mentioned that they were going to sell it this summer. I told them that I’d be interested in buying it for my wife for a summer vehicle to bomb around in. I have no idea what it’s worth and prices online are anywhere from $12,000 to $25,000. They all seem to have low kilometres, as does this one. It also doesn’t look like their was a lot of options you could get in 2009.

I’d be interested to know if anyone on here has had one. Are they any good? Any known issues to look out for? I know that Mercedes in general seem to depreciate rather quickly and used ones can be a real money pit once they get older. That’s probably what drives the price down on them.

This would just be a toy. I do all my own maintenance and while parts I’m sure are going to be more than your average Chevy we are not too worried as it could sit there until I got the parts and time to fix it. At the kilometres that are on it I would think it has a few years still left in it.

This is not the car but it is the spitting image right down to the colour, wheels and convertible hard top.

https://i.postimg.cc/T12FvrD7/E96-B6932-D4-C6-481-B-9767-B08-AEE06222-A.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

270person
02-27-2021, 01:48 PM
http://www.vmrcanada.com/canada_makes.html

Easy site to use that will get you close. If you can get it for wholesale or within $500 of, you'll be doing well.

pinelakeperch
02-27-2021, 01:53 PM
So, one of my neighbours has a mint 2009 Mercedes SLK300 Convertible that’s only been out of their garage a couple times in the 6 years they have lived there. I was helping them out a few days back and they mentioned that they were going to sell it this summer. I told them that I’d be interested in buying it for my wife for a summer vehicle to bomb around in. I have no idea what it’s worth and prices online are anywhere from $12,000 to $25,000. They all seem to have low kilometres, as does this one. It also doesn’t look like their was a lot of options you could get in 2009.

I’d be interested to know if anyone on here has had one. Are they any good? Any known issues to look out for? I know that Mercedes in general seem to depreciate rather quickly and used ones can be a real money pit once they get older. That’s probably what drives the price down on them.

This would just be a toy. I do all my own maintenance and while parts I’m sure are going to be more than your average Chevy we are not too worried as it could sit there until I got the parts and time to fix it. At the kilometres that are on it I would think it has a few years still left in it.

This is not the car but it is the spitting image right down to the colour, wheels and convertible hard top.

https://i.postimg.cc/T12FvrD7/E96-B6932-D4-C6-481-B-9767-B08-AEE06222-A.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

I think it’s far closer to the $12k mark than $25k.

Ken07AOVette
02-27-2021, 03:16 PM
I rode in 1 last week and called it the clown car. Tiny inside. Did go like hell though. I would be worried about repairs and diagnostic, you know there will be a premium on it and you likely have to wait weeks to get it back.

marky_mark
02-27-2021, 03:20 PM
Slk’s are nice little cars
It’s the lower hp engine which is a downside but for what your looking for it might fit the bill.
Mercedes are a pretty solid car
Parts are definitely cheaper for it than for a diesel pickup

270person
02-27-2021, 03:48 PM
Need to know which engine option and mileage. I plugged in 80-90,000 km, the 3.0L engine, sport pkg including 18" wheels, and Nav. Wholesale is $8400.00 and retail $10,400. Add $2,000 at both ends with the 3.5 engine.

I'm assuming it's nor the AMG.

Is there a Benz dealership in Ft Mac? :) My mom has a 350 sedan and there isn't much you can get done to it that's cheap and looking under the hood of one is a whole different animal than looking at the guts of a NA build. My BMW was the same way but even they aren't as steep as Benz.

Benz are beautiful vehicles. North America doesn't build anything remotely close. If you're willing to spend some coin on maintenace as it ages further it will last forever. Lots on the road with 500,000+ k.

Somebody was smoking the drapes listing theirs at $25k. This ones $12k max and likely in $9500.00 range would be my guess

Positrac
02-27-2021, 04:43 PM
Somebody was smoking the drapes listing theirs at $25k. This ones $12k max and likely in $9500.00 range would be my guess

That what I’m thinking too. I actually had no idea what it was worth until I started looking. I don’t think the owners know what it’s worth either. I know what they say they paid for it and it goes to show that when you buy something like this new you might as well drive the wheels off of it because they depreciate just the same sitting in the garage.

