PDA

View Full Version : Don’t forget day light savings this weekend.

sewerrat
03-13-2021, 08:15 AM
That time of year again, it’s daylight savings time, don’t forget to set your clock 1 hour ahead.

This whole DST doesn’t bother me all the clocks, computers, and what ever else Chang by them selfs.
But I’m sure people will still complain, that it screws up their schedule, routine, basically their life.
But these same people don’t complain when they fly to a different time zone to lay on the beach for week.
Just saying.

Map Maker
03-13-2021, 08:26 AM
I always thought it was funny.
In spring, there is always someone that is late to work because they forgot to set their clock ahead.
Yet, I’ve never seen anyone come to work early in the fall because they forgot to set their clock back. Lol

HyperMOA
03-13-2021, 09:06 AM
In spring, there is always someone that is late to work because they forgot to set their clock ahead.
Yet, I’ve never seen anyone come to work early in the fall because they forgot to set their clock back. Lol

I did once. I did find that the bars would stay open later on the fall back so you always knew because you got an extra hour before last call. That was in my younger-wilder-shut-the-bar-down-every-night days though.

PS. I hate DST. Dumbest concept ever.

wildwoods
03-13-2021, 09:15 AM

Funny how that works :lol:

Pixel Shooter
03-13-2021, 09:41 AM
lmao isnt that the truth.

man i hate DST. older i get the more i appreciate the sleep.
setting up spring snow goose spreads at 2:30-3 am is nutz! let alone getting up earlier in fall aftern you claim every inch getting to sleep a little longer til wham have to get up an hour earlier each am because hour went back. BS i say lol

I did once. I did find that the bars would stay open later on the fall back so you always knew because you got an extra hour before last call. That was in my younger-wilder-shut-the-bar-down-every-night days though.

PS. I hate DST. Dumbest concept ever.

MountainTi
03-13-2021, 09:49 AM
Now the time will be right in a couple of my trucks and ATV's once again. No more math in my head trying to figure out what time it really is. Life just got easier

Ken07AOVette
03-13-2021, 09:53 AM
truth right here

https://i.postimg.cc/gctnLKp4/blanket.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

tool
03-13-2021, 10:46 AM
Have they decided? Is this the last time they are changing the clocks in AB?

tirebob
03-13-2021, 10:49 AM
I have never been bothered by DST and I love lighter evenings later so it's a win for me!

tool
03-13-2021, 11:01 AM
Yes but ignore they left it at DST and didn’t change it you’d have your lighter evenings forever. That’s how they do it in SK and I believe Ontario is changing to that as well.

MountainTi
03-13-2021, 11:19 AM
I have never been bothered by DST and I love lighter evenings later so it's a win for me!

I would far prefer more daylight in the evenings as well. Particularly in the winter. Makes chores easier after work

Pixel Shooter
03-13-2021, 11:20 AM
far as i can tell no Alberta is not changing. they pollede albertans but stil sez in review https://www.alberta.ca/daylight-saving-time-engagement.aspx

Ontario has put legislature forward and should be its last year.

Personally would like it to go away

Have they decided? Is this the last time they are changing the clocks in AB?

Selkirk
03-13-2021, 02:52 PM
Now the time will be right in a couple of my trucks and ATV's once again. No more math in my head trying to figure out what time it really is. Life just got easier

Yup ... it's the 'High-Level Math' that trips most people up.

Go Figure:
Spring = + 1
Autumn = - 1

LOL :lol:

Selkirk

walking buffalo
03-13-2021, 04:26 PM

Yup ... it's the 'High-Level Math' that trips most people up.

Go Figure:
Spring = + 1
Autumn = - 1

LOL :lol:

Selkirk

:thinking-006:
Think you got the math wrong there Selkirk.

My only issue with the time change is feeding the dogs....

RandyBoBandy
03-13-2021, 05:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/IHge7JP.jpg

harv3589
03-13-2021, 05:32 PM
would be nice if this is the last time we change our clocks...ridiculous that we do change them.

Cement Bench
03-13-2021, 05:38 PM
love daylight savings time

wish we could have

DOUBLE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

tool
03-13-2021, 08:43 PM
:thinking-006:
Think you got the math wrong there Selkirk.

