PDA

View Full Version : Meet Lily

tullfan
03-08-2021, 12:53 PM
Welp,after a year of looking and 11 years after the passing of my first blue tick.
Meet Lily. 9 weeks old out of a breeder in Priddis. She’s my first female and so smart.
She’s just a family dog who’s only purpose is to be loved and find my fiance where ever she is. I still have a deposit for a male from Montana but covid and border restrictions couldn't make the last litter so am hoping for late summer with no border restrictions. They say with two I might be able to run cats? We’ll see.
Thanks for looking.
Tullfan

tirebob
03-08-2021, 12:58 PM
Awww nice pup! Congrats!

Dean2
03-08-2021, 01:02 PM
Cute pup. I love the hound breeds. You likely already know but any of the hound breeds are quite hard to obedience train. Start obedience training early and never let up on it. Keep sessions short, regular and frequent during the day. Most hounds have short attention spans, they also don't usually force train well at all.

Howard Hutchinson
03-08-2021, 01:07 PM
Yahoo!!! Good for you and your Family. Love, love puppies!!

dodger
03-08-2021, 01:10 PM
Well I am in love 🥰. Nice pup!!

Dodger.

58thecat
03-08-2021, 01:52 PM
what a little porky eh....dam find looking puppy ya got their..congrats!!!!

KGB
03-08-2021, 01:54 PM
Congrats! Great looking pup!
I want to wish you many years together, enjoy the company!

Scott N
03-08-2021, 02:04 PM
Hi Lily! Who's a good girl?

roper1
03-08-2021, 07:58 PM
Congrats! Great looking pup!
I want to wish you many years together, enjoy the company!

Yessir, x2!

tomL
03-08-2021, 08:00 PM
Sweet.

Tom

Tungsten,
03-09-2021, 06:35 AM
Friend had one. Dam loud when they howl! What a nose though. You could throw a ball deep into a coulee and she found it every time.

tullfan
03-09-2021, 07:11 AM
Cute pup. I love the hound breeds. You likely already know but any of the hound breeds are quite hard to obedience train. Start obedience training early and never let up on it. Keep sessions short, regular and frequent during the day. Most hounds have short attention spans, they also don't usually force train well at all.

Thank you all. We got her home Sunday and she was a bit out of sorts. She had a little bit of house training before we got her so that helped. She had never been on a leash prior to Sunday. Fortunately she figured it out pretty quick. A new corrections and she's getting it. Stairs were new to her (just 3 to come into the house)
We have her figured out as far a peeing and pooping, she's getting that with only 2 accidents in the house(our fault) lol. Today Tuesday, no issues, and she sleeps most of the night in her kennel. She woke up twice for about a minute or so, so no big deal.
I forgot how exhausting a puppy was and how much work it is to get that good dog everyone wants. She'll get there. She doesn't know anything yet and she's figuring it out. 9 weeks is still 9 weeks, lol. It's so nice to watch her figure out her nose, and the cats, and what toys are hers and what piece of the log house she can't chew on, lol.
She's also cuddly and friendly and that makes a big difference in her socialization. Diligent, consistent training will be good for her. She'll never be a guard dog but that's not her purpose. I'm sure her voice will detract any potential threat to the house until they meet her, lol. She is starting to find her voice and it's quite lovely. She also snores, probably cause she's fat. Lol.
Thanks for the replies. I just felt like this was something sorta private in our life that I could share and have something positive and happy for a change.
Tullfan

Ackleyman
03-09-2021, 08:11 AM
Great looking pup !

HuyFishin
03-09-2021, 09:56 AM
Lily looks soo cute!

Meet my best friend Elvis Presley!
Elvis wakes up late and you have to force him out of bed. He is lazy and when he does get up he drags his blanked around the house. He barks alot and he loves chasing birds. When he smells rabbit poo he doesn't look where he is walking. Nose just sniffs and snorts while rushing around with his eyes looking at the floor.

He gets a little vocal but thats ok!

starvin
03-09-2021, 10:17 AM
We’ve had red bone females as a family pet. Never seen dogs with such a personality. Really smart dogs that took next to no training, maybe were lucky.
Males out of the same litter seem dumb, but maybe that’s not a dog thing.

KUDUHNTR
03-09-2021, 09:03 PM
Welp,after a year of looking and 11 years after the passing of my first blue tick.
Meet Lily. 9 weeks old out of a breeder in Priddis. She’s my first female and so smart.
She’s just a family dog who’s only purpose is to be loved and find my fiance where ever she is. I still have a deposit for a male from Montana but covid and border restrictions couldn't make the last litter so am hoping for late summer with no border restrictions. They say with two I might be able to run cats? We’ll see.
Thanks for looking.
Tullfan

Congrats,
Cute puppy, I think I will start l@@king for a pooch in the spring!
Enjoy the time with your, new best friend !!

32-40win
03-10-2021, 12:49 AM
Pups are fun, take a bit of getting used to again, one of those nice changes in lifestyle.