PDA

View Full Version : Ordering a new Non Restricted Rifle from Quebec

Cross Eyed Cowboy
03-10-2021, 08:02 AM
I want to order a new non restricted rifle from one of firearm dealers in Montreal.

Want can I expect in regards to approval for transfer from the Quebec CFO.

Does the Quebec LGR apply to firearms sold to a licensed indidual outstide the province of Quebec?

Cement Bench
03-10-2021, 08:18 AM
what did the dealer say, you could have contacted them to ask as they would know best

midgetwaiter
03-10-2021, 08:24 AM
I ordered a rifle from Dante’s last year and it went like any other transaction, I didn’t have to do anything with their CFO. I’m not sure what the state of the Quebec registry is currently so I can’t answer that for you or if the vendor submitted anything.

urban rednek
03-10-2021, 08:42 AM
If a firearm is located at a Quebec retailer, it is documented in their registry. The destination is irrelevant, the registry will be updated with all pertinent information when the firearm is sold.
On a side note, Quebec has the entire original long gun registry in their possession. So you might as well help them keep it updated. :rolleye2:

zabbo
03-10-2021, 08:49 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but why not get the rifle from a dealer in Alberta? Even a special order could probably be handled by someone here. Prophet River comes to mind. There are other dealers. :)

7magtime
03-10-2021, 09:15 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but why not get the rifle from a dealer in Alberta? Even a special order could probably be handled by someone here. Prophet River comes to mind. There are other dealers. :)

x2! Prophet River, Bashaw, P&D are a few local companies.
IMO, the last place I'd be spending my money is in that province, especially if there might be headaches or extra costs getting it back to Alberta.

zabbo
03-10-2021, 09:41 AM
x2! Prophet River, Bashaw, P&D are a few local companies.
IMO, the last place I'd be spending my money is in that province, especially if there might be headaches or extra costs getting it back to Alberta.

Pretty much what I'm thinking. Not to mention the fact qeeeeebc still has a registry! :fighting0074:

Cross Eyed Cowboy
03-10-2021, 11:20 AM

In this particular case they are the only dealer that have the specific model I want and in stock, at least at the time writing.

Any of the the major western based dealers have no stock and no idea if and when they will receive any of that particular model.

I always support Western bases dealers first, but in this case if they can't deliver I go elsewhere.

zabbo
03-10-2021, 11:29 AM
In this particular case they are the only dealer that have the specific model I want and in stock, at least at the time writing.

Any of the the major western based dealers have no stock and no idea if and when they will receive any of that particular model.

I always support Western bases dealers first, but in this case if they can't deliver I go elsewhere.

Sounds fair. As I said in the beginning, pardon my ignorance. Figured maybe something like this, just thought I'd toss out the idea. Good luck! :)

Drewski Canuck
03-10-2021, 10:15 PM
What is the urgency that you cannot wait until the make, model, and calibre is available from a Western Distributor?

Perhaps you should be telling the Quebec Distributor that you do not support Businesses in a Province that has such a deep hatred for the West?

Perhaps you should be telling the Quebec Distributor that his Government's decisions and opposition to Alberta is going to cost him alot more than just your one purchase?

Perhaps you should be telling the Quebec Distributor that you will not allow his Province to take one more dime from the West (lets face it, you are going to be paying PST on this purchase!).

For a Province which benefited so much directly and indirectly from the West, this Quebec based Distributor should be told that there is a consequence to his Province's actions. Maybe this direct pain will motivate the Business to remind his Province's Government of the damage they have done to Alberta, and the ongoing damage their policies will have on their future.

Drewski

Positrac
03-11-2021, 06:52 AM
I’ve bought firearms from out of Province for the exact reason the OP is looking to do so. Sometimes it’s hard to wait for something to come in locally, especially when dealers are telling you they have no idea when a particular model will show up.

But, I’ve never needed something bad enough that I would buy it from Quebec.

Homesteader
03-11-2021, 06:58 AM

What rifle are you looking at, maybe someone on here can hook you up with another seller? I understand though.

HyperMOA
03-11-2021, 07:33 AM
I’ve bought firearms from out of Province for the exact reason the OP is looking to do so. Sometimes it’s hard to wait for something to come in locally, especially when dealers are telling you they have no idea when a particular model will show up.

But, I’ve never needed something bad enough that I would buy it from Quebec.

My thoughts too. The only caveat I have is the OP is worried it will be on the next list of prohibs so it’s now or never for him.

sns2
03-11-2021, 07:44 AM
I wouldn't buy a single, solitary Mojo from someone in Quebec.

Cement Bench
03-11-2021, 09:14 AM
jahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

thanks I just did the same thing for a high end 10 metre air rifle

they were not happy but understood, said I will buy one here for 400 more from bc rather than support a province who will bankrupt us

wish I had this wording as it is much better than I had

hard to be cogent when all you see is red

What is the urgency that you cannot wait until the make, model, and calibre is available from a Western Distributor?

Perhaps you should be telling the Quebec Distributor that you do not support Businesses in a Province that has such a deep hatred for the West?

Perhaps you should be telling the Quebec Distributor that his Government's decisions and opposition to Alberta is going to cost him alot more than just your one purchase?

