PDA

View Full Version : Calling lake campground

Coltye
03-04-2021, 08:21 AM
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything or any rumours that the campground at calling lake is going private? We have camped there for along time and now the rumour is its going private and will be on a first come no reservation basis kinda sucks.I looked on the reserve Alberta website and its not even on there.

timsesink
03-04-2021, 11:24 AM
Was on the the chopping block but has since been rescinded. All good, at least for this year.

SamSteele
03-05-2021, 06:24 AM
You are correct, it isn’t listed on the Reserve AB site. I’m not sure why.

curtz
03-05-2021, 07:24 AM
Yah the wife called the government, they said the site is updating. I think that's bs, there's something else going on.

Drewski Canuck
03-05-2021, 09:12 AM
What has been happening for the last 20 years anyway is that the Province wants the MD to take over the running of the Campground. Some years the Campground is closed until May 1 as the two sides rattle swords back and forth. There never is a private Operator willing to sign on for the Campground, and this merry go round continues.

There are not enough camping sites to be viable, and as long as there are no launch fees being charged, most of the users are day users anyway.

Drewski