PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Ranger

Reeves1
03-17-2021, 09:01 AM
Not sure if this is permitted ?

Kicking the idea of selling my (wife's but I own it) Ranger (need cash for bills asap).

4LT & 5 spd std. 121k on it.
Has some rust started on the bottom of: doors & tail gate.
It is the Level ll & has the box cover.
Ext cab short box.
New Duratracs.
Needs a new battery - I may have one in the shop - looking today.

I called the local dealer & without seeing it, he figured 7k ?
I'll have to look around more.

Thoughts ?

CNP
03-17-2021, 09:48 AM
My Grandson picked up an 05 for $2500 last week. I thought that was a great deal for a well maintained truck. Kijiji has 07's from 4200 up to 7000. Depends on how long you want to hold on to it and the right buyer coming along.

tri777
03-17-2021, 09:50 AM
Would need 5 pics for accurate input. (all 4 sides and 1 interior shot)

Reeves1
03-17-2021, 09:53 AM
Would need 5 pics for accurate input. (all 4 sides and 1 interior shot)

Getting the wife to clean it some today first.

Bad: she is a smoker. I know this will bring the price down....

jpohlic
03-17-2021, 12:35 PM
2wd or 4x4?

About 6 months ago I found a 2wd 2007 Ranger XL 4 cyl 5 spd with 118K km on it, near mint body and interior, 2 sets of rims and tires, for $4K. I thought that was a really good deal. If yours is 4x4 and has some options it might be in the ballpark.

Reeves1
03-17-2021, 02:23 PM
2wd or 4x4?

About 6 months ago I found a 2wd 2007 Ranger XL 4 cyl 5 spd with 118K km on it, near mint body and interior, 2 sets of rims and tires, for $4K. I thought that was a really good deal. If yours is 4x4 and has some options it might be in the ballpark.

4x4

Thank you for the info

The Elkster
03-17-2021, 02:44 PM
Pre-covid Est. = +-5K
Today Est. = +-20K

I suspect smoking will kill value quite a bit. Not sure what an ozone treatment costs but might be worth consideration.

Good luck

Dean2
03-17-2021, 02:50 PM
Definitely do the Ozone treatment on it. Buying one is cheaper than having someone do it. Completely gets rid of the smoke smell as long as you wash everything down real good with water/soap and some vinegar mixed in. Shampoo seats, carpet, and headliner twice. Will materially improve not just price but speed that it sells. Very few smokers left these days so a tiny market for used vehicles. The far bigger issue is going to be the rust. Personally I want no part of one that is rusting and neither do most other people, unless it is REALLY cheap.

tirebob
03-17-2021, 02:52 PM
Getting the wife to clean it some today first.

Bad: she is a smoker. I know this will bring the price down....Best advice... Especially if she is a smoker... Pony up for a solid, professional detail inside, outside and under the hood. You will get every penny back and even more most often. A vehicle that looks pristine is perceived as being much better taken care of than one that is "just okay" and people will pay much more.

Cement Bench
03-17-2021, 03:06 PM
yep, smoking brings the price down but also the folks willing to buy it

just tell a prospective buyer it was parked too close to a pinto

I am sure they will understand

Just kidding eh

Reeves1
03-17-2021, 04:53 PM
yep, smoking brings the price down but also the folks willing to buy it

just tell a prospective buyer it was parked too close to a pinto

I am sure they will understand

Just kidding eh

I'll sell you the Pinto for 25k.......as long as you are not young & have the ways & means to properly care for it......and your ticker (heart) is up for it !

1hogfarmer
03-17-2021, 11:05 PM
Tried selling our 2011 ranger sport 4x4.

It’s a bit of niche market we found out. Either teenagers or older folk, which means not much extra money and always trying to lowball.

It makes a good farm truck - you can’t put a sheet of plywood in a SxS, we’ll keep it for the rest of its days.

Wes_G
03-17-2021, 11:16 PM
I sold my 2003 XLT 4x4 in January for $3700 It was mechanically good but starting to get some rust in the same areas you mentioned, 280 000 kms though. Depending on what it has for options and what kind of condition the interior is in, $7000 should be close They are a great vehicle for a new driver. Pu tit up for 7 and be prepared to take 6, especially if you can't get rid of the cigarette smell.

Reeves1
03-18-2021, 10:02 AM
I sold my 2003 XLT 4x4 in January for $3700 It was mechanically good but starting to get some rust in the same areas you mentioned, 280 000 kms though. Depending on what it has for options and what kind of condition the interior is in, $7000 should be close They are a great vehicle for a new driver. Pu tit up for 7 and be prepared to take 6, especially if you can't get rid of the cigarette smell.

7k is what I am thinking ....no $ for a pro cleaning..... so as is where is.

I've been trying to sell my car at WAY below it's worth. Would much rather sell it than the Ranger.
Guy in the States wants it big time......but he will not submit to Trudopes Prison/Hotel scam.

Would be Ideal for someone in AB to own & finish.....but not many gearheads left on the Planet....

HyperMOA
03-18-2021, 12:12 PM
What is left on your Pinto? Just curious, not really interested. Just seen pics so long I thought it was basically done.

bloopbloob
03-18-2021, 01:16 PM
What's a pinto? Is that one of those stuffed olive thingys?

