PDA

View Full Version : Fish sonar/gps?

djpanda
03-11-2021, 09:44 PM
Well, a little while ago I asked on advice about lodges. I’m heading to cranberry lakes. I want to head there with some good sonar/gps lake mapping. I see Cabela’s has the helix 7 on sale. Was going to pick it up. You fellas haves better or any other recommendations. Of course I’d love pan optics. Lol. But my budget is tops at $1000. Would love to be a bit cheaper. I’m just looking for live view to find Lakers in the water column.

-JR-
03-13-2021, 07:55 AM
The Fishing Hole has a Lowrance 7 ti on sale for $769.
I have one in my boat ,just love it ,as it is a touch screen also .

58thecat
03-13-2021, 07:59 AM
Got the helix 7....nice piece of kit and now they are on sale too...you won't regret it.

Turns into a dandy ice fishing fish finder too.....map the lake during summer and hit the spots during winter!

SamSteele
03-14-2021, 10:08 AM
That Helix 7 SI on sale at Cabelas is a G2N, which is a couple generations old. Just make sure you are aware of that if you go that way. The new G4N will have a faster process speed and Mega SI. That may not matter to you but figured I would mention it.

Willowtrail
03-14-2021, 06:45 PM
You could go with a Lowrance Elite FS 7 with HDI transducer for under $1000.

You get c map maps preloaded and can do Live mapping overlay with any micro SD card 32gb and under. No extra cost for a mapping card.

Also, in the future you could always upgrade to ActiveTarget Live sonar with the purchase of the Module and transducer.

I've bean running this unit this winter in the 9" and it has been an awesome new unit, just released in December and I've had no issues whatsoever with it.