My only issue with the time change is feeding the dogs....

Lol. Prime example of why the change should be abolished.

How is the math wrong? Remember the phrase “spring forward and fall back”?

Howard Hutchinson
03-13-2021, 08:51 PM
Never bothered me. Tis only an hour.

bat119
03-13-2021, 08:59 PM
When you're retired time has no meaning, get up in the light, sleep in the dark every day is a holiday.

On a positive note the clock in my truck is on the right time again

sailor
03-13-2021, 09:01 PM
That time of year again, it’s daylight savings time, don’t forget to set your clock 1 hour ahead.

This whole DST doesn’t bother me all the clocks, computers, and what ever else Chang by them selfs.
But I’m sure people will still complain, that it screws up their schedule, routine, basically their life.
But these same people don’t complain when they fly to a different time zone to lay on the beach for week.
Just saying.

Bull****!!! Everybody- kids, dogs and their parents are strangling from this change- ask your child teacher how changed his abilities and how long it took to get back on trucks !!!

Dynamic
03-13-2021, 09:09 PM
As someone who is working this weekend and has to roll into work an hour an hour early I’m just going to say it. Spring time change is the worst. I’m a routine creature of habit guy and it annoys me.

sailor
03-13-2021, 09:13 PM
As someone who is working this weekend and has to roll into work an hour an hour early I’m just going to say it. Spring time change is the worst. I’m a routine creature of habit guy and it annoys me.

Personally I think it was joke- a plot of early birds scientists against owls- but people in power which are the worst of us had no brains at all at that time

bobtodrick
03-13-2021, 09:20 PM
Another 1st world problem

huntinstuff
03-13-2021, 09:33 PM
would be nice if this is the last time we change our clocks...ridiculous that we do change them.

Agreed

Idiotic concept.

You want more daylight, wake up earlier

Sleddawg
03-13-2021, 09:54 PM
For 24 years my mom called me every day lights savings time to tell me the clocks needed to be changed. Every year for as long as I can remember I tell her that my phone automatically changes, but alas she still calls....

This will be the first time she doesn't call.....

Because I am out of country not because she is dead. C'mon people

Howard Hutchinson
03-13-2021, 10:09 PM
I bet you'll miss her call. Mom just needs a reason to call, that's all - :love0025:

58thecat
03-13-2021, 11:57 PM
Now I got to recalibrate the flow rate of our toilets too:(

tool
03-14-2021, 05:45 AM

zabbo
03-14-2021, 06:47 AM
Round and round and round we go! No matter how it goes somebody will be squawking! Never ending debate. :argue2:

Freedom55
03-14-2021, 07:56 AM
Yes but ignore they left it at DST and didn’t change it you’d have your lighter evenings forever. That’s how they do it in SK and I believe Ontario is changing to that as well.

Saskatchewan clocks never change from Central Standard time. These guys aren't fooled by the crazy arithmetic. Ontarions on the other hand are completely fooled by most ideas not found on the inside of a beer cap.:)

Free

tool
03-14-2021, 08:05 AM
Saskatchewan clocks never change from Central Standard time. These guys aren't fooled by the crazy arithmetic. Ontarions on the other hand are completely fooled by most ideas not found on the inside of a beer cap.:)

Free

I was told SK decided to just stick with CST and stay there because nobody knew how to set the clock on the only VCR in Saskatchewan.

🤷🏻*♂️

Dick284
03-14-2021, 08:25 AM
Here’s why we should stop the insanity of changing the clocks around!

If you think losing that one hour is not a problem, think again!

Statistics show workplace injuries and motor vehicle incidents increase the day following the day- light savings time change.

Employees on average get 40 minutes less sleep on the Sunday night of the switch to DST.

That loss of sleep may not seem like much but a study by researchers found that the Monday fol- lowing the switch to DST can be a particularly dangerous one.
The U.S. National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health database of mining injuries showed that there were 5.7% more workplace injuries and 67.6% more work days missed due to injuries on the first Monday following DST than on other days.

This research suggests that less sleep may increase both the incidence and severity of injuries.

