PDA

View Full Version : Nortent gamme

K2 Ranch
03-08-2021, 05:42 PM
Anyone done any later fall hunting in the gamme 4 or 6 looking at it for some mountain hunting. Very lightweight. Just wondering is it’s worth the money and how durable it is.

nimrod
03-08-2021, 06:22 PM
The 4 tent is almost 14 pound, and the 6 tent is almost 17 pounds, not the nest tent for sheep hunting, if its in your back pack, just saying

look at lite outdoors site, there 4 man tent no stove, is around 4 pounds, or look at tigoat or seek outside

K2 Ranch
03-08-2021, 09:02 PM
I am using horses just wanted to lighten the load take one less pack horse and travel faster.

alder
03-09-2021, 06:36 PM
I know what you’re talking about. I cut down and sold a pack horse last fall. Not regretting it.

I have a canvas 8x10 wall tent at 35 lbs
I have a canvas 10x10 pyramid tents at 27 lbs.

The pyramid tent goes up way fast. I don’t need to string it between trees or bring multiple poles or string it out sideways tied to trees. One lightweight center pole is all it takes. Still at 27 lbs it uses up a lot of weight. But outside of the rainy season with a lightweight stove, it’s hard to beat.

To go lighter I’m looking at a 10x10 silnylon pyramid from Bearpaw. With the pole you’re talking maybe 4 pounds. Doesn’t breathe like canvas, but for early season when it rains a lot, im thinking it might be ideal.