PDA

View Full Version : MSR Snowshoes Out of stock until next winter

Jays toyz
02-28-2021, 11:22 AM
My wife tried buying me snowshoes for Christmas from a local board shop. Instead she got a gift certificate for some at some later date. I went in to check last week and was told hopefully by next winter I should have some.
As local retailers, we try to shop local whenever its not an ugly cash grab but a year wait for MSR Snowshoes? Anybody see any higher end MSR's for sale anywhere. I understand pandemic shortages in the recreation business but wow. I'm uncomfortable leaving $500 ride on the hopes they will fulfill the obligation.

Cement Bench
02-28-2021, 11:32 AM
spend your money now

Dean2
02-28-2021, 11:42 AM
That is the big problem with gift cards, only good one place, can't get a refund and if they go broke, not worth a thing. You also don't get any kind of a discount for buying these sole source cards. Never have been able to figure out why people buy them at all, a prepaid Visa or cash is a whole lot safer, and you can use them anywhere.
Hopefully you can find something else at that board shop you want, or find a supply they can order in for you. MEC, SAIL and a few others show various models in stock.

Off in the Bushes
02-28-2021, 12:24 PM
If it helps they are worth the wait. I tried my buddies Atlas snowshoes with the band so your foot “floats” so its not always at the same angle to the ground as the snowshoe and just didn’t like that feeling. The second I tried MSR Lighting Ascents there was no going back. I don’t use the cheater heal though but I can see it saving some fatigue.

urban rednek
02-28-2021, 12:35 PM
Camper's Village shows a couple pair of the MSR Lightning Ascent in the West Edmonton location; available to order online. Men's M22 size rated to 180 lbs.

hilt134
02-28-2021, 06:49 PM
That’s a weird one. I’d get my money back and figure something else out

JB_AOL
03-01-2021, 04:09 AM
Why is that weird? The company is preselling their next year's anticipated stock, but the company also doesn't know how much they are getting (if any at all). So instead of a deposit, it's sounds like they put his name on a couple sets and gave him a gift certificate in case he changes his mind.

I know lots of people that have done the same (myself included), deposits on next year's toys, as this shortage isn't going to improve anytime soon.

Hell all rental companies have said they aren't selling any of this year's rentals til they have new stock in hand. Which is very weird considering they would more than likely get priority due to volume of sales.