PDA

View Full Version : 2 Kitkat's for a $1.25

Faststeel
03-07-2021, 01:04 PM
can it be true, candy bars for less than a dollar a piece, Amazingly yes
a convenience store on 107 ave. Chunky or regular.... lots f inventoryfor us sweet toothed boys and girls.....lol

Ken07AOVette
03-07-2021, 03:32 PM
That's funny.

I caught hell for having a eatmore this morning for breakfast. How it is a lot different than pb&j toast I am not sure, but it was damn tasty

Grizzly Adams
03-07-2021, 05:02 PM
.82 regularly, at Dollarama, 2 for 1.50. :lol:

Grizz

Red Bullets
03-07-2021, 05:02 PM
Check the expiry dates on the bars. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Dollar stores always have name brand chocolate bars for 88 cents. Even No Frills groceries has bars for a buck.

buckbrush
03-07-2021, 05:13 PM

I caught hell for having a eatmore this morning for breakfast. How it is a lot different than pb&j toast I am not sure, but it was damn tasty

Eatmore is my go to bar for in my hunting/hiking/fishing pack. More filling than a granola bar and more energy than a power bar, they don't get crushed in your pack. Power to weight ratio they are a great pack food.

Nothing wrong with having one for breakfast either Ken.

RandyBoBandy
03-07-2021, 05:31 PM
Eatmore is my go to bar for in my hunting/hiking/fishing pack. More filling than a granola bar and more energy than a power bar, they don't get crushed in your pack. Power to weight ratio they are a great pack food.

When I was hunting it was my choice as well. Now, I would suggest my daughter's energy bars..SHAMELESS PLUG..https://sevensummitssnacks.com/
High energy bars. :)

buckbrush
03-07-2021, 05:43 PM
When I was hunting it was my choice as well. Now, I would suggest my daughter's energy bars..SHAMELESS PLUG..https://sevensummitssnacks.com/
High energy bars. :)

Interesting! They look good and the calorie to weight ratio is actually higher than an eatmore (for their Everest endurance bar anyhow).

Might have to get a case of these to try out.

Grizzly Adams
03-07-2021, 05:44 PM

I always keep a couple in my pack, good emergency food, along with some no refrigeration pepperoni.

Grizz

Faststeel
03-07-2021, 08:13 PM
Check the expiry dates on the bars. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Dollar stores always have name brand chocolate bars for 88 cents. Even No Frills groceries has bars for a buck.

How is this a better deal, than 2 for a $1.25.....

thumper
03-07-2021, 08:34 PM

Now don't go asking such difficult questions Faststeel !

CBintheNorth
03-07-2021, 09:29 PM
That's funny.

Those are my weakness.
I could never say no to an eatmore.
I think I fell in love with them as a teenager because of this commercial.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J15eDRgo59E

Cement Bench
03-07-2021, 09:34 PM

you jerk it’s 930 and I want to go to town a half hour away and buy a eatme

E A T M O R E. folded over

Ken07AOVette
03-07-2021, 09:35 PM

Ha hahahaha

I have 3 on the kitchen table

Cement Bench
03-07-2021, 09:53 PM
never had a caramel eatmore

maybe we need to write to Hershey’s or who produces them now

mmmmmmmmm

caramel

Bigwoodsman
03-07-2021, 10:07 PM
Those are my weakness.
I could never say no to an eatmore.
I think I fell in love with them as a teenager because of this commercial.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J15eDRgo59E

I remember that commercial. Damn good chew!

BW

buckbrush
03-07-2021, 10:14 PM

Ken started it...

I also realized today that my stock has evaporated, so I feel the pain too.
I haven't gone into desperation mode as I haven't started going through the old hunting packs...yet.

Red Bullets
03-07-2021, 10:20 PM
Maybe not a better deal but still cheap.

Now don't go asking such difficult questions Faststeel !
Talking about cheap bars, not cheap shots. :fighting0074:

bobtodrick
03-07-2021, 10:21 PM

You do know by now there are people here who will argue that the sky is blue...just because 🤔

Greatwest
03-07-2021, 10:26 PM
I also enjoy an Eatmore once in a while. The only part I hate is when they are so fresh you gotta spend 5 minutes peeling the paper off when it sticks to the bar. When all you wanna do is Eatmore!!

RandyBoBandy
03-07-2021, 10:43 PM
I also enjoy an Eatmore once in a while. The only part I hate is when they are so fresh you gotta spend 5 minutes peeling the paper off when it sticks to the bar. When all you wanna do is Eatmore!!

:sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol: True dat :)

tri777
03-07-2021, 10:58 PM
This X100.
They should be slapped for that !!
I have skipped on the awesome eatmore simply because of it .
You have to stick them in the freezer for 10mins or the fight is on.

58thecat
03-08-2021, 12:16 AM

Rookie....ya keep it in your hunting jacket and age it for a year then take it out for a good chew....:)

Wunderbar.....was a gooder too:sHa_shakeshout:

204ruger
03-08-2021, 05:39 AM
Dollar store has 2 for $1.00 knock off snickers and Mars bars. They have a few others that are knock offs of other bars too can’t think of the names right now.

CBintheNorth
03-08-2021, 06:09 AM
Dollar store has 2 for $1.00 knock off snickers and Mars bars. They have a few others that are knock offs of other bars too can’t think of the names right now.

China Delight and Wuhan Chew?

Mavrick
03-08-2021, 06:53 AM
This is funny. Us men can be wrapped up hard in an important topic then someone says "Eatmore" and we are like a dog when someone yells squirrel. Now I got to have a bar for breakfast I can't get my mind off of it.

CNP
03-08-2021, 10:07 AM
Always at the check out counter (and only at the check out counter) in Walmart.......2 Eatmore bars for 1.50

Ken07AOVette
03-08-2021, 10:59 AM
Ken started it...

I also realized today that my stock has evaporated, so I feel the pain too.
I haven't gone into desperation mode as I haven't started going through the old hunting packs...yet.

Haha bastard! Throwing me under the electric bus! LOL!!!! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Ken07AOVette
03-08-2021, 11:01 AM
Rookie....ya keep it in your hunting jacket and age it for a year then take it out for a good chew....:)

Wunderbar.....was a gooder too:sHa_shakeshout:

Not very long ago I drove to Edmonton, was a sharp cold day and I had the heater on, got to the outskirts and remembered there was a wunderbar in my pocket.

You ever drink a wunderbar? They are great too!! lol

Faststeel
03-08-2021, 11:02 AM
You do know by now there are people here who will argue that the sky is blue...just because 🤔

hahahahahahahahahaha

Bigwoodsman
03-08-2021, 12:33 PM
Haha bastard! Throwing me under the electric bus! LOL!!!! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

If you're going to be thrown under a bus you want it to be an ETS electric bus, cause they don't move.

BW

Hawkeye
03-08-2021, 12:40 PM
When I saw this thread, I remembered when I was a kid and candy bars or a bag of chips were a dime and a bottle or pop was 15 cents.
I am sure there are folks on here much older than I am and remember prices much lower than that!

Sundancefisher
03-08-2021, 12:43 PM
I remember when the chocolate bar companies all decreased the size of their bars...then slowly started jacking up the prices. Totally turned me off chocolate bars.

I buy bulk macaroons if I have a chocolate craving.

I do miss my frozen Kit Kat’s however.

Ken07AOVette
03-08-2021, 01:04 PM
When I saw this thread, I remembered when I was a kid and candy bars or a bag of chips were a dime and a bottle or pop was 15 cents.
I am sure there are folks on here much older than I am and remember prices much lower than that!

You bet, and $1.25 per hour or less for wages too

Ken07AOVette
03-08-2021, 02:18 PM
Here's a deal. 12 eatmore bars for $9
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/eat-more-original-toffee-peanut-chew/6000055334326

Walmart.ca

EAT-MORE Original Toffee Peanut Chew
Hershey's
4 * 52g

(5)
3 for $9
$4.12

Price is measured as
$1.98/100g

Sold by

fishtank
03-08-2021, 02:19 PM
no expired dates, just best before date . you cant really tell the different in taste .:sHa_sarcasticlol:

58thecat
03-08-2021, 02:22 PM
no expired dates, just best before date . you cant really tell the different in taste .:sHa_sarcasticlol:

they get a little fuzzy and don't stick as much to the wrapping....age them in your hunting jacket for a season or two....just don't put them in the same pocket with the open doe urine bottle....dam tangy tasting and leaves a residual back of the tongue coating...:scared:

Cement Bench
03-08-2021, 02:38 PM
I am darn near full with thinking of the ads

and more than completely full of deer ****

yes dear yes dear

Whipper Billy
03-08-2021, 02:49 PM
Eatmore was added to the "15 Items The Red Cross Wants You To Stockpile Today" and the "11 Items FEMA Wants You To Keep In Your Home" after seeing Chuck Norris pull his tooth with one of the bars.
Sorry no pictures!
Note: Chuck doesn't care about the stuck paper.