PDA

View Full Version : Renewing fishing license date?

fisher69
03-23-2021, 03:33 PM
I went to renew my license at canadian tire last night, and after finally getting into the system the lady said it would only be good until the end of this month, I said the license I am holding that I told you I want to renew is good until then, and I wanted the one for next year. She told me I had to come back april 1 to get it, but then I was looking at the alberta relm site and it said licenses are available for purchase after march 11th. or does that just mean I can renew it online after the 11th? is that normal? i wanted to renew it in store so i could get the regulation book for free, i know i can download it but its nice to have a physical copy too.

RayL42
03-23-2021, 03:42 PM
The 2021 fishing license is available on Alberta RELM

WayneChristie
03-23-2021, 03:55 PM
I went to renew my license at canadian tire last night, and after finally getting into the system the lady said it would only be good until the end of this month, I said the license I am holding that I told you I want to renew is good until then, and I wanted the one for next year. She told me I had to come back april 1 to get it, but then I was looking at the alberta relm site and it said licenses are available for purchase after march 11th. or does that just mean I can renew it online after the 11th? is that normal? i wanted to renew it in store so i could get the regulation book for free, i know i can download it but its nice to have a physical copy too.

they are supposed to give you a copy if you ask for one.

old dog
03-23-2021, 04:47 PM
And that’s why I renew online and not at a place like Canadian Tire

nick0danger
03-23-2021, 05:36 PM

I print a bunch and tuck em everywhere, try to remove all the old ones first!

Moosetalker
03-23-2021, 06:42 PM
I do the multiple print out as well. Plus I have the Alberta realm app on my phone for a digital copy.
Got a water resistant case as well Not the first time I have dropped it in the boat leaky rivet puddle/livewell

geezer55
03-23-2021, 06:42 PM
I'm lucky I don't need a license but need to know the regs. Went to CT Lethbridge North, asked for the fishing regs and got them no problems.

kilgoretrout
03-23-2021, 07:25 PM
Again as mentioned I print on card-stock and then laminate to make them fall-in proof

pikergolf
03-23-2021, 07:32 PM
I'm lucky I don't need a license but need to know the regs. Went to CT Lethbridge North, asked for the fishing regs and got them no problems.

You got 21/22 regs?

geezer55
03-23-2021, 08:03 PM
Picked up yesterday

SNAPFisher
03-24-2021, 11:35 AM
Picked up yesterday

That is crazy! You think it would be online first...

So, what do the regs say for Wabamun in 2021? :)

CNP
03-24-2021, 12:09 PM

You're relying on someone else's competence on operating and navigation the licensing system. I don't know what is possible using the commercial system but I know that the people operating it are invariably challenged in doing so.

If you have on online account with albertarelm.com (https://www.albertarelm.com/licensing.page), buy your license online. If you don't have an account, why not make one?

Seli
03-24-2021, 01:32 PM
If it is in print already then clearly all changes have been made.

I agree that the on-line version should be available.
Last year they posted on line March 17th so why not this year?
Itching to see what changes have been made as there were a number of lakes throughout the province that were open for angler input.

geezer55
03-24-2021, 06:28 PM
Wabamun

fish99
03-24-2021, 07:04 PM

the ct store in leduc did not have the new regs today

haggis57
03-24-2021, 10:55 PM
I got my 21-22 licence and new Regulations at Cdn Tire at Richmond Rd in Calgary this morning. For another $3.50 @ Staples I was able to 3 laminated copies.

Ken

crazy_davey
03-25-2021, 12:09 AM
Picked up yesterday

Do you mind if I ask where? Maybe I missed it? Still like a printed copy. Headed to Deathbridge Friday.

crazy_davey
03-25-2021, 12:11 AM
Hmmmm, yup, scrolled back, there it is. Thanks!

Call that a brain fart :)

SNAPFisher
03-25-2021, 04:40 PM
Wabamun

Thanks. Tags it is.