PDA

View Full Version : Another use of cameras

antlercarver
03-10-2021, 09:01 AM
People who have shortsightedness can not see detail well across the lake at our place. If we take a digital picture with our long range lens, then they can see the even small birds across the lake. We use the camera this way in the mountains and on the prairie, where we are trying to see across long distances.

WayneChristie
03-10-2021, 10:04 AM
I use my phone camera a lot, most labels are so damn small i cant read them, especially on meds and such. I take a pic with my phone and I can zoom right in and read everything .

Tungsten,
03-10-2021, 11:15 AM
I use my phone camera a lot, most labels are so damn small i cant read them, especially on meds and such. I take a pic with my phone and I can zoom right in and read everything .

Me 2. On almost everything. Amazing how good of a pic a phone can take

stubblejumper01
03-10-2021, 12:37 PM

Same here. I usually carry some small folding reading glasses but I use the camera a lot too

vinny
03-10-2021, 04:58 PM

Not sure what phone you have, but did you know there’s a magnifier on iPhones? I just found this out.

waldedw
03-10-2021, 05:03 PM
I have taken more than a few long range pics through my old Bushnell spotting scope, amazing how they come out, plus you can blow them up to see detail, got some of my last antelope taken at over 1000 yards

creeky
03-11-2021, 08:11 AM

That is a great tip Wayne-every few tanks I throw in a can of sea foam and theres a type for the crankcase and one for the gas tank and it doesn't help they both look the same.

Seafoams lettering is tinier than ant doo and I end up stumbling through CT for a magnifying glass because my older motors lifters are sticking and I'm not that organized.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stinky Buffalo
03-11-2021, 10:58 AM
Just turned it on on mine, and added it to the home screen. Awesome! Thanks for the tips, all!

I'm not getting older, it's just that they make the labels so stinkin' small nowadays... That's my story and I'm s-s-s-stickin' to it! :D

Beeman
03-11-2021, 11:18 AM
Use mine all the time in the shop. Most of my photos are so I can figure out how to put things together again but is also super handy to see around corners or the back side of something. And faded tiny part numbers, take a picture and zoom in at napa, worth way more than a thousand words.

thumper
03-11-2021, 02:05 PM
Because our elite class think that french is required on everything, and the french takes even more space than the english - we have teeny-tiny print on everything , including prescription medicine instructions. And of course lawyers have to squeeze their disclaimers on the labels as well. I wonder how many people have been harmed because the print is too small to read on medicine bottles?

stubblejumper01
03-11-2021, 06:55 PM
Not sure what phone you have, but did you know there’s a magnifier on iPhones? I just found this out.

Thanks for the tip. I just did the latest update yesterday and it showed up along with a translator app. Definitely will get some use out of the magnifier

huntsfurfish
03-11-2021, 09:23 PM
Army Knife for Android Ap.

Flashlight
Unit converter
Timer
Stopwatch
Compass
Bubble level
Calculator
Magnifying Glass
Mirror