PDA

View Full Version : Heart Lake

trigger7mm
03-23-2021, 03:29 PM
Has anybody fished at Heart Lake. Heard it’s good but the natives can give you a hard time.

mlee
03-23-2021, 04:07 PM
Haven't fished it in 20 years but used to be great....we'd fish up around the islands and more pike then you could shake a stick at....and big too.
Back then there was an old native guy looking after the campsite....we would tip him well and never once had an issue. Always wanted to go back but not sure what it's like now.

jafo
03-23-2021, 05:03 PM
No one could fish last summer due to the Covid access was denied. Last time I fished there was 2 years ago and pike fishing has declined drastically. Lots of big walleye(6-7lb+) but not allowed to keep any. Another mismanaged lake. If you go in June you will catch many fish both pike and walleye but not like it used to be. My family has been fishing it since the early 80's.

Red Bullets
03-23-2021, 10:01 PM
Heart lake has areas where the ice can be thin. I was up there years ago and like mentioned around the islands were great for pike Caught lots. I did catch one pike that went 22 lbs. A week after I was there a truck went through the ice. And it was still winter.