PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton LRT

jstubbs
03-03-2021, 06:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZJTmmVgLAo&feature=emb_title

(skip to 5:45 or so to skip the guy's rambling intro)

Scary to see how bad the LRT in Edmonton has gotten down there with not many people using it due to most ridership now working or studying from home.

I rode the LRT for years up until about two years ago--and I took it from Coliseum or Stadium station to either U of A or downtown, and often did it late at night. Plenty of sketchy characters but never had a problem (however I'm about 6'4" and over 200 lbs). This guy sees more in what I assume is probably about an hour of footage than I saw for months at a time.

RandyBoBandy
03-03-2021, 07:23 PM
I'd love to know how to send this to City Hall??

fishtank
03-03-2021, 07:36 PM
Just wait for the gong show construction to start in the west leg :angry3:

Bearbreath
03-03-2021, 07:46 PM
Talked to a coworker this morning who watched a guy (10 ft. away) take out a needle and shoot up right on the train.

My buddy rides everyday to work and he has lots of stories of losers riding the train. No security and no one is paying the fare that's for sure.

Penner
03-03-2021, 07:59 PM
Don’t worry Iveson is on it.

People were appalled when the city police kicked a bunch of people out who were loitering in the LRT hallways earlier this winter. The cops were being way to cruel.

What we need is a protest, that should fix the problem. Either that or we should give these people a free place to live.

tri777
03-03-2021, 08:07 PM
That is to become one very expensive homeless shelter.

bezzola
03-03-2021, 09:25 PM
I ran a service truck for transed for almost a year for the south rail line.
I seen all sorts of crazy when i would go down town to fix gear. We even had people reach for materials and get jabbed with needles. A lady chased one of the workers with a hatchet.

CBintheNorth
03-03-2021, 11:06 PM

Exactly!

And did you notice those people shooting up and smoking crack weren't even wearing masks? Lowest of the low I tell ya.

urban rednek
03-04-2021, 07:41 AM
That's terrible! His narrative is a fine example of the thinking process of the average Edmonton voter. :angry3:
Must be one of Iveson's or Notley's inner circle.

ghostguy6
03-04-2021, 08:31 AM
I posted this in the comments of the video but might as well post here too.
The lady you showed yelling at Central station is frequent flyer in the downtown area. She is always yelling at anyone that gets near her. She also gets very violent if you attempt to talk to her. She also has been spotted waving a knife at the Bay Enterprise Square station. I would advise anyone to keep their distance from her.

I wish he would have visited Bay Enterprise Square, he could have gotten some nice video of people urinating on the people who sleep at the bottom of the stairs, the pile of needles in the rocks next to the stairs and the paramedics treating the overdose. All within 5 minutes of each other.

We should send this to the news outlets and them them show it, then something might be done.

HyperMOA
03-04-2021, 09:05 AM
That's terrible! His narrative is a fine example of the thinking process of the average Edmonton voter. :angry3:
Must be one of Iveson's or Notley's inner circle.

I think his narrative was that he is disgusted by it. I think the average voter is disgusted by that too. As am I. Does that make me part of notley’s inner circle? I am confused by your post.

CDNOutdoorsman
03-04-2021, 09:37 AM
And the city wonders why less people are riding the trains all the time...
Calgary is similar, its disgusting.

dwedmon
03-04-2021, 10:19 AM
The transit security deployed at stations is completely useless. The security people ignore everything, and even if they wanted to intervene most look too feeble to actually do anything.

does it ALL outdoors
03-04-2021, 01:21 PM
The transit security deployed at stations is completely useless. The security people ignore everything, and even if they wanted to intervene most look too feeble to actually do anything.

One of my friends works for street outreach, he can tell you stories for days about the useless security down there. Most of them are too afraid to get involved. Scared they are gonna get thumped or stomped, and for good reason.

And just for clarity, they were likely smoking Carfentanil or Meth, not rock. That's the overwhelming drug of choice of these upstanding members of society. :angry3:

What happened to users being embarrassed by using and finding a descrete place to shoot? In the open like that? Wow. No shame at all..

Wendigo
03-04-2021, 04:23 PM
Hmm maybe start pushing air instead of naloxone....where are the hot doses that Hastings used to get?

urban rednek
03-04-2021, 07:56 PM
I think his narrative was that he is disgusted by it. I think the average voter is disgusted by that too. As am I. Does that make me part of notley’s inner circle? I am confused by your post.
His narrative covers way more than his disgust of the current condition of the Edmonton LRT. Well meaning progressives excuse and enable criminal behaviour by shifting responsibility to everyone else.
We don't call it REdmonton for nothing.

FWIW Given the current reality, private security would be crazy to attempt to remove these people from a public space. It would not end well for them.
Just yesterday there was a story about EPS having trouble making an arrest due to violent bystanders at the convention centre, they had to call in security and additional EPS backup. Then they all retreated to a secure space until it was safe to move the suspect.
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/arrest-at-edmonton-convention-centre-turns-violent-1.5332667?cache=

Enjoy the decline.

Grizzly Adams
03-04-2021, 08:06 PM

Was there maybe 20 years ago, during one of those extreme cold periods., not much different.

Grizz