PDA

View Full Version : Beware blood indian

TROLLER
05-01-2021, 02:45 PM
Fished Blood Indian Thursday. Water quite dirty and fish not all that co-operative. Every time I hit the 25-30 FOW the fish finder was full of obvious schools of Carp.

But that is nothing. The boat launch area has alkalai (sp) all over. They have a large pile of fresh gravel I think to cover it up but I think it is a bit too late.

I fished Tyrell Lake south by Warner a number of times and it has alkalia. When you came out of the water it left a sand paper feel to the sides of your boat as well as white residue on all the equipment and any where you got wet boots touching.

Noticed a lot of it on my boat yesterday and on the minn kota where it had been in the water as well as on my out board and trailer tires. Nasty stuff to get off so if you plan on fishn Blood make sure to wash your boat and truck as soon after as possible. It will also stick to the under carriage of your truck so try and get a good rinsing there as well.

One of my favorite lakes but gonna have to take it off my list till i hear some good news regarding the alkalai but I think once its there it stays. BTW has no effect on the fish that I have seen after fishn Tyrell for a few yrs.

kinwahkly
05-01-2021, 05:28 PM
To bad. It used to be such a nice lake to fish. Carp have taken over for sure. Thanks for the report.