PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Saskatchewan?

wynyard
06-12-2007, 11:40 PM
A group of us go for a week of fishing every year and we've been to quite a few locations in Alberta and in the NWT but we have never been to northern Saskatchewan. Does anyone know of any decent walleye lakes that are easy to drive to within a few hours of the Alberta border? Preferably near the Meadow Lake area. Any ideas would help.

-NDN-
06-13-2007, 04:34 AM
cant really help you pinpoint, but when i used to run in city over at the breweries, there used to be a group of guys that went to some Prince Albert National park or something, and cashed in on walleyes. Guess there is some really good walleye lakes in there. But that might be more than a few hours.

found this, you can flip through an online book of fishing Saskatchewan

Click me (http://www.amazon.com/Fishing-Saskatchewan-Anglers-Provincial-Discover/dp/0889771669)

WTHunter
06-13-2007, 08:37 AM
I have fished in PA National Park- it is ok- lots of small Northerns, some decent 'eyes.

I've have been more sucessful at Green Lake which is just 30 minutes or so North of Meadow Lake. Lots of Northern, small and big, and good 'eye fishing. We probably didn't catch any 'eyes over 5 lbs, but lots of guys did. Fishing in the river there that runs, in or out (sorry don't really remember, it's close to the cabins, and road)- was very good! Lots of Walleye action.

One of my Dad's friends goes to Green Lake at least once a year for the fishing there.

It's been 5 years since I've been- but I am sure it's still a great Lake.

JohninAB
06-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Canoe Lake, it is about 70 miles from Meadow Lake. Good walleye fishing there or used to be.

ULTRAlite
06-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Heard lots of stories of Lac La Ronge in northern sask. Never been myself, but a few family members have fished there. The usual suspects - Large Pike - Walleye after Walleye after Walleye...

wynyard
06-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Thanks guys. Hope to try a couple of the mentioned lakes. I'll let you know how it goes.

steveo10
06-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Besnard lake north-west of La Ronge is suppose to be decent

Bushmaster
06-19-2007, 06:54 AM
Canoe and Keeley are both good.

Rackmastr
06-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Anyone ever fished Turtle Lake?

Duk Dog
06-19-2007, 09:29 AM
I've also heard a bit about Lac La Ronge.

livesnorth
06-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Keely lake has great walleye fishing and some good perch too,with optiion's to fish some other lake's near the resort.The best Fishing though is to take the extra time and gas to head up to Laronge,The Churchill River System is full of Walleye,and Pike,even a few spot's where you can get Grayling.Otter lake is another great spot,same river system,just 50 miles north of the town Laronge,someday when i can take the time,i'd love to drive the highway right through the north now,as when we used to go up,otter lake was the end of the road,and into a float plane from there.

jackfish
05-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Does anybody know what the lodge is like at Keeley?

angler1
05-28-2008, 09:05 PM
We are heading north of La Ronge to Wollaston lake for 10 days of monster pike fishing. We have done extremely well in past yrs. If you have the time it is worth the trip. There is also lakers, grayling and walleye. We are heading up at the end of the month. Tight lines. :wave:

Bushmaster
05-28-2008, 09:09 PM
What in particular did you want to know, jackfish ?? 1/2 the rooms are motel, no cooking, 1 bed, 2 bunks...the rooms have 2 sets of bunks..sleep 4 and a kitchenette. There is a restaurant and a bar.