PDA

View Full Version : Fish Sonar guys.

pikergolf
04-12-2021, 12:46 PM
I didn't want to highjack the other thread.

So.........Garmin® Striker™ Vivid 7sv for 700 or Humminbird® Helix™ 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2N Sonar for 800.

SamSteele
04-12-2021, 05:21 PM
I like the Bird stuff, but that model is a G2N and they are now selling G4Ns. I can’t comment on the Garmin.

mlee
04-12-2021, 07:33 PM
I have a vivid 7sv....was a no brainer. I've had 4 garmin units and a helix....I'm sticking with garmin.
As I said in the other thread....active captain (garmins Free app) is awesome.

calgarygringo
04-12-2021, 07:52 PM
Down side to the Bird is it is already 2 generations behind as soon as you buy it. Electronis for fishing are changing quickly and getting better every year. Still a decent unit but as mentioned already old. If it was a jug of milk or loaf of bread it would be expired or past its best before date.

SamSteele
04-12-2021, 08:40 PM
I have a vivid 7sv....was a no brainer. I've had 4 garmin units and a helix....I'm sticking with garmin.
As I said in the other thread....active captain (garmins Free app) is awesome.

Humminbird has their FishSmart app that looks very similar as well.

The Fisherman Guy
04-13-2021, 10:16 AM
Another vote for Garmin over Bird - anyday

Coiloil37
04-13-2021, 02:52 PM
I would suggest you get you mitts on the echomap uhd series instead of the budget striker line. If you look around a bit you’ll find a 7” echomap for roughly the same price.
If your not running a minn kota ipilot I prefer the Garmin to the bird. If your controlling a trolling motor and fishing lakes I would probably steer to the bird.

I had that exact humminbird five or six years ago, it’s a fairly dated model. I use a Garmin now and definitely prefer it to the bird or lowrance.