PDA

View Full Version : Fish in the Beaver River?

tuckman
08-23-2009, 12:35 PM
A friend of mine wants to head up to the Beaver River near Bonnyville and go fishing, is there much for fish there?

Levy
11-23-2010, 06:19 PM
This is a really old post and a little late to go fishing considering the river is freezing but incase you ever do head up there. I grew up fishing that area, and fishing for pike there can be really good, theres even the odd walleye. Best time to fish is right when the season opens up in the early summer. You have to fish deep spots or where creeks and other rivers join that river or you will likely catch clams and twigs. Fishing there can be hit and miss and depends on how dirty the river is due to rain fall. Fishing with a red devil seems to be the best hook in that river. There are some big pike up to ten pounds but they are rare and you will likely catch many pike in the three to four pound range. Fish the outside of the sharpest bends in the river.
Good luck if you ever make it out there

Seb
05-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Has anyone done fishing in this river? I was thinking about giving it a go, wondering if anyone else has had some luck.

Cheers

beehive
05-19-2011, 07:37 AM
All flowing waters are closed till June 1st.

Seb
05-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Yeah I know I cant fish there til the 1st of June, but still wondering if anyone has fished the river in the past.

Cheers

greylynx
05-19-2011, 06:37 PM
It was a pretty rough winter, I wonder how the crayfish in the Beaver faired out?

Seb
06-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Well I made it out there, the river is really shallow and the fishing was no good, im sure there are good spots on it but where I went sucked. Got myself a zodiac with a trolling motor now and have had much better luck fishing the local lakes :)

hellfire73
07-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Has anyone else fished the Beaver river by Bonnyville? I would like to give it a try but never really fished before.

58thecat
07-01-2015, 07:35 PM
Has anyone else fished the Beaver river by Bonnyville? I would like to give it a try but never really fished before.

Don't waste your time, followed the directions of a fool once and fished it, or was I the fool:thinking-006: either way like I said don't waste your time.