PDA

View Full Version : Site Acting up

elkhunter11
03-09-2021, 02:09 PM
If you post a new thread, and it doesn't appear, even after refreshing, and signing out and back in again, wait at least 10 minutes, or you might end up with multiple posts.

Trochu
03-09-2021, 02:26 PM
Maybe it's my internet, but the site seems slow compared to other sites I visit. Even this post, based on past experience, may take 2 or 3 minutes to load.

huntwat
03-09-2021, 02:30 PM
Maybe it's my internet, but the site seems slow compared to other sites I visit. Even this post, based on past experience, may take 2 or 3 minutes to load.

This is true

Scott N
03-09-2021, 02:31 PM
I've noticed some pretty major slowdowns too.

Dean2
03-09-2021, 02:36 PM
It isn't your internet, it is this site. It is REALLY old tech and it has a lot of issues with slow, double posts, not refreshing, going off line etc. I have a post from about an hour ago that wasn't showing up so I sent a PM to the fellow. Now all of a sudden, the posts is there. Just something a guy has to put up with on here. Slightly inconvenient but far from something I worry about at all.

ghostguy6
03-09-2021, 02:46 PM
I think its the horribly outdated forum software. Currently the forum is using version 3.8.5 and the latest version is 5.6.4. It seems strange that the Admin doesnt want to upgrade. The software license is only $209.00US for the upgrade. Thats less than the cost of one Sponsor membership.

MyAlberta
03-09-2021, 02:56 PM
I think its the horribly outdated forum software. Currently the forum is using version 3.8.5 and the latest version is 5.6.4. It seems strange that the Admin doesnt want to upgrade. The software license is only $209.00US for the upgrade. Thats less than the cost of one Sponsor membership.

That doesn’t sound too good. I’m thinking server maintenance having buffer issues.

ghostguy6
03-09-2021, 03:01 PM
All the VB forums I use are acting slow. The older the software the slower the forum. Most of them are in the process of upgrading. It seems to be a recurring issue on this site every few years.

urban rednek
03-09-2021, 03:08 PM
It's fine.

Phezman
07-31-2021, 05:06 PM
Hello,

I'm new here, signed up 3-days ago.
Having trouble with the site, can't start a new thread, PM's don't show up as being sent in my Out Box, etc.
Would like to contact Admin but can't see how to even do that.
Could/would someone tell me how to contact Admin?
Thanks

Dean2
08-01-2021, 06:42 AM
Read the rules in the general section. You have limited access until you hit x posts that varies re new thread, vs classified adds etc. As far as keeping PMs check your settings, they should show in the sent box not the out box. Also, on the main forum page, the one that lists all the sub forums, it lists all of the Mods on the right side, just click on a name and pm them, however the issues you are having are likely user error, not site issues.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=130086

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=202645

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=10691

urban rednek
08-01-2021, 08:13 AM
Having trouble with the site, can't start a new thread, PM's don't show up as being sent in my Out Box, etc.

As Dean indicated, there is a probationary period for new members prior to being allowed to post new threads in the Buy/Sell forums (30 days + 20 forum posts). Not sure about the other forums?
PM's- you have to check the "save message to the sent file" box at the bottom of every PM before sending. Otherwise you have no record of the PM.

Dean2
08-01-2021, 08:49 AM
As Dean indicated, there is a probationary period for new members prior to being allowed to post new threads in the Buy/Sell forums (30 days + 20 forum posts). Not sure about the other forums?
PM's- you have to check the "save message to the sent file" box at the bottom of every PM before sending. Otherwise you have no record of the PM.

In your user profile you can set it to save all sent pms so you don't have to do it for every pm. Same as being notified on subscribed posts. Go to "user CP" top left corner under Alberta Outdoorsmen. Take a look through each section, there are a whole bunch of user selectable options.