PDA

View Full Version : Pay to park Trailer at Pigeon

RACKER
05-15-2021, 10:07 PM
Showed up today to the parking lot of the Mulhurst boat launch and there is a big county sign saying parking fee in effect May 21.I usually dont care to pay a fee at a private spot but county property is terrible.Another cash grab thats not helping anyone.Now you are going to have upset homeowners with trailers lining up in front of their houses because fishermen/women refuse to pay the fee.Gonna be a gong show come summer.Besides that we had a great day of fishing.I even caught a small burbot-something ive never done in the summer.

Foot Stomper
05-16-2021, 08:08 PM
I even caught a small burbot-something ive never done in the summer.

Tell us more please! What did he bite? depth? speed? curious because I've never heard of them being caught in open water...

Poppa
05-16-2021, 10:02 PM
Caught a few in Sylvan last May... Jig n minna...

Hartly
05-20-2021, 10:19 PM
Does anyone know the cost to park a boat trailer ?

Willowtrail
05-20-2021, 11:18 PM
Does anyone know the cost to park a boat trailer ?

$20/day

jungleboy
05-20-2021, 11:36 PM
They did this at Jackfish lake west of Edmonton years ago County of Parkland. They limit the number of boats on the lake and put no parking signs everywhere.

I believe it was at the request of the lake property owners trying to reduce traffic on their little private oasis. Once the parking lot is full that’s it no more boats that day.

Home owners don’t pay, just the day users.

Jamie Black R/T
05-21-2021, 12:05 PM
If you are going to charge there should be someone enforcing the rules, launch should be clean and well repaired and bathroom facilities should be available.

The Devon NSR launch has done the same thing this year.

I fear this will all turn out just like the Wab townsite launch. That one is a gong show and nobody enforces any of the parking rules. Just a cash grab.

Jawjacker
05-22-2021, 11:46 PM
Hey guys. Any one fish pigeon today ? How was the parking situation? The county is saying there is a limited number of parking spots and after that you just have to wait for someone to leave. I've also heard there is a " no parking ban" for any trailers in front of residential. Please verify if you know. Thanks .

fish99
05-23-2021, 07:13 PM
Hey guys. Any one fish pigeon today ? How was the parking situation? The county is saying there is a limited number of parking spots and after that you just have to wait for someone to leave. I've also heard there is a " no parking ban" for any trailers in front of residential. Please verify if you know. Thanks .

fished Friday it was good for walleye and even caught more pike then last year .

Ronji
05-24-2021, 02:35 PM
They did this at Jackfish lake west of Edmonton years ago County of Parkland. They limit the number of boats on the lake and put no parking signs everywhere.

I believe it was at the request of the lake property owners trying to reduce traffic on their little private oasis. Once the parking lot is full that’s it no more boats that day.

Home owners don’t pay, just the day users.

Hello there,

I am one of those cabin owners (on a different lake) that would love to see boat traffic controlled.
You are welcome to come out to my place, bring a case of beer, and we will sit out front and try to have an intelligent conversation.

All these huge wakeboard boats with 1000 watt sound systems, that that all listen the the never ending dance song..... never mind the erosion that they are causing on the shores with the banks caving in.

Oh, and we do pay, we pay crazy taxes to the county.

DiabeticKripple
05-24-2021, 02:42 PM
Hello there,

I am one of those cabin owners (on a different lake) that would love to see boat traffic controlled.
You are welcome to come out to my place, bring a case of beer, and we will sit out front and try to have an intelligent conversation.

All these huge wakeboard boats with 1000 watt sound systems, that that all listen the the never ending dance song..... never mind the erosion that they are causing on the shores with the banks caving in.

Public lakes are public. There should be no restrictions to access public resources because Karen’s can’t handle it.

CardiacCowboy
05-24-2021, 04:40 PM
Public lakes are public. There should be no restrictions to access public resources because Karen’s can’t handle it.

This !!!

If understand the homeowners concerns but you buy property on a public lake you should know what you are getting. Too many private property owners adjacent to public land (parks, lakes, rivers, pathways) want to extend those right to the public lands.

Sorry for the vent but been told once to often "do you live here" "do you know how much I pay in taxes" ect

fordtruckin
05-24-2021, 10:43 PM

Says everyone until it starts to effect their property or peace....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

jungleboy
05-25-2021, 12:17 AM
Hello there,

I don’t disagree with you, I am in the same boat at a small lake that is overrun on weekends.

We can hardly get near the launch to take the tinner out fishing on weekends unless the weather is miserable.

I will be happy when travel restrictions are lifted and all the idiots go back to their normal out of province vacations .

WildCats
05-25-2021, 04:01 AM

There is way more parking now with the new lot, probably hold 30 plus vehicles/trailers if people park correctly. 49th street past the store has always been no parking once your past the park. There was a small angle parking section in front of the playground was all.

WC