PDA

View Full Version : Sylvan Pike

BanffJohn
03-29-2021, 09:46 PM
http://ibb.co/RcrtLGk

Hey all, just wondering if anyone could give any ideas. I have been coming up there only for the last couple months and fishing the area marked Orange on the pic, targeting whites. Been fairly successful and it’s all that is to the help I’ve received here. There was lots of people in that area for the first few trips up, but the last 2 times I’ve been up, I’ve noticed a lot more fishermen in the area marked red.

Tomorrow is to be a day targeting the big pike I’ve heard about, would anyone say the red or the orange area might be better to target pike? We’ve got a couple out of the orange area, but only small ones, hoping for a big girl. Just grabbbed 7” herring at Fishin Hole.

Or alternatively-should I look elsewhere on the lake? This is the only spot I’ve fished so far out there so I really have no idea of pike habitat. From looking at the past posts in here-it seems that people go really shallow for them, and the chart I saw has that red area being shallower-so I’m kinda leaning towards that area would be better, but I’d appreciate any insight anyone could offer.

How shallow is too shallow?