PDA

View Full Version : Boat Trailer Seals

Rosco300WM
05-14-2021, 06:36 PM
The time has come to re-pack my trailer bearings and I'm having trouble finding the right seals.

Shoreland'r shows them as #4410130 1.741 x 2.561 x 0.312 (174253TB)

Can't find them online and a few of the boats stores I've called only have aftermarket and the dimensions don't match up or that it's a special order. Also called a few industry type stores only to be told that they don't do counter sales. I found a couple places in the US but they want $73 for shipping a $4 part! :angry3:.

Can anyone recommend a place in Edmonton or online. They're common trailers so I can't figure out why this is a challenge.

Thanks in advance.

OL_JR
05-14-2021, 06:49 PM
Did you try Trailer Canada out of St.Paul? I ordered a set from them last year over the phone, got what I needed in a timely fashion.

With that said it might be worth stopping at a Napa or any other place that sells trailer parts with a seal in hand. I'd imagine someone would have something with the proper i.d and o.d. It might not match up to Shorlelanders part number but it shouldn't be that hard to find an axle seal at all.

Rosco300WM
05-14-2021, 07:23 PM
Waiting to hear back from them but in the past I've had no luck on getting Shoreland'r parts. I'm hoping they can match it up with an aftermarket (fingers crossed).

Nova
05-14-2021, 07:41 PM
Odds are good the reason you're not finding specs to match up is Shoreland'r uses a stainless speedy sleeve from the factory. Not easy to find replacement sleeves and seals with their specs. Even the dealer I purchased my boat and trailer from didn't carry them. I ended up just removing the sleeve and installing a standard grease seal on mine.

Rosco300WM
05-14-2021, 07:49 PM
Odds are good the reason you're not finding specs to match up is Shoreland'r uses a stainless speedy sleeve from the factory. Not easy to find replacement sleeves and seals with their specs. Even the dealer I purchased my boat and trailer from didn't carry them. I ended up just removing the sleeve and installing a standard grease seal on mine.

Thanks
Yeah, that's what I'm finding re: spindle sleeve, everything available is a 1.719. Oddly enough, I can find the sleeve but not the seal...go figure. Did the sleeve come off easy, I believe it's just held in place with loctite?

Nova
05-14-2021, 08:14 PM
If I remember right one side came off clean and easy enough that I could have re-used the sleeve. The other side I marred the sleeve a bit getting it off but it wasn't difficult but any means.

cowfarmer
05-15-2021, 11:24 AM
Recreational Power Sports on 149 st Edmonton was a Shorelander trailer dealer

Cageyc
05-15-2021, 04:19 PM
You can try city spring and axle on parsons road in Edmonton

dodger
05-15-2021, 04:35 PM
Standens in Calgary?

Dodger.

EZM
05-16-2021, 01:57 PM
I also had the same issue a few years ago, also with a Shore Land'r trailer ....... I took the seal over the bearing supply house handed it to them and 5 minutes later walked out with a new set for a few bucks ...

Not sure where you are, but that's what I'd do ...

fish99
05-17-2021, 10:22 AM
Standens in Calgary?

Dodger.

standens will get you all the trailer parts you will ever need at great price.

Puma
05-20-2021, 10:08 AM
Transmission Supplies (TSL) in Calgary has found me seals and bearings etc that left other guys just scratching their heads.

TROLLER
05-20-2021, 10:36 AM
I also had the same issue a few years ago, also with a Shore Land'r trailer ....... I took the seal over the bearing supply house handed it to them and 5 minutes later walked out with a new set for a few bucks ...

BINGO That is exactly what I also did. 5 minutes and done.

Pierre
05-20-2021, 01:47 PM
BINGO That is exactly what I also did. 5 minutes and done.

same. One and done...

Rosco300WM
05-20-2021, 09:56 PM

When you say "bearing supply house", is that the name of a store? Doesn't come up on google. Or are you referring to any bearing supplier?

zepf
05-21-2021, 11:26 AM
BC Bearing will measure the seal