HyperMOA
03-18-2021, 01:22 PM

A bean actually. The most undesirable bean if I remember correctly. Something about gassy explosions too. :)

Dean2
03-18-2021, 01:49 PM
If u can't afford pro detailing u would be well served to put the effort in and do it yourself. If the car smells like smoke 90% of potential buyers will walk away immediately.

Reeves1
03-18-2021, 01:50 PM

Sort of.....one of these....

https://i.imgur.com/gPnPFTZ.jpg

Stuffed with this....

https://i.imgur.com/5ACLHgC.jpg

A bean actually. The most undesirable bean if I remember correctly. Something about gassy explosions too. :)

Myth......I'd post a link for you to read up on it (and how GM trucks with side tanks killed thousands) , but know you wouldn't read it.
Plus I (think) you are kidding !

Reeves1
03-18-2021, 01:51 PM
If u can't afford pro detailing u would be well served to put the effort in and do it yourself. If the car smells like smoke 90% of potential buyers will walk away immediately.

Wife is working on it .....

Reeves1
03-18-2021, 01:53 PM
What is left on your Pinto? Just curious, not really interested. Just seen pics so long I thought it was basically done.

Few small things......next owner will be fully informed.
Go fast cars are never done.
This one is not for a young guy.
Plus fuel is Fury 108 (same as VP C12) at $4.00 + per LT. and about 6-8 MPG when I take it easy....

HyperMOA
03-18-2021, 01:59 PM
Few small things......next owner will be fully informed.
Go fast cars are never done.
This one is not for a young guy.
Plus fuel is Fury 108 (same as VP C12) at $4.00 + per LT. and about 6-8 MPG when I take it easy....

I get the never done bit, but is it registered and insured and street legal currently is more what I meant? Yes I've read your myth link before. Just teasing you a bit. About pinto beans and "gassy explosions". What is the compression ratio that you require 108?

Reeves1
03-18-2021, 02:30 PM
I get the never done bit, but is it registered and insured and street legal currently is more what I meant? Yes I've read your myth link before. Just teasing you a bit. About pinto beans and "gassy explosions". What is the compression ratio that you require 108?

Reg & street legal. 12:1 huge cam.
With a valve spring up-grade will pump out about 600 HP

Cement Bench
03-18-2021, 04:17 PM
I'll sell you the Pinto for 25k.......as long as you are not young & have the ways & means to properly care for it......and your ticker (heart) is up for it !

I will pay to go for a ride they are neat

I wanted to go on a ride in the 2 seater dragster but the driver was tired and kind of sick that day
RATS on my bucket list

Positrac
03-18-2021, 06:06 PM
Would be Ideal for someone in AB to own & finish.....but not many gearheads left on the Planet....

That is a fact.

I still have dreams of owning a Tri-5 Chevy one day. Most the guys to which they held real sentimental value for are starting to get on in age. My theory is they will start to go down in value and maybe one day they will be at a place where I could justify having one. So far my theory hasn’t proven correct and they just keep going up in price though.

Reeves1
03-18-2021, 06:14 PM
I will pay to go for a ride they are neat

I wanted to go on a ride in the 2 seater dragster but the driver was tired and kind of sick that day
RATS on my bucket list

How is your heart ? Pulls like a Freight Train !
Roads are a mess right now. Rough, dusty & lots of gravel......

HyperMOA
03-18-2021, 07:52 PM
That is a fact.

I still have dreams of owning a Tri-5 Chevy one day. Most the guys to which they held real sentimental value for are starting to get on in age. My theory is they will start to go down in value and maybe one day they will be at a place where I could justify having one. So far my theory hasn’t proven correct and they just keep going up in price though.

I have thought the same thing. There is always new people willing to buy classics so they never seem to go down. My theory (sheer BS concocted in my own melon and I have no proof or links) is that 20ish years from now is when the classic car market will begin to decline. When the millennials and following generation hit 40 when most people tend to afford to buy such toys, they won’t, as many don’t even have drivers licenses. They don’t have interest in autos or racing it seems. Many want self-driving cars. That may have us too old to enjoy them when they are affordable.

HyperMOA
03-18-2021, 07:56 PM
Reg & street legal. 12:1 huge cam.
With a valve spring up-grade will pump out about 600 HP

12:1 is high but should run on less than race fuel. Have you tried it with higher octane pump gas? You’d likely need to rejet but have you tried?

Reeves1
03-19-2021, 07:01 AM
12:1 is high but should run on less than race fuel. Have you tried it with higher octane pump gas? You’d likely need to rejet but have you tried?

As far as I know (have not looked into "normal" gas lately, but most, if not all, will have ethanol. Not good stuff for a 1972 system. Hate the stuff.
Race gas has a MUCH longer shelf life as well. Plus the gas additives in the gas I use has some old school "stuff" in it that would make LIEbral/Greeny heads blow up .....makes me smile every time I fire it up !
I would not run any engine on pump gas with 10:1 or higher.

So, not using pump gas. Lots more reasons not to use junk fuel....