I know that if something goes on it that the parts won’t be cheap. A new truck depreciates what this thing is worth the first day it rolls off the lot so for a Sunday driver that has really low kilometres and has never been in an accident I’m not sure I could go wrong. Besides, its for my wife. Happy wife..happy life. At a few thousand kms a year I’m sure it will last a while with minimal maintenance. When it’s pouched I could put it on a Rubicon frame and 35’s and make something for me...lol.

I guess I’ll wait and see what the owners want for it. I think it’s worth more to them than what retail is on it. They may just decide to keep it when they realize it’s not worth but a fraction of the 60 grand they say they paid for it. Hard to believe they depreciate so much.

270person
02-27-2021, 04:49 PM
It's the smaller V6? You didn't mention the k's so I'm assuming you're listing it on AO in a few years and don't want any of Us to know you were hunting with it.

How's the headroom with a First Light beanie on? Enough door frame for a high mount Swaro and a pool noodle?

Arty
02-27-2021, 04:56 PM
Ten grand for a daily-driver summer commuting car like that would be great, if it was maintained well up to the point you got it. But I'd tool up for that model c/w a detailed service manual, and get to know it real well. Mercedes have generally been built like a tank and will overall last a very long time, but also have a lot of detailed stuff built into them now that will fail. If you like constant maintenance tweaking and staying on top of things, it's a great solid car. If not, then not.

I'm guessing that comprehensive insurance on it might make your eyes water too. OTOH for a high-mileage older light-use personal vehicle it might not be too bad if you're OK with a write-off for even minor damage. If a rear-end impact costs 12 grand to fix a complicated car like that, they'd probably just pay the 10 and dump it.

I'd take it in a minute for 10 - 12,000 if a computer scan and visual check shows no fundamental problems.

RandyBoBandy
02-27-2021, 06:46 PM

That is one sweet looking ride :)

amosfella
02-27-2021, 07:08 PM
I'll wade in on this one. The 300 is a spunky little engine. They're fun to drive.

I've never priced one, as the SLK was never on my list to buy. So, I won't comment on that. I'd walk over with $7000 in cash, lay it in front of them, and see if they take it.

However, if you can wrench yourself, they're ok to have. You'd do well to get a scan tool that can actually scan and program all parts of the car. There's videos of guys using a link for another car and a laptop with STAR SDS to program. So, apparently, you don't need the full STAR system to make it work. (Wish I had known that before I bought one.) Annoyingly, in STAR, most of the system settings are in German, which I do not read or write.

Certain parts are VIN encoded, so if you want to get junkyard parts you either have to have a guy get you the program to wipe the vin from the part so you can start over, or send out your old part and the new-used part, and swap encoder chips. Using the car with parts with the wrong vin will leave the car inoperable, or in limp mode till the vin discrepancy is fixed.

FCP Euro is a great place to get parts. All parts have a lifetime warranty on them. If it breaks and you bought it from them, they'll replace it no questions asked. Many of their parts branded 'Mercedes OE' are genuine Mercedes parts.

If it's got over 70,000 km, make sure you have a receipt for transmission service. The transmission conductor plate is vin encoded if you have to replace it the tranny.

If you can wrench on them yourself, they're not that bad to own, especially if they're not an only vehicle. A lot of the major parts can be rebuilt. On Benzworld forum, MAVA is good with repairing a lot of electronics and some transmissions. I've had him fix a few things for me in the past. There's also a guy in Toronto that fixes a lot of electronics in these cars. That's a lot cheaper than buying new parts.

Kinda funny thing about mercedes. I owned one that was considered a money pit by mercedes standards. A 95 S320. In the 13 years that I owned it, and for the miles driven, my repair costs were a lot less than 2 of my friends that had a Honda Civic, and a Toyota Camry. They were broken down twice as often as I was, and their repair bills were a lot more. Mind you, diagnostics on my car were a nightmare.

One thing about Mercedes. Their cars seem to last best if you get them out on the highway and run them. Their reliability seems to go into the crapper if you only run them in start and stop traffic with the majority of the driving time being done at under 60 km/h.

Positrac
02-27-2021, 07:23 PM
It's the smaller V6? You didn't mention the k's so I'm assuming you're listing it on AO in a few years and don't want any of Us to know you were hunting with it.

How's the headroom with a First Light beanie on? Enough door frame for a high mount Swaro and a pool noodle?

