PDA

View Full Version : Inverter Questions

Sitting Bull
03-08-2021, 04:24 PM
Hey guys, I am looking at buying a pure sine inverter to convert 12v battery power into 110v in order to use my cpap and other things when camping and hunting.
Could you recommend a good inverter as well as where to buy one.As well what type of battery would be best used for this.
I would like any suggestions or better ideas to accomplish this.
I can by a cpap battery but they range from $400-700. I am sure I can do this much cheaper.
Thanks

Albertadiver
03-08-2021, 04:30 PM
You'll want a decent quality inverter or they can fry electronics.

https://dcpowercorp.com/product/ic122055-kisae-pure-sine-2000w-inverter-55a-chargertrs-ul-csa/

I don't think you'd need a pure sine per se, but this is the model I have in my trailer. I have 2 6volt trojans for batteries and a rooftop solar and a portable panel giving me 300 watts charging.

The battery to your Cpap will be much less expensive than the route that I went, but it is nice to watch TV totally off grid some evenings. I have my whole RV set up on a transfer switch so all the outlets provide power.

I see you're in Edmonton, but if you ever get down to Red Deer, The Battery Doctors would size you with the appropriate inverter and battery. 403-340-8777

bat119
03-08-2021, 04:36 PM
I ran my S9 with a Canadian tire 75 watt cigarette lighter invertor I was lucky I didn't screw anything up.

A small sine 300 watt would work, they don't much power Resmed makes them 19 volts so they can sell you a $130 adaptor.

A group 27 marine battery powered my mask for 3 nights before charging

The humidifier uses much more power I didn't use mine