PDA

View Full Version : Change jet to prop help

bowness
03-28-2021, 03:25 PM
Hi guys,

I made a contact last year to help with with this then lost it.

I am looking for help (paid) to show me and complete the transfer from a 90 hp Mariner jet to a prop. I have the prop just need some guidance:)

Jayhad
03-29-2021, 06:44 PM
Hi guys,

I made a contact last year to help with with this then lost it.

I am looking for help (paid) to show me and complete the transfer from a 90 hp Mariner jet to a prop. I have the prop just need some guidance:)

It wasn't me but,

It's a pretty darn easy process, I would go here http://outboardjets.com/jet-kit-instructions/ and look up your model and do the reverse. it is very simple.

Positrac
03-29-2021, 07:49 PM
Where are you located. That might help get a response. If you’re in Fort McMurray I’d do it for you.

bowness
03-30-2021, 10:19 AM
Thanks Jayhad. My concern is changing the height on my transom.

bowness
03-30-2021, 10:20 AM
Ha! Thanks Positrac! I am in Calgary

bowness
04-04-2021, 01:44 PM
bump

Dean2
04-04-2021, 02:14 PM
Thanks Jayhad. My concern is changing the height on my transom.

Setting the transom height is quite easy, once you get the prop back on. Basically amounts to having the cavitation plate level with the bottom line of the V on the boat trimmed out. So at full down it will be below the v line to start with, how much depends on the boat, v design, weight etc. Just move the motor up or down using the adjustment holes. If you have a Jack plate, set the lower travel limit to be an inch and a half below that line at full down. Once you get the motor back together any good boat shop can help you out for a small fee. I am in Edm or would give you a hand.