It is the smaller V6. 44,000 Kms. Not a mark on it. Needs new tires. The originals are on it and a couple lost pressure a few years back and sat on the rims for a bit. They look fine but I dragged my compressor over to fill them so I’d want to change them. The rims are fine. Again, not a mark on them. It’s been sitting up on Jack stands for a couple years now.

They were hot to sell it but I’m thinking they realized what it’s worth since things have slowed. Man, do vehicles ever depreciate even when not used.

pinelakeperch
02-27-2021, 07:26 PM
It is the smaller V6. 44,000 Kms. Not a mark on it. Needs new tires. The originals are on it and a couple lost pressure a few years back and sat on the rims for a bit. They look fine but I dragged my compressor over to fill them so I’d want to change them. The rims are fine. Again, not a mark on them. It’s been sitting up on Jack stands for a couple years now.

They were hot to sell it but I’m thinking they realized what it’s worth since things have slowed. Man, do vehicles ever depreciate even when not used.

It’s 12 years old, can only be driven half the year, and is a base model luxury car. Fairly unsurprising to me as to why it has depreciated so significantly. I hope you’re able to buy it, it still looks modern and will be a hoot to drive for years to come.

Positrac
02-27-2021, 07:31 PM
Thanks for all the info gents. If they are reasonable on their price I think I’d grab it. My wife always comments each time she sees it, that she’d love a little car like that. I wasn’t looking to buy a car right now but with knowing the history on this one I don’t think you could find a nicer Sunday driver for what it’s worth.

I’d buy a Vette, but at 48 I’m still about 20 years away from being old enough to own one...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Positrac
02-27-2021, 07:36 PM
It’s 12 years old, can only be driven half the year, and is a base model luxury car. Fairly unsurprising to me as to why it has depreciated so significantly. I hope you’re able to buy it, it still looks modern and will be a hoot to drive for years to come.

I think that’s what appeals to the frugal side in me. It would be a blast to drive around in and a guy wouldn’t have too much tied up in it. With 2 kids coming up to University there’s not a lot more left in the budget for “fun” stuff after building my buggy.

amosfella
02-27-2021, 07:42 PM
Thanks for all the info gents. If they are reasonable on their price I think I’d grab it. My wife always comments each time she sees it, that she’d love a little car like that. I wasn’t looking to buy a car right now but with knowing the history on this one I don’t think you could find a nicer Sunday driver for what it’s worth.

I’d buy a Vette, but at 48 I’m still about 20 years away from being old enough to own one...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

The engine in that car is the M272. Check the engine serial number to see if it's in the range that had the balance shaft issue. That issue can destroy the engine right quick and in a hurry. Think crashed valvetrain and shrapnel scoring the cylinders. Other major issue with that engine is the swirl flaps. That can be repaired with an aftermarket kit, or delete the swirl flaps, and plug a resistor into the electric hookup.

This car can be driven in the winter.

pinelakeperch
02-27-2021, 08:08 PM
I think that’s what appeals to the frugal side in me. It would be a blast to drive around in and a guy wouldn’t have too much tied up in it. With 2 kids coming up to University there’s not a lot more left in the budget for “fun” stuff after building my buggy.

Frugal fun is some of the best fun! I have a 1992 Saab 900 turbo convertible. It was around $80k new in today’s dollars. I paid $3,500 for it in 2012. It might see a few hundred km per year. It’s actually appreciated significantly since then as Saab went under. Perhaps if you keep the MB for long enough you’ll have the same result. And if not, you’ll have an inexpensive fun ride and a happy wife :)

270person
02-27-2021, 08:36 PM

With that mileage the wholesale on it, assuming it has Nav and the sport pkg, is $8800. Generally if you can get a vehicle within 500 of wholesale you're doing very well.

I believe Benz wants to have their vehicles on Michelin so maybe you put 1k in new tires on it. Off you go.

As was mentioned by another poster these cars like to be driven. Not putted. High revs. Benz are damned awesome vehicles. Despite some of the negative comments the only thing I'd be worried about was it sitting that long undriven but you know what to do there.

amosfella
02-27-2021, 08:44 PM
With that mileage the wholesale on it, assuming it has Nav and the sport pkg, is $8800. Generally if you can get a vehicle within 500 of wholesale you're doing very well.

