PDA

View Full Version : Brazeau Canal fishing

kurt2938
04-03-2021, 10:06 AM
Hello all, I was looking to hit up Brazeau Canal for some shore fishing soon. I went there last year and had some luck. I was just wondering if anyone had been there recently and if they had any luck? I was also wondering what kind of condition the road along the canal was? Thank y'all in advance.

Smoky buck
04-03-2021, 12:41 PM
It’s often really slow till the water warms up and clears up

I don’t bait fish and when I do fish there I am targeting pike with lures so factor that in

hunterbob
04-03-2021, 07:04 PM
Used to fish there in the 70’s. Dad had a 12 foot fibreglass Fisherman boat with a 7.5 horse Triton air cooled motor. We thought we had the world by the tail. Don’t remember catching anything really big but they were always hungry. Good memories.

kidd
04-05-2021, 12:57 PM
Kurt I was in there on Friday of this past long weekend. The road is good, just dusty. No washboard or holes or mud. I didn't go further East than the campground. Actually I am curious where that goes.
kidd

Smoky buck
04-05-2021, 03:23 PM
Kurt I was in there on Friday of this past long weekend. The road is good, just dusty. No washboard or holes or mud. I didn't go further East than the campground. Actually I am curious where that goes.
kidd

When the gate is open it goes to the dam and if you take a left it takes you out on power house rd