PDA

View Full Version : Berland River

kurthunter
04-05-2021, 06:54 PM
Never spent much time Fishing. But Id like to try some fishing during the day this year during my spring bear hunt. What should I expect/kit to bring for fishing the Berland River. New to fishing to any tips thanks!

hawk-i
04-05-2021, 07:04 PM
Its been years (like since the early to mid 80"s) when I use to spend a lot of time on the Berland.
Use to be some excellent whitefish and grayling fish close by "Chase Flats"(15th baseline) mostly with a fly.
Also was some good elk population on both sides of the river and the lick on the farside produced some good moose...not sure what things are like now though!

kurthunter
04-05-2021, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=hawk-i;4357471]Its been years (like since the early to mid 80"s) when I use to spend a lot of time on the Berland.
Use to be some excellent whitefish and grayling fish close by "Chase Flats"(15th baseline) mostly with a fly.
Also was some good elk population on both sides of the river and the lick on the farside produced some good moose...not sure what things are like now though![/QUOTE

Thanks for the insight!

-JR-
04-07-2021, 02:51 PM
It used to really good 5 years ,even catch rainbows in it, around July and early Aug then they move on some where else , then the grayling and rockies move in . There was a spill in the Athabasca river around 5 years ago and even the Berland went down hill .

Sooner
04-07-2021, 03:25 PM
Fished it where it dumps into the Atha B forever. Find some deeper holes with a log jam or big rocks and the whites & grayling should be there. Caught some walleye in the fall too. Flies, spinners and small spoons should all catch something.

Check the regs, that spill has changed things like using bait etc. Good luck.