PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone for senior

UNDER100yds
03-12-2021, 06:56 PM
Hi only have a flip phone looking for something better but very easy to use ,not much good with those gadget. Was looking at Motorola g power? Thanks

ak77
03-12-2021, 07:09 PM
Any smartphone can be as easy or as complicated as you make it to be, or as you think it is.
I deleted every app shortcut from the phone desktop except for dialer, phonebook, and one more messenger. Showed where the home button was. That's it. Phone can have a gazillion apps, quad camera, and can call NASA, Vladimir Putin, and Satan directly, emit ultrasound to scare off aliens, or have hidden .22, but if you don't tell them, they will not know, and will not stress.

One thing to make it easier, if there's the choice - get wireless charging.

artie
03-12-2021, 07:55 PM
I am a senior and on my second I phone. It is surprising how fast you learn to use a lot of the technology on the phone
I currently have an I phone 7 and really like it except for it uses lots of battery power
what ever you buy get a protective case for it at the same time. I use a otter box.

Homesteader
03-13-2021, 07:01 AM
I am a senior and on my second I phone. It is surprising how fast you learn to use a lot of the technology on the phone
I currently have an I phone 7 and really like it except for it uses lots of battery power
what ever you buy get a protective case for it at the same time. I use a otter box.

I phones are the only smart phone I've used and if I can, anyone can. I'll also say that my iphone 7 was terrible for battery life. Apple will also force you to update or pull your hair out. Really like my 11 though, way better battery life. I bet you know someone who has an older one laying in a drawer somewhere. Buy a sim card and Bob's your uncle. You could even just let them muck around on wifi for a bit first and let them see what they think. Cheap and easy test drive to see what the user thinks. I've given all mine away, or I'd say come get one.

HalfBreed
03-13-2021, 07:19 AM
I have a G Power. It may feel a bit on the big side switching from a flip, but super easy on the eyes. Otterbox and glass screen protector and it's a pretty solid unit. It doesn't have a load of bloat imaged so not much to remove. If possible, grab the 2020 version, the '21 version received a noticeable downgrade. For under $300, it's hard to find a 1080, 64G, 4GRAM phone.

thumper
03-13-2021, 08:42 AM
it's hard to find a 1080, 64G, 4GRAM phone."
- and there's the problem - have no idea what this means !

cranky
03-13-2021, 09:19 AM
I use a cell for what it was Invented for originally. Not much else though I learned to text some.
Recently I got rid of my flip phone as I cant hear the ring well anymore and the speakers are poor on flip models. Went to a few cell repair shops and ended up with a old I Phone 5S for cheap from one of them. They threw in a old case and a screen protector and hey I can hear it ring and can actually hear callers on it. So big improvement. Why buy fancy new for just using as a phone only. Ignore the rest of the gadgets.
Oh and get a car charger cause if like me I get out somewhere fishing and battery runs out well i've had a experience with batts running out when I had my heart attack in the middle of nowhere before. Scarey stuff.

hilt134
03-13-2021, 09:24 AM
I’d get an older iPhone myself. User friendliness is pretty high with them. They should be running pretty cheap for a 6 or 7 these days

CNP
03-13-2021, 09:47 AM
Lets not call them cell phones for seniors lol. Reminds me of the tip calculator show on Seinfeld.

You don't want a smart phone it sounds like, although as a senior myself, I want a smart phone and all it offers. I want to be able to use the interweb and the multitude of apps available.

You want a mobile phone with call and text only it sounds like........a burner phone.

Here you go: https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=Talk+and+Text+Only+Cell+Phone&ref=nb_sb_noss

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=burner+Phone&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Big Grey Wolf
03-13-2021, 09:53 AM
I am Senior, bought Flip phone for $40 few years back, $30 a month works just great, dial number, send and talk!