PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Seadoo Fish Pro

58thecat
05-03-2021, 10:21 AM
been watching youtube vids on this machine...anyone got any real life experiences with one or a similar model?

https://www.sea-doo.com/ca/en/models/fishing/fish-pro.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwvr6EBhDOARIsAPpqUPHhlvw4bSi 8L43Sm35z1kB_Fksqt0waPEHAMLF-K07ixoYW6wTghWYaAh_oEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

looks like a lot of versatility and fun too if the fish are not biting!

AlbertanGP
05-03-2021, 10:28 AM
We've got four SeaDoo's on lifts at the lake, ranging from a Spark Trixx to an RXP-X. I literally laughed at the Bombardier reps at the Edmonton Boat and Sportsman Show when they released the Fish Pro a few years ago. SeaDoos are way too inherently tippy to make for a usable fishing platform. Even on glass water, turning around or even standing to cast would be dicey. I can pretty much guarantee anyone who tries to fish off one will go for a swim, especially if they are new to PWC's. Horrible idea IMO.

Now if you want to have some fun when the fish aren't biting, look no further. The Trixx is the best bang for the buck. Doing 75mph on the SCOM'd RXP-X crushing noisy jet boats is the most fun though. :)

58thecat
05-03-2021, 02:51 PM
I am not sure about an unstable platform...I watched 250lbs of bass pro stand on the one side and the platform tilted very little...maybe he is a cat:sHa_sarcasticlol:

:thinking-006:

AlbertanGP
05-03-2021, 03:01 PM
I am not sure about an unstable platform...I watched 250lbs of bass pro stand on the one side and the platform tilted very little...maybe he is a cat:sHa_sarcasticlol:

:thinking-006:

In water? It's around a 45" beam. Try sitting on the gunwale of a canoe and let me know how that turns out.

Also, ever notice how the water in every promotional video is calm. Coincidence? Buy one and find out. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

;)

58thecat
05-03-2021, 03:17 PM
In water? It's around a 45" beam. Try sitting on the gunwale of a canoe and let me know how that turns out.

Also, ever notice how the water in every promotional video is calm. Coincidence? Buy one and find out. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

;)

I will demo yours....ya know ya want one:)

My coleman canoe is no where near 45" wide....dam I sit in the middle and barely fart around off keel in it.

AlbertanGP
05-03-2021, 03:38 PM
I'm debating whether I'm even going to put the lifts/SeaDoos out this season since the kids aren't going to be around, and I only feel the urge to take the RPX-X out a couple of times in a season. So the last thing I want is another one. lol.

But all joking aside, the Fish Pro is just a really bad idea. Being a fisherman and into PWC's, I did a fair bit of research when they first released it...nothing "unbiased" was favorable. One of my kids went out on one of our 215's last year and fished off it. He said it was horrible. On a glass calm lake, it's probably ok. But you will constantly be worrying about your movement and trying to stay centered above the seat along the midline of the hull. In anything over a riffle, you'll need your right hand on the throttle all the time to keep it pointed into the wind. A 1-2' wave you're not ready for broadside will send you for a swim.

They are lots of fun and we enjoy tearing around the lake on ours. But as a fishing platform they flat out suck. I'd rather have a kayak to fish (the Fish Pro is basically a kayak with a really high center of gravity when it comes to fishing) and any PWC other than a Fish Pro. :)

58thecat
05-03-2021, 03:56 PM
Thx for the reply

Got the fishing yak already and it’s stable just like toys....hmmmm a little fishin and a little rippin....ahhh he’ll save the cash and by a pontoon boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrapperApprenteye
05-03-2021, 05:16 PM
Hi I was looking at one of those couple years ago as well still haven’t bittenthe Hook though.
I’ve seen videos on YouTube with them and o one in particular channel i watch is called “youngbloods” The fellow who quit his job as an electrician north west Australia who spends his time free diving and fishing either off of his seadoo fishpro or his big boat.
More than half the time he’s on his fishpro. On the 🌊 ocean, among tiger sharks, bull shark etc.. while hunting for their lobster down there, or spear fishing. Or using a rod.
Everyday, the guys and gals do it. They live off of the ocean. Pretty neat.

Sometimes there’s two of them fishing off of the fishpro, and of course his dog goes everywhere with too lol.

I love the idea, mobility. Lots of storage. Just wasn’t a whole lot of power hp compared to other skis, but it is better on fuel apparently.

I still would like to buy one, no kids.. so it’s fine.
Apparently they’ve attached a larger base platform all around the back and sides for stability. I’m not sure how well it does in real life though.

marty1
05-03-2021, 10:19 PM
Hi I was looking at one of those couple years ago as well still haven’t bittenthe Hook though.
I’ve seen videos on YouTube with them and o one in particular channel i watch is called “youngbloods” The fellow who quit his job as an electrician north west Australia who spends his time free diving and fishing either off of his seadoo fishpro or his big boat.
More than half the time he’s on his fishpro. On the 🌊 ocean, among tiger sharks, bull shark etc.. while hunting for their lobster down there, or spear fishing. Or using a rod.

