PDA

View Full Version : Bail Has Been Denied For The Killers of Jacob Sansom and Morris Cardinal

1899b
03-19-2021, 11:34 AM
Jacobs widow has just reported on her Facebook that bail request has been denied....

Ken07AOVette
03-19-2021, 11:55 AM
When this actually gets to court, it will be interesting for sure to find out what happened leading up to the incident. If I remember correctly the story was the 2 hunters were found to be in the accused building, or on their land doing something they were not supposed to be doing, but I am certain I will be corrected soon in this thread. Only the living can speak for themselves though so the burden of proof will be heavily on the Crown to prove intent.

1899b
03-19-2021, 12:15 PM
When this actually gets to court, it will be interesting for sure to find out what happened leading up to the incident. If I remember correctly the story was the 2 hunters were found to be in the accused building, or on their land doing something they were not supposed to be doing, but I am certain I will be corrected soon in this thread. Only the living can speak for themselves though so the burden of proof will be heavily on the Crown to prove intent.

We can only hope that the truth prevails in this one. I’m not so sure it will though. Hopefully there is some hard concrete evidence Ken. We shall see.

https://www.therecord.com/ts/news/canada/2021/03/19/father-son-accused-of-killing-metis-hunters-in-alberta-denied-bail.html

marky_mark
03-19-2021, 12:55 PM
Family friends are close with the accused
Word is there is video evidence and phone records of calls made to the rcmp prior to the final escalation of the situation

alpinebeers
03-19-2021, 01:45 PM

I've seen you quote this same thing before about them being in someone else's building. If you don't know why spread the rumor?

Ken07AOVette
03-19-2021, 02:19 PM
I've seen you quote this same thing before about them being in someone else's building. If you don't know why spread the rumor?

I'm discussing.
It's only a rumor if proven not true.
If you dont agree discuss or stop typing but it's not your place to give me crap.
Your choice.

Cement Bench
03-19-2021, 02:21 PM

so what do you know?

marky_mark
03-19-2021, 02:21 PM

When news broke of this and they were just poor hunters trying to survive. It was front page news across Canada

Word gets out that they might have been doing something they shouldn’t have been doing. The story falls off the face of the earth

Kinda strange

saskbooknut
03-19-2021, 03:41 PM
There is a whole lot we don't know about the interaction that led to the killing of two men.
One thing that I am sure of.
Any justification by the killers is severely damaged by leaving the bodies in the road for someone else to discover.

Bergerboy
03-19-2021, 04:12 PM
Basically 2 guys got shot on a country road by 2 other guys? The 2 guys that did the shooting didnt report the incident and left until the cops came knocking? Pretty easy to see how this will play out.

marky_mark
03-19-2021, 05:03 PM
Or....
Fatal interaction occurs
Accused panic because a tragedy occurred
They Leave town and go and consult with a lawyer
Lawyer recommends that they surrender
So they turn themselves into the rcmp

bobtodrick
03-19-2021, 05:16 PM
Or....
Fatal interaction occurs
Accused panic because a tragedy occurred
They Leave town and go and consult with a lawyer
Lawyer recommends that they surrender
So they turn themselves into the rcmp

Except that doesn’t appear to be how it played out.

fishnguy
03-19-2021, 05:56 PM
Basically 2 guys got shot on a country road by 2 other guys? The 2 guys that did the shooting didnt report the incident and left until the cops came knocking? Pretty easy to see how this will play out.
For sure. It appears someone will go to jail. It appears the longevity of the stay is about the only thing to be determined by the court. We shall see.

vinny
03-19-2021, 06:04 PM
My kids go to school with Jacob’s kids. Regardless of the outcome or how it came about, these kids don’t have a dad anymore. It’s been horrific for them. Imagine explaining the situation to your children, whichever way it goes. Sad.

Ken07AOVette
03-19-2021, 07:08 PM
I have read many times that the 2 hunters were great and wonderful men, that they were pillars of society. Would that not mean that the Bilodeau's must have lengthy criminal records, a lifetime of crime leading up to this, one of the worst transgressions man can commit?

There has been lots of speculaton as to what happened, but until something concrete is made public all we have to go on is popular opinion from friends, relatives, neighbors.

It was a terrible thing for the affected families to go through, I hope some peace is found at the end. I would not want to be in this jury, wow.

waldedw
03-19-2021, 07:23 PM
The only thing that seems really clear is that nobody on here knows any more than they did when the incident happened almost 1 year ago, it's all just regurgitated speculation and hearsay :thinking-006:

Bushrat
03-19-2021, 08:38 PM
Curios, did the shooters call 911 after it happened?

marky_mark
03-19-2021, 09:27 PM
Except that doesn’t appear to be how it played out.

How so?

buckbrush
03-19-2021, 11:32 PM
Like others have mentioned, it's all speculation at this point. The fact that this went from a major story to quiet in the media makes me think there is much more to the story.

The media would have drawn and quartered the accused many times over by now if they had any reason to.

Again, before anyone else gets all worked up, its still just speculation.

liar
03-20-2021, 06:50 AM
At the end of the day , regardless of the outcome , it is a colossal tragedy . I feel for both families that are left to deal with the fall out .

wildwoods
03-20-2021, 07:06 AM
At the end of the day , regardless of the outcome , it is a colossal tragedy . I feel for both families that are left to deal with the fall out .

A perfect summary

JULIUS
03-20-2021, 08:02 AM
I agree with the perfect summary comment. Lets hope it gets dealt with so these people can find some kind of closure and not be dragged thru the courts for what will be for them years of ongoing agony.
May your loved one RIP

Smoky buck
03-20-2021, 08:27 AM
Don’t know what happened and not going to assume

What I do know is this court cases will be effected by the media and its hints at racism. Unfortunately I don’t see the courts focusing only on facts and the events that took places. I would place bets that someone is going to see a harsh sentence regardless of what took place before shots were fired

Likely the public will never know what truly took place outside of two men being shot. The accused are going to give their spin on the event and if the victims were doing some wrong the media will play it down because it won’t fit the direction they took first reporting the story

One thing is for sure this will have a negative impact on the families regardless

Mulehahn
03-20-2021, 09:47 AM
Maybe these 2 men acted in self defence, maybe they are cold blooded murderers. Or maybe they didn't even do it. I have no idea. That is what the courts are for.

Unfortunately, following the events of the Boushie case in which Trudeau and Ray-bould were very vocal that the jury made the wrong decision based solely on Race the Crown will be out for blood. Even a decent defence lawyer is going to look at Gerald Stanley's defence lawyer having his career almost destroyed as the firm is trying to distance themselves from the case as much as possible will no doubt have serious second thoughts. I highly doubt it is possible for these 2 men to get a fair trial.

All I know is 2 men are dead, 2 men are accused of murdering them and several families are destroyed. Whatever happened that night everyone wishes that it wasn't this.

Mb-MBR
03-20-2021, 09:53 AM
I do not know any of the facts other then what's been posted here and in media but one would think if the killers were acting in self defence bond wouldn't have been an issue. Speculation is the deceased might have been trespassing but the reality is the accused killed two people...

It has not ended well for one family, I'm sure the killers will suffer a bit but they have a lifetime to heal and recover, if that's possible.

tri777
03-20-2021, 09:53 AM
Just speculations of a case that hasn't reached fruition yet folks.