Perhaps you should be telling the Quebec Distributor that you will not allow his Province to take one more dime from the West (lets face it, you are going to be paying PST on this purchase!).

For a Province which benefited so much directly and indirectly from the West, this Quebec based Distributor should be told that there is a consequence to his Province's actions. Maybe this direct pain will motivate the Business to remind his Province's Government of the damage they have done to Alberta, and the ongoing damage their policies will have on their future.

Drewski

Cross Eyed Cowboy
03-11-2021, 11:45 AM

Drewski

Thanks for sharing!

JDK71
03-11-2021, 11:56 AM

me as well

HyperMOA
03-11-2021, 09:43 PM

Man it’s gotta be 30 years since I had a mojo.

trooper
03-12-2021, 07:54 AM

I had the misfortune of being posted to valcartier for 2 1/2 years. The worst 2 1/2 years of my career. I truly hate that province. They wont be getting any of my coin.

Ackleyman
03-12-2021, 08:05 AM
Probably like most of us , if i get a rifle or handgun in my wheel house that is just so cool that I have to have it...........I get it.
But ...Quebec , not a chance. Besides my real thoughts that would get me banned , they are not getting any [more?] of my personal information.
East of the Manitoba/ON border does not exist in my world.

elkhunter11
03-12-2021, 08:14 AM
Once a firearm is in the Quebec registry, does it actually just disappear with no trace once it leaves Quebec? Whether it does or not, I avoid buying anything from Quebec.

Burrowing Owl
03-14-2021, 09:28 PM
Can you PM me with exactly what you are looking for? Have a lot of new and used Estate firearms to dispose of.

fishnguy
03-14-2021, 10:40 PM
Don’t have the horse in the race, but I am thinking how is the guy running the business in Quebec has anything to do with what many are saying? The guy is running a gun shop, so he is likely not happy with the registry, just like most here wouldn’t be. What any particular business has anything to do with what is happening in the province? Just not sure how the thinking goes there. Sure, the guy will pay his tax to the province on the profit he makes off that rifle, but there is no way around it (not legally, anyway). What is the guy supposed to do? Close the shop in protest? Like really, what is he to do? Start doing something else for living because the province he lives in has idiotic laws, etc? I don’t get it. If you know the guy personally and what he supports and doesn’t, then it is a different story, but just because the gun shop is in Quebec...

Drewski Canuck
03-15-2021, 07:51 AM
Well gee Fishinguy!

Quebec attacks Alberta Businesses, yet gladly takes Transfer Payments and applies QUEBEC Provincial Income Tax on the wages earned by its Citizens in Alberta.

Are you with me so far?

Now Quebec' Darling Company Bombardier takes huge loans from the CANADA PENSION PLAN which all Albertan wage earners pay into.

Are you with me so far?

Then Quebec stops the Energy East pipeline. Yes this was a devastating slap in the face to Alberta. Even though they now see Energy East is critical with Michigan shutting down Line 5 that feeds oil to the East.

Are you with me so far?

Of Course Quebec's companies sell lots of equipment to Alberta, despite its hostile policies to Alberta. Prevost Buses come to mind.

Then Quebec's Government continually is openly hostile to Alberta's energy industry.

I bet I lost you already, right?

So given the opportunity, every Quebec citizen has to be told how their Government's policies are harming Alberta, and we will not tolerate it.

When it is a direct cost to the Citizen of Quebec and a business in Quebec, maybe they will finally realise that their Government's attitude has to change.

Sure it is mean to single out some gun shop owner, but he has a choice. He can quietly sit back and let his Government continue their attacks and hostility, or he can take a stand and work to change his Government's attitude.

Drewski

fishnguy
03-15-2021, 10:51 AM
I understand all that, Drewski, and do agree. However, in my view, the guy running a gun shop in Quebec in all likelihood has the same interests in heart as most people here. I mean we are not talking about buying bath salts and “organic” soap from a hippi in Quebec.

Anyway, personally, I would not have a problem buying a firearm or hunting related stuff from a company located in Quebec. I just don’t see how a gun shop owner in Quebec and me can have such polorized opinions on what is happening in this country. For bath salts, on the other hand, I would stick to the local market, if I ever feel the need to buy any.

Drewski Canuck
03-15-2021, 04:02 PM
Until the gun shop Owner in Quebec knows the reason for no sale, we will not know what his position is on the subject.

He may not care what his Government has done to Alberta. He may care alot. He may have actually done something about it and sent letters to his Government.

Francophones who come to Alberta and settle down here, never go back. I welcome those people to come and join us and work towards prosperity. Alberta has a number of great communities with francophone representation, Legal and St. Paul to name two.

This is not about Bilingualism. It is about an open attempt to sabotage Alberta's prosperity, regardless of the ultimate price paid by Quebec and Canada.

That is why I am so glad to see what happens when Michigan closes Line 5 and the Ontario Refineries suffer a supply shortage.

That is why I so strongly support the turn off the taps legislation for BC. For all the Eco Warrior talk, the oil industry is critical to Canada, and it is about time Quebec, BC, and Canada support it.

Drewski