PDA

View Full Version : the south ram...

odoyle
08-23-2009, 11:55 AM
I just had to share my enjoyment for the South Ram River. I am by no measure a good fly fisher, but with time I'm hoping to continue to learn more about the whole concept...

I was able to get to the South Ram a few days ago, and only spend a few hours downstream of Ram River Falls, hiking an hour and a half downstream before wading back up. Just a sweet river. Only caught two Cutthroat, one 16", but spending a morning wading on this river was great, and I'm sure to return!

I have no pictures, no crazy stories, but only new memories made on another great piece of water in Canada. I'm not sure how heavily fished this river is, but I would recommend it to anyone wanting to get out and experience one of the most beautiful waters I have fished.

selanne88
08-25-2009, 07:14 PM
The South Ram does see its fair share of fisherman in the year with guides taking people in and a few helicopter companies that drop fisherman off. Areas that are easily accessible arent the greatest but if you are willing to wailk and clinb down steep shale banks then it can be very good.