Sometimes there’s two of them fishing off of the fishpro, and of course his dog goes everywhere with too lol.

I love the idea, mobility. Lots of storage. Just wasn’t a whole lot of power hp compared to other skis, but it is better on fuel apparently.

Apparently they’ve attached a larger base platform all around the back and sides for stability. I’m not sure how well it does in real life though.

I fish off a 2009 gtx 255 (3 seater) and find it actually very stable, no problem standing and turning around. The one big advantage for me has been the ability to run and gun all around a body of water, I have stumbled across some pretty sweet spots within lakes I thought I already new..lol and with the fish finder I added I can return on the rougher day's. Fish pro I would think would be a very stable platform, I didn't buy one cause of the price..ouch

58thecat
05-04-2021, 07:25 AM

Ya I been kicking around YouTube watching open ocean fishing in swells and fellas seem stable on them...the 2021 has that discharge system if you suck up weeds which is a cool feature plus the big deck and all the accessories....simple wow factor....even watched a young lady take a 8’ gator on one.....so I think they are versatile machines with a little fun factor in the mix!

SamSteele
05-04-2021, 08:44 AM
I was in the Northern AB AYA tournament on Calling Lake a few years ago and there was a family entered in the tournament that used a 3 person Sea-Doo to fish from. They had a cooler strapped to the back as a live well and Mom, Dad, and their kid were all on the seat. The weather got nasty (as it does at Calling) so their day was cut a bit short, but they ended up right in the middle of the pack.

SS

AlbertanGP
05-04-2021, 08:51 AM
I was in the Northern AB AYA tournament on Calling Lake a few years ago and there was a family entered in the tournament that used a 3 person Sea-Doo to fish from. They had a cooler strapped to the back as a live well and Mom, Dad, and their kid were all on the seat. The weather got nasty (as it does at Calling) so their day was cut a bit short, but they ended up right in the middle of the pack.

SS

That I would love to see a picture of.

OL_JR
05-04-2021, 09:04 PM
Kind of a neat idea but seems incredibly niche. 20g+ could go a long way towards an actual fishing boat if not purchase one outright on the used market. I think a brand new Lund SSV 18 with a casting deck and a 60hp will run you right around 20-22. If you are worried about getting places fast, that will get you there lol.

stubblejumper01
05-05-2021, 04:51 PM
I’ve been wondering how they would work on rivers such as the Athabasca and North and South Saskatchewan. I just want to be able to travel to remote areas and mostly stop and fish from shore. I always prefer to get away from the crowds Even more so now with COVID and so many more people staying in Alberta lately and this seems to be a cheaper alternative to an actual river boat. I’m just not sure if these would be viable or if you would destroy it using it on the rivers.

Frank_NK28
05-09-2021, 07:42 AM
kind of a neat idea but seems incredibly niche. 20g+ could go a long way towards an actual fishing boat if not purchase one outright on the used market. I think a brand new lund ssv 18 with a casting deck and a 60hp will run you right around 20-22. If you are worried about getting places fast, that will get you there lol.

this^^^

Jayhad
05-09-2021, 11:40 AM
Comparing this to a lund is funny, this is not designed or marketed towards us up here. Fishing from a PWC has become very popular in the southern states and mexico and Australia.
Think of fishing young snook to tarpon through out the mangroves. The only draw back is the difficulty in poling.
The other option in this class of market is the micro skiff. https://www.skifflife.com/2726827/ambush-microskiff-super-skinny/

Jayhad
05-09-2021, 11:45 AM
I’ve been wondering how they would work on rivers such as the Athabasca and North and South Saskatchewan. I just want to be able to travel to remote areas and mostly stop and fish from shore. I always prefer to get away from the crowds Even more so now with COVID and so many more people staying in Alberta lately and this seems to be a cheaper alternative to an actual river boat. I’m just not sure if these would be viable or if you would destroy it using it on the rivers.

In the early 90's there was a few guys that ran skis up the elbow and bow, as long as you are running in clear water with good clearance you are ok. The biggest issue is the silt in the water will tear away at the glass intake and plastic wear rings of the ski, mainly the intakes start to pit and then splt.

Now a days with the budget of $20,000 you could find an adequate minijet to meet your shuttle, fish, shuttle, fish needs. It's exactly what my minijet was purpose built for.

stubblejumper01
05-09-2021, 03:38 PM
In the early 90's there was a few guys that ran skis up the elbow and bow, as long as you are running in clear water with good clearance you are ok. The biggest issue is the silt in the water will tear away at the glass intake and plastic wear rings of the ski, mainly the intakes start to pit and then splt.

Now a days with the budget of $20,000 you could find an adequate minijet to meet your shuttle, fish, shuttle, fish needs. It's exactly what my minijet was purpose built for.

Thanks for the info. You’d definitely be more comfortable in the minijet