I believe Benz wants to have their vehicles on Michelin so maybe you put 1k in new tires on it. Off you go.

As was mentioned by another poster these cars like to be driven. Not putted. High revs. Benz are damned awesome vehicles. Despite some of the negative comments the only thing I'd be worried about was it sitting that long undriven but you know what to do there.

Continental and Parelli come stock these days. I'd get Continental myself.

sjr
02-27-2021, 09:32 PM
Do yourself a favor and just walk away from it . As with any High tech German car .
Over Priced
Over Engineered
And Over Here .

Dean2
02-28-2021, 09:41 AM
I'll wade in on this one. The 300 is a spunky little engine. They're fun to drive.

I've never priced one, as the SLK was never on my list to buy. So, I won't comment on that. I'd walk over with $7000 in cash, lay it in front of them, and see if they take it.

However, if you can wrench yourself, they're ok to have. You'd do well to get a scan tool that can actually scan and program all parts of the car. There's videos of guys using a link for another car and a laptop with STAR SDS to program. So, apparently, you don't need the full STAR system to make it work. (Wish I had known that before I bought one.) Annoyingly, in STAR, most of the system settings are in German, which I do not read or write.

Certain parts are VIN encoded, so if you want to get junkyard parts you either have to have a guy get you the program to wipe the vin from the part so you can start over, or send out your old part and the new-used part, and swap encoder chips. Using the car with parts with the wrong vin will leave the car inoperable, or in limp mode till the vin discrepancy is fixed.

FCP Euro is a great place to get parts. All parts have a lifetime warranty on them. If it breaks and you bought it from them, they'll replace it no questions asked. Many of their parts branded 'Mercedes OE' are genuine Mercedes parts.

If it's got over 70,000 km, make sure you have a receipt for transmission service. The transmission conductor plate is vin encoded if you have to replace it the tranny.

If you can wrench on them yourself, they're not that bad to own, especially if they're not an only vehicle. A lot of the major parts can be rebuilt. On Benzworld forum, MAVA is good with repairing a lot of electronics and some transmissions. I've had him fix a few things for me in the past. There's also a guy in Toronto that fixes a lot of electronics in these cars. That's a lot cheaper than buying new parts.

Kinda funny thing about mercedes. I owned one that was considered a money pit by mercedes standards. A 95 S320. In the 13 years that I owned it, and for the miles driven, my repair costs were a lot less than 2 of my friends that had a Honda Civic, and a Toyota Camry. They were broken down twice as often as I was, and their repair bills were a lot more. Mind you, diagnostics on my car were a nightmare.

One thing about Mercedes. Their cars seem to last best if you get them out on the highway and run them. Their reliability seems to go into the crapper if you only run them in start and stop traffic with the majority of the driving time being done at under 60 km/h.

I was going to make a long post but it would be hard to add anything of value to this one. Excellent info and advice.

As you have seen, the depreciation on any high end car is huge. Anyone that buys a Lexus, Mercedes, Audi etc new has more money than brains. New S500, $140,000, 3 years old 50,000 klms, $40,000, same with a Lexus LS. The one you are looking at won't depreciate all that fast from here out.

dmac
02-28-2021, 09:57 AM
I was going to make a long post but it would be hard to add anything of value to this one. Excellent info and advice.

As you have seen, the depreciation on any high end car is huge. Anyone that buys a Lexus, Mercedes, Audi etc new has more money than brains. New S500, $140,000, 3 years old 50,000 klms, $40,000, same with a Lexus LS. The one you are looking at won't depreciate all that fast from here out.

Don’t believe your numbers are correct. Do you have any examples?

Dean2
02-28-2021, 10:12 AM
Don’t believe your numbers are correct. Do you have any examples?

You know it isn't all that hard to look on Auto trader yourself before telling someone they are wrong.

2017 Lexus LS 460 AWD|ONE OWNER|NAVIGATION|REAR AIR CONDITION|77KM
77,701 km | Burlington |
Buy CARFAX History Report (https://www.carfax.ca/order?vin=JTHCL1EF1H5028331&report=verified&ref=trader&refID=5_50731362_20120516152700452&refdomain=2)
$44,888

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/lexus/ls/burlington/ontario/5_50731362_20120516152700452/?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&orup=21_15_43&pc=T5C%201K3&sprx=-1

Savage Bacon
02-28-2021, 10:39 AM

Keep in mind that these deals with neighbours can go south pretty quick. Not saying that this will be the case but it's something to keep in mind. If you buy the car, and a large component fails, it's on you. And can cause some bad blood between someone that lives so close to you.

