PDA

View Full Version : Creeks around Calgary

Sopranos
08-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi all,

I'm new here so please go easy on me :)) Did a search on creeks around Calgary but did not find anything good.

I'm looking for nice creeks close to Calgary that I could fish for trout, pike, perch, doesn't matter I guess...... that's of course on crown land, is there anything that you can recommend?

Thanks a bunch in advance

flygirrl
08-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Hi all,

I'm new here so please go easy on me :)) Did a search on creeks around Calgary but did not find anything good.

I'm looking for nice creeks close to Calgary that I could fish for trout, pike, perch, doesn't matter I guess...... that's of course on crown land, is there anything that you can recommend?

Thanks a bunch in advance
:wave:The best thing you can do if your new around here is to get a copy of Berry Mitchells fishing alberta magazine, Lots of intresting places on it and directions as to access. I carry it with me along with the backroads maps whenever I venture out. That being said there are lots of places around Calgary, :love:the Bow, :love:the Highwood, :love:Elbow.

slingshotz
08-24-2009, 02:29 PM
The closest half decent creeks would be Fish Creek and the Elbow River upstream of Glenmore Reservoir that are within city limits. The ones on Crown land would be ones in the Ghost area NW of Cochrane and Kananaskis by Bragg Creek.

The Highwood and Sheep are relatively close too and have multiple access points but are not within Crown land.