PDA

View Full Version : It’s time for snow mould.

Sundancefisher
03-11-2021, 08:40 AM
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/what-is-snow-mould-1.5944512

I had it bad in place last year. I’m going to try and air out some of the packed areas to see if that helps.

I hate it when grass dies.

sewerrat
03-11-2021, 08:57 AM
Never had allergies but for the last few years, at this time I always get snot nose, caugh, and sneeze a lot. these allergy pills help a lot.

CBintheNorth
03-11-2021, 09:04 AM
I hate this time of year for that.
Just wait to see how many people are missing work in the next month due to "Covid-like symptoms".

Big Grey Wolf
03-11-2021, 09:56 AM
A good way to limit snow mold is shovel higher piles/ spread over larger area so snow melts even and faster, less time for mold growth.

Sundancefisher
03-11-2021, 10:01 AM
A good way to limit snow mold is shovel higher piles/ spread over larger area so snow melts even and faster, less time for mold growth.

I didn’t know it was localized over spots that are packed down. I going to try and open spots up to air it out. See if that helps.

owlhoot
03-11-2021, 12:23 PM
I had some in the lawn last year, didn't know what it was until now

shootermcgavin
03-11-2021, 08:21 PM
The last few years I’ve been shoveling the big drifts down to help melt faster, noticed the old German guy on the block had a significantly nicer lawn than everyone else and saw him doing that. Now i have the second best lawn in the street! And it helps with the snow mould.

fishinhogdaddy
03-12-2021, 08:50 AM
Try researching "Jerry Bakers Tips And Tonics" gardening book.
We've had excellent results with the "green up tonic".
His mixtures contain Dawn dish soap, a can of beer, fish emulation etc.
Works great for snow mold and is mostly non-toxic ingredients!
There's a great rose tonic in the book as well for those that grow roses like me.

Cheers.....FHD