I had a spare car a few years ago that I was wanting to sell. A neighbour coincidentally asked if I would sell it to them. I told them it wasn't for sale. I knew that if anything ever went wrong, they would naturally blame me.

Arty
02-28-2021, 11:42 AM
Keep in mind that these deals with neighbours can go south pretty quick. Not saying that this will be the case but it's something to keep in mind. If you buy the car, and a large component fails, it's on you. And can cause some bad blood between someone that lives so close to you.

I had a spare car a few years ago that I was wanting to sell. A neighbour coincidentally asked if I would sell it to them. I told them it wasn't for sale. I knew that if anything ever went wrong, they would naturally blame me.

Doing a thorough code scan and visual inspection will tell a pretty accurate story about what's going on with that car. And if it's clean, which at that mileage it should be, a 10K price or lower pretty much alleviates any unexpected problem that will need to be sorted out.

Paying ten times that amount would come with an expectation that everything is copacetic. But the probability of a big problem would be low at this point because of all the inspecting, and the small price tag would take much of the impact out of anything which comes up. You'll always have a possibility of failure in machinery new or old, but if it's in new shape and you get it for a song, it's gravy.

It's not a lottery, because you would have done your homework. So if anything does go seriously wrong, it would have been one of those improbable things about life like having a brain stroke or having a forest fire burn down your house or having your airline flight crash. Can't get mad at the neighbors for those sorts of things.

Savage Bacon
02-28-2021, 11:55 AM
Doing a thorough code scan and visual inspection will tell a pretty accurate story about what's going on with that car. And if it's clean, which at that mileage it should be, a 10K price or lower pretty much alleviates any unexpected problem that will need to be sorted out.

Paying ten times that amount would come with an expectation that everything is copacetic. But the probability of a big problem would be low at this point because of all the inspecting, and the small price tag would take much of the impact out of anything which comes up. You'll always have a possibility of failure in machinery new or old, but if it's in new shape and you get it for a song, it's gravy.

It's not a lottery, because you would have done your homework. So if anything does go seriously wrong, it would have been one of those improbable things about life like having a brain stroke or having a forest fire burn down your house or having your airline flight crash. Can't get mad at the neighbors for those sorts of things.

I totally agree. And when I buy something, and something unexpectedly happens, I'm aware that it's a "crap happens".

In my example if my neighour bought my car and it got a flat a year later, I had a feeling I'd still be married to it. That's all I meant.

Dean2
02-28-2021, 12:02 PM
I totally agree. And when I buy something, and something unexpectedly happens, I'm aware that it's a "crap happens".

In my example if my neighour bought my car and it got a flat a year later, I had a feeling I'd still be married to it. That's all I meant.

I know EXACTLY where you are coming from. Made the mistake one time of selling a car to one of my wife's nephew in laws. The guy was always after me to sell him one of the cars I was changing out. He loved high end cars but couldn't really afford them. After much lobbying by my wife, I finally relented and sold him one, a real cream puff, for a VERY good price. Big frackin mistake. Without going into all the details, we don't talk or associate any more, which isn't necessarily a bad thing cause I always though he was a buttwipe from the get go.

Positrac
02-28-2021, 12:27 PM

I hear what you are saying. I’m always leery of selling something to someone I know for that very reason. Like most, I’ve done so in the past and regretted it in the end. I’m not worried about buying from someone I know though and in this case I know the history. Could it have issues down the road? Sure. It’s a used vehicle and despite having low milage it’s 11 years old and things can go wrong with anything. It’s also a car that I’d never consider buying new. Not because I don’t like it, because I do, but because at this point in my life it’s a luxury that I couldn’t justify to myself.

