PDA

View Full Version : Long Lake near Boyle

LeonH
08-24-2009, 10:08 PM
I am taking the family to the provincial park this weekend and was wandering if there is any fishing spots available from shore.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
08-24-2009, 10:49 PM
I am taking the family to the provincial park this weekend and was wandering if there is any fishing spots available from shore.

Are you gonna be camping ? If so a really good spot is at the last loop there's a Campers boat launch Ive fished there and the water is fairly deep right in there . Use small hooks for perch there . Also if your just in that day area there's the main boat launch with a dock also a not bad spot , or go do some knocking on cottage doors see if someone wouldn't mind you to use there dock to fish off of . Very friendly folks up there .

LeonH
08-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Thanks BBJ.

Yes we will be camping in our trailer. I will give it a try.

08-24-2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks BBJ.

Yes we will be camping in our trailer. I will give it a try.

Yeah man lots of good fishing around there , Talk to the Fish and wildlife officer , or even the Conservation officer who have a small office up there they will tell you where folks are catching fish . Also Boyle pond that isnt that far away , Awesome fishing .

LeonH
08-24-2009, 11:08 PM
BBJ you just have made my day.

I am sure that my little girl will appreciate a perch or two as well. Thanks again for the advice

08-24-2009, 11:10 PM
You betchya.

Remi3006
08-25-2009, 12:22 PM
If you have $60 to spare i suggest u rent a boat for a half day... LOTS of small pike in that lake.. Straight across from the rentals and then straight west to u start going north around the lake.. There is a dock right in front of you when the lakes starts to dog leg, Throw on some spoons and u will have alot of fun right there..... LOTS of pike in that lake! If you decide to rent a boat pm me and i will give u a few more!

Izumi
08-25-2009, 01:01 PM
If you have $60 to spare i suggest u rent a boat for a half day... LOTS of small pike in that lake.. Straight across from the rentals and then straight west to u start going north around the lake.. There is a dock right in front of you when the lakes starts to dog leg, Throw on some spoons and u will have alot of fun right there..... LOTS of pike in that lake! If you decide to rent a boat pm me and i will give u a few more!

Lots but all dink HH's; regs on this lake have stunted them. The lake is so popular too if they get to size they are harvested (63cm).

WTHunter
08-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Have helped my son catch pike right from the boat launch dock this year. Yellow, or Red Spoons will work for the small pike.