The increased danger isn’t just confined to the workplace, vehicle insurance reports a higher driving risk the first Monday after DST. According to statistics , on average car accidents increased 23%.

So, as the second Monday in March approaches, please pay extra attention to schedules, sleep, and safety because as the statistics show, the gains in daylight with DST may come at a human cost.

58thecat
03-14-2021, 08:26 AM
Round and round and round we go! No matter how it goes somebody will be squawking! Never ending debate. :argue2:

Yup....how hard we got it....

CNP
03-14-2021, 09:55 AM
truth right here

I've never associated that particular meme with truth Ken

It may be racist
The culture never had a knowledge of time clocks
The culture never coordinated timing with counterparts on a level beyond when the sun is deemed to be high
Cutting off two inches from the top and putting it on the bottom doesn't make a day longer it just shifts the daylight hours to a time more responsive to a working culture....but the meme creator doesn't understand that.

My preference would be for a standardized DST........in other words keep DST year round.

sewerrat
03-14-2021, 09:59 AM
If you think losing that one hour is not a problem, think again!

Statistics show workplace injuries and motor vehicle incidents increase the day following the day- light savings time change.

Employees on average get 40 minutes less sleep on the Sunday night of the switch to DST.

That loss of sleep may not seem like much but a study by researchers found that the Monday fol- lowing the switch to DST can be a particularly dangerous one.
The U.S. National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health database of mining injuries showed that there were 5.7% more workplace injuries and 67.6% more work days missed due to injuries on the first Monday following DST than on other days.

This research suggests that less sleep may increase both the incidence and severity of injuries.

The increased danger isn’t just confined to the workplace, vehicle insurance reports a higher driving risk the first Monday after DST. According to statistics , on average car accidents increased 23%.

So, as the second Monday in March approaches, please pay extra attention to schedules, sleep, and safety because as the statistics show, the gains in daylight with DST may come at a human cost.

Yea whatever, people have no issues staying up late partying !

trapperdodge
03-14-2021, 10:03 AM
Haven't we had enough of DST? Why can't we rid ourselves of this anachronism. The Yukon deep sixed DS, Saskatchewan never had it. It's time for it to be gone

trapperdodge
03-14-2021, 10:07 AM
DST is almost like trying to control the climate. We fool ourselves thinking there us an extra hour of daylight somewhere. You want more daylight- get outa bed

Even the Yukon punted DST. We need to grow up and do the same.

58thecat
03-14-2021, 10:13 AM
I've never associated that particular meme with truth Ken

It may be racist
The culture never had a knowledge of time clocks
The culture never coordinated timing with counterparts on a level beyond when the sun is deemed to be high
Cutting off two inches from the top and putting it on the bottom doesn't make a day longer it just shifts the daylight hours to a time more responsive to a working culture....but the meme creator doesn't understand that.

My preference would be for a standardized DST........in other words keep DST year round.

it was meant as a funny....made me laugh:)

happy honker
03-14-2021, 12:42 PM
I don't have an issue with it...especially in the fall!

I set my clocks about 8:30 last night, so when I felt tired at 10, I didn't feel so lame going to bed, because it was already 11 !! (ha)

And it never fails...I ALWAYS have to work on the "spring ahead" Sunday...always!

Dean2
03-14-2021, 12:56 PM
In my books this is a non-event. Never once noticed the difference but then I have never had jet lag either. I can fly into a 12 hour different time zone and no effect at all. Watch still says 1 o'clock, except here it is light and where I left 1 is dark. That however is not true of the vast majority of people. I think most folks would be better off with the clocks staying the same year round.

Ken I like the poster.! Same guys that said, before the white man, I hunted and fished full time and had lots to eat, the women did the skinning, cleaning and cooking. Tell me again how I am better of working 80 hours a week to feed myself.

Redfrog
03-14-2021, 02:03 PM
truth right here

I see this every year and every year I think it is nearly the dumbest thing I've seen. Not surprised that natives feel they were taken advantage of in land negotiations.

Redfrog
03-14-2021, 02:11 PM
I hear ?JT is combining a DST tax with the carbon tax so we don't have to leave our lights on so long.