PDA

View Full Version : Fawcett Lake

jeffrey929
08-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Going to Fawcett tomorrow for the fist time ever. Any advice from someone who has been there before would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Big fish
08-21-2009, 10:10 PM
easy lake to catch fish be careful she can get shallow in a hurry in some spots

Wulfespirit
08-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Going to Fawcett tomorrow for the fist time ever. Any advice from someone who has been there before would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You can catch walleye and pike pretty much everywhere on the lake as there is lots of good structure/drop offs and each of them has fish. Don't be afraid to try away from big congregations of boats as there isn't just one good spot.

With the exception of after dark, Fawcett's walleye prefers leeches over minnows. Jig them over the side or troll a rap or bottom bouncer and you'll do fine.

thundergrey
08-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Pretty much anything in perch colors

riskytype
08-21-2009, 10:29 PM
Growing up we fished this lake all year long and had a trailer on the property. Late season walleye were good in the hole off of the first island from the campsite. the hole is on the lake side and not the narrows side. ( I know that there is two ends of the lake so I hope not to confuse you )

We used to fish the down the lake on the North side trolling along the shore and into the bays with 3/8 to 1/2 oz shad jigs. still jigging minnows and leeches worked well also.Perch used to be very abundant anywhere the lily pads were. We used small jigs with small minnow pieces.

hope this helps.

jeffrey929
08-22-2009, 05:23 AM
Thanks everyone... I will let you all know how we made out