PDA

View Full Version : Money Apprentice Lineman

DipDaddy
03-20-2021, 12:12 AM
Can you gentlemen recommend, a course of action for an aspiring lineman?
10 years military, avionics..
2 surveying..
Eager to learn and been called it all.
Just need an in, man.

Cement Bench
03-20-2021, 10:33 AM
I am new man

come on man

Grizzly Adams
03-20-2021, 10:41 AM
I am new man

come on man

Talk to the companies that hire . :confused:

Grizz

Dean2
03-20-2021, 10:50 AM
Talk to the companies that hire . :confused:

Grizz

Don't be silly. Brand new sign up, first post, asking for help. No indication of steps taken to look for a job, where he is located, willingness to relocate, experience in the field, just 10 years Avionics which isn't real applicable and education levels or butt squat else. If he served 10 years in the Military as indicated I have some tolerance and willingness to help but pretty tough with so little to go on.

Tronneroi
03-20-2021, 10:56 AM
Can you gentlemen recommend, a course of action for an aspiring lineman?
10 years military, avionics..
2 surveying..
Eager to learn and been called it all.
Just need an in, man.Get your class 3 and Q. Then start knocking on doors.

Jason Bourne
03-20-2021, 11:02 AM
OP. Go back to that other "Lineman" thread you visited a week or so ago. All the information in that thread is still relevant Times are still tough and companies are holding off on mass hirings but put the legwork in. Call, visit and be more proactive than the next guy. It will pay off. Good luck on your search. It is well worth it.

buckbrush
03-20-2021, 11:37 AM
This forum is historically just used to find POWER ENGINEERING jobs so you might have a tough run getting a linesman job here.

Thank you for your service and welcome to the forum.

Positrac
03-20-2021, 12:50 PM
This forum is historically just used to find POWER ENGINEERING jobs so you might have a tough run getting a linesman job here.

Thank you for your service and welcome to the forum.

Beat me to it. I could definitely help if he was looking for a Power Engineering gig but Lineman is out of my area of expertise, man.