PDA

View Full Version : Drive to fishing lodges

jrw
04-23-2021, 08:41 AM
Hello. Looking to do a drive to fishing lodge with cabins. Either northern Alberta or Saskatchewan. Been to Dore lake a couple times. Have own boat. Looking for recommendations. Thanks!

58thecat
04-23-2021, 10:08 AM
Hello. Looking to do a drive to fishing lodge with cabins. Either northern Alberta or Saskatchewan. Been to Dore lake a couple times. Have own boat. Looking for recommendations. Thanks!

Besnard Lake has two outfitters there...either are good....fishing is great and if you venture out and about you can get some real beauties....just use caution as the lake has lots of rocks and depending on the water level makes for an interesting trip....or if you want a bit further travel Jan lake lodge is my second choice....I simply pick lakes that also have lots of islands so if the weather is blowing you still can hunker down on the leeward side and enjoy the day.

mapleleafman3
04-23-2021, 01:23 PM
Can't offer any recommendations but I did find a website that might help with the search.

https://canadianlodges.com/fishing-lodges-search

1973 Moose
04-23-2021, 01:38 PM
I know that lake Athapapascow is in Manitoba! But its all paved and just south of Flynn Flon. I would recommend Bakers Narrows Lodge, good guides, big Lakers and big pike.

bradvtown
04-23-2021, 02:21 PM
I 2nd Besnard Lake. We've stayed at Besnard Lake Lodge many times and always good. I would highly recommend taking a guide and using a lodge boat as the rocks come out of no where. Nothing beats the shore lunch they provide as well.

New owners now but the same trusty guides to get you around.

YeeHaw
04-23-2021, 10:44 PM
Bernard is a great lake, also if you wish to jump around a bit, get a campsite or cabin in the Prince Albert National Park or Elk Ridge. Lots of great fishing in the area for trophy pike Sandy, Montreal, Kingsmere are great choices. Waskasue, and the Heart lakes for walleye. Sandy and Kingsmere for lakers, and if you want to hit Bernard, you are only about an hour and a half away. Also about two hours away is La Ronge, and north of there is the famous Churchill river. For a truly unique lodge experience check out Wollistin lake, you can drive to southend

Mumbles
04-24-2021, 04:38 AM
Bernard is a great lake, also if you wish to jump around a bit, get a campsite or cabin in the Prince Albert National Park or Elk Ridge. Lots of great fishing in the area for trophy pike Sandy, Montreal, Kingsmere are great choices. Waskasue, and the Heart lakes for walleye. Sandy and Kingsmere for lakers, and if you want to hit Bernard, you are only about an hour and a half away. Also about two hours away is La Ronge, and north of there is the famous Churchill river. For a truly unique lodge experience check out Wollistin lake, you can drive to southend

Just to be clear you can drive to Southend on Reindeer lake to Nordic Lodge and several hours past that you can drive to Wollaston Lake lodge on Wollaston Lake.
Or Davin Lake or Johnston river camp in between the 2.

landowner
04-24-2021, 12:55 PM
Had a really good experience at Nordic Lodge last summer. So good that we are booked in again this summer.

Greatwest
04-24-2021, 10:07 PM
My buddy and his wife bought Besnard Lake Lodge in Sask. This year will be his second season owning it. We booked my in laws for 4 nights there In July for the father in laws 60th birthday present.

jrw
04-25-2021, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the tips!