PDA

View Full Version : Vanity Walleye Cup???

RUBBERDUCKY
08-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Wondering if anyone has ever entered this tournament??
I've always been interested in going one year to see how i'd make out, but it's a fairly steep entry fee and i don't have the proper boat to be on the river??

If anyone would be intersted, and has a the boat, i'd love to go, just to say i went!

Shmag
08-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Is this the Nipawan one?

Chris K
08-22-2009, 05:38 PM
The Vanity Cup in Nipawin has a waiting list that's pretty long. If you got your name on it now, you might get in in a couple of years. The 160 spots fill up fast before the grandfathering deadline, and guys are really reluctant to give up their spots, as it's very hard to get back in. It's a good tournament and the fishing has been really good the last four years. Try getting into the Premiers Cup forst if you want a cheaper entry fee to start out at Nipawin. Chris K

bsnyder
08-22-2009, 08:23 PM
:wave:Ya you and a dozen other guys would luv to fish the Vanity.Not getting my spot :DIts real diferant fishing,and with 150 boats control can be a chalenge.Some huge fish come out in that tourny.Afew guys take it too serious ( specialy the americans, hehe )but we allways have a lot of fun:DKeep sending your entry in and if there is a canclation ,your in (and granfathered )good luck:wave:

bsnyder
08-22-2009, 08:26 PM
The Vanity Cup in Nipawin has a waiting list that's pretty long. If you got your name on it now, you might get in in a couple of years. The 160 spots fill up fast before the grandfathering deadline, and guys are really reluctant to give up their spots, as it's very hard to get back in. It's a good tournament and the fishing has been really good the last four years. Try getting into the Premiers Cup forst if you want a cheaper entry fee to start out at Nipawin. Chris K

:wave:Hi Chris, this is me , is this you (Bob @ Grace ):wave:

sheephunter
08-22-2009, 08:46 PM
No need for a river boat...any regular Deep V with a prop motor will work fine.

Shmag
08-22-2009, 09:20 PM
No need for a river boat...any regular Deep V with a prop motor will work fine.

I got a 21ft tracker, should be alright for that...i am guessing. Hey what week-end is this on???thanks

lambski
08-22-2009, 10:32 PM
:wave:Ya you and a dozen other guys would luv to fish the Vanity.Not getting my spot :DIts real diferant fishing,and with 150 boats control can be a chalenge.Some huge fish come out in that tourny.Afew guys take it too serious ( specialy the americans, hehe )but we allways have a lot of fun:DKeep sending your entry in and if there is a canclation ,your in (and granfathered )good luck:wave:

Or you could just know Jim.

bsnyder
08-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Or you could just know Jim.

ya, that definatly helps :D

Shmag
08-23-2009, 07:35 AM
Anybody know the dates of the Vanity and Premier Cups???

bsnyder
08-23-2009, 08:01 AM
:wave:Oct. 3rd - 4th, Golden in 2weeks then the vanity, yea!:D

Shmag
08-23-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks Bob, i have a buddy that wants to do the Golden, i imagine that one is full as well. Man the Oct 3-4 is sure a late one, i was hoping to have the boat winterized by then and the rifle out, but you never know

Thanks again

bsnyder
08-23-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks Bob, i have a buddy that wants to do the Golden, i imagine that one is full as well. Man the Oct 3-4 is sure a late one, i was hoping to have the boat winterized by then and the rifle out, but you never know

Thanks again

:wave:Ya the Golden fills fast too, hope is not as rough as faust was:tongue2:I think the Vanity is a little earlier this year, Pray for an Indian summer ( haha ), hate having ice on the water.Some of the diehard locals fish into Nov as long as the launch dosnt get too slipery.:scared:Sure would like to break the 15pd mark this year.Need the money:lol:

Shmag
08-23-2009, 10:33 AM
:wave:Ya the Golden fills fast too, hope is not as rough as faust was:tongue2:I think the Vanity is a little earlier this year, Pray for an Indian summer ( haha ), hate having ice on the water.Some of the diehard locals fish into Nov as long as the launch dosnt get too slipery.:scared:Sure would like to break the 15pd mark this year.Need the money:lol:

Ya the faust derby was pretty crazy, i think the golden has been known for some awful weather as well. Tournament fisherman are definetly a different breed,lol. I hear alot of people saying the elk were already bugling, geez i hope that isn't an indication of an early winter.

Well good luck to you in the derbies, bring home the big money!!!

bsnyder
08-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Ya the faust derby was pretty crazy, i think the golden has been known for some awful weather as well. Tournament fisherman are definetly a different breed,lol. I hear alot of people saying the elk were already bugling, geez i hope that isn't an indication of an early winter.

Well good luck to you in the derbies, bring home the big money!!!

:wave:Thanks , I need all the luck I can get:lol:Havnt heard elk yet but beeting the bears out of the yard with a bat , so many of them , getting to be a nuesance.There is so many deer that if you stuck a 2x4 out your truck window on the highway you would probably get a few.Need a thinning out:D