If the owners decide to sell it for market value I think I’ll buy it. The car is seriously like new. So if I have to do some repairs down the road it won’t bother me. If it gets to be too much trouble I’d flog it and be out the cost of a cheap vacation for the family, which it doesn’t look like we will be doing anytime soon. I’m thinking though that the neighbours saw what it’s worth and are trying to decide if it’s even worth selling at that price.

tri777
02-28-2021, 12:42 PM
Only thing it's missing is a 'Money Pit' Emblem.

amosfella
02-28-2021, 01:16 PM

Incorrect. A proper code scan on one of these won't tell you anything if it was started with a low battery or the battery has ever gone dead for a period of time. There will be a crapton of error codes that mean absolutely nothing once cleared and a fully charged battery is installed. This can work to the buyers advantage.

I've got a clone factory computer. Been there, done that.

Oh, and from experience, DO NOT use a charger to jump start it. Trickle charge the battery, or if you want to fast charge, pull the negative battery post off. Electronics on these get stupid if the battery is below 12.3v. Extended use of the car with a weak battery can damage the electronics. Mind you, that's not a Mercedes unique problem. Just about all vehicles with computers can have that problem.

TBark
02-28-2021, 01:55 PM
I owned a 2008 MB C320 in Aus from 2017 til 4 mo ago.
If you jump on this, I highly recommend for a code reader the Icarsoft i980 Specific for MB,
Spend the $200 for it and save the shop diag charges.
I sold mine with the car.

TBark

Savage Bacon
02-28-2021, 03:28 PM
I hear what you are saying. I’m always leery of selling something to someone I know for that very reason. Like most, I’ve done so in the past and regretted it in the end. I’m not worried about buying from someone I know though and in this case I know the history. Could it have issues down the road? Sure. It’s a used vehicle and despite having low milage it’s 11 years old and things can go wrong with anything. It’s also a car that I’d never consider buying new. Not because I don’t like it, because I do, but because at this point in my life it’s a luxury that I couldn’t justify to myself.

If the owners decide to sell it for market value I think I’ll buy it. The car is seriously like new. So if I have to do some repairs down the road it won’t bother me. If it gets to be too much trouble I’d flog it and be out the cost of a cheap vacation for the family, which it doesn’t look like we will be doing anytime soon. I’m thinking though that the neighbours saw what it’s worth and are trying to decide if it’s even worth selling at that price.

It's a sharp looking car. I think your wife's motive is..... she'll have a nice shiny red car to drive!

I'm lucky in that sense, mine has a jeep, that I hate, but she loves it, and won't drive anything else.

Dean, it sounds like you lucked out on that "deal gone bad"

The classic story... don't lend money to friends.

Dean2
07-27-2021, 08:48 AM
Sp Positrac, did you ever end up buying that pretty little Red car? Would make a great Birthday present for your wife.

Ackleyman
07-27-2021, 12:10 PM
brother is a mech and had a few nice Mercedes like that. His best pal runs a shop specifically for Euro cars. His comments , engineered to work on , plugs , alternator other components easy to get at and change if required. Fuel inj pump and filter on frame rail instead of in tank . Lots of positives. The bad: stuff like front brake pads ..from Mercedes ..and you need there's because they have factory spacer kit so they don't squeal...$240.00 . You can not use a snap on ELD scanner for the warning lights that come on all the time. You go to Mercedes and bend over.
His advice , over engineered electrical , 300 computers and sensors......Walk away.

Cement Bench
07-27-2021, 12:28 PM
university is over rated, make the kids finance most of their education

then you have some money for your sanity

Positrac
07-27-2021, 04:10 PM
Sp Positrac, did you ever end up buying that pretty little Red car? Would make a great Birthday present for your wife.

I did not Dean. The owners wanted double, or about $20,000, what the book value on it was. It was a beautiful car in mint shape with very low kilometres but I bowed out. They ended up getting their price for it and it only took a week or so to sell.

I think someone paid more than it was worth but they did end up getting a car that was as close to new as you could get for a 2009.

Dean2
07-27-2021, 04:16 PM
I did not Dean. The owners wanted double, or about $20,000, what the book value on it was. It was a beautiful car in mint shape with very low kilometres but I bowed out. They ended up getting their price for it and it only took a week or so to sell.

I think someone paid more than it was worth but they did end up getting a car that was as close to new as you could get for a 2009.

Well, my view, only buy them when they are a deal. No two ways about it, Covid pricing has really messed up value chain. Used Pickups are selling for double what they were in 2019 so not much wonder this car is too. It will all come back around. More cash left to work on that neat buggy. You wife will get a real kick out of driving that too.