PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun delivered by Canada Post to Minor

RobTurbo
03-13-2021, 10:05 AM
This should add more fuel to the ban guns movement....

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2021/03/12/canada-post-shotgun-delivered-ottawa/

pikergolf
03-13-2021, 10:18 AM
I get a lot of stuff shipped, everyone is getting sloppy. One outfit left a pair of packages while I was home, just rang the bell and left. Then they sent me emails claiming signature was unobtainable and then sent a picture of the two packages laying on my stoop as proof of delivery. And no it wasn't Canada Post.

Pixel Shooter
03-13-2021, 10:19 AM
it amazes me when canada post now makes us go thru hoops to ship guns. if they move away from shippping firearms were screwed

nimrod
03-13-2021, 10:26 AM
it amazes me when canada post now makes us go thru hoops to ship guns. if they move away from shippping firearms were screwed

Who pays them, answered the question

Ken07AOVette
03-13-2021, 10:52 AM
And Canada Post owns Purolator, so they set all the rules now. I wouldn't use fedex if they were the only ones that could deliver the antidote.

bat119
03-13-2021, 11:00 AM
Canada post should have a pick up option instead of home delivery yes I know you can get a post office box that was a failure as well. A simple box to tick off with a pick up slip delivered by the mailperson would end all this nonsense.

I've had a Garand, a browning 1911-22 and a .44 1860 army left on my doorstep all signature required, oddly enough for simple packages they sneak up and leave a pickup slip?

Pioneer2
03-13-2021, 01:05 PM
Anyone have two rifles left outside leaning against the wrong house in the winter.I particularly like when they claim two failed delivery attempts when they didn't even show up once and I just wasted two days off looking out the window for the truck.

EZM
03-13-2021, 01:32 PM
Anyone have two rifles left outside leaning against the wrong house in the winter.I particularly like when they claim two failed delivery attempts when they didn't even show up once and I just wasted two days off looking out the window for the truck.

Yup they are full of crap.

My office in the house is on the main floor and I can see the front of the cul de sac clearly from my window there and I'm there pretty much 6:30am to 6:00PM all day and I have two dogs, and three other people in the house - so there is ALWAYS someone around.

I also got the 2 delivery attempts note - which is complete BS. The reality is, it's too cold to get out of the warm truck and even make an attempt.

Lazy unionized government workers.

pathetic.

mooseknuckle
03-13-2021, 01:57 PM
Yup they are full of crap.

My office in the house is on the main floor and I can see the front of the cul de sac clearly from my window there and I'm there pretty much 6:30am to 6:00PM all day and I have two dogs, and three other people in the house - so there is ALWAYS someone around.

I also got the 2 delivery attempts note - which is complete BS. The reality is, it's too cold to get out of the warm truck and even make an attempt.

Lazy unionized government workers.

pathetic.

Had the same thing happen, just trying to get them to admit the bs. Same culdisac. Not to mention the 4 cameras recording...... zero attempts to deliver. Such BS.

6.5 shooter
03-14-2021, 12:34 PM
Who pays them, answered the question

This^^^ is all you need to know.

Mine are now going by UPS never had an issue, CP on the other hand USED to be OK but they have gone down the Liberal pathway.. To Oblivion.

trooper
03-14-2021, 01:02 PM
I ship lots of firearms by Canada post. It's none of their business what's inside that sealed container being shipped. If they ask, I dont tell them.

daveyn
03-14-2021, 06:35 PM
You can absolutely have items shipped to your local post office depot and pick it up there. We have stuff shipped to the local Shoppers outlet all the time. You get a notice in the mailbox and go pick up your parcel.
Sadly with what is going on today I would not ship anything of value to be left on my doorstep.

58thecat
03-15-2021, 08:17 AM
I guess we are lucky cuz I got no complaints about Canada post around here...order...shipped....too big then I get a slip and pick it up at the counter...all other items that come via a different service we track and get notice of its arrival on the cell...then go get it...ohh well people gonna complain either way...easier to see what's wrong and control what you can control..keeps a smile on your face too:)

FishOutOfWater
03-15-2021, 09:00 AM
Guns are bad.

:rolleye2:

qwert
03-15-2021, 09:21 AM
Guns are bad.

:rolleye2:

Guns are neither good nor bad.

What is bad,
is what people with guns,
do to those who have none.

(usually as a result of 'gun control' by government.)

Democide of ~262,000,000 people in the most recent century.
https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/MURDER.HTM

Good Luck, YMMV.