PDA

View Full Version : How is Gull Lake???

Remi3006
08-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Anyone been out that way..? Might hit it this weekend!

floppychicken
08-25-2009, 07:18 PM
Man,

Gull's been WEIRD lately. Was there both Saturday and Sunday... The two days couldn't have been 'more different' !

There was an Algae bloom on Saturday and the water was SUPER calm and the weather was warm. The weeds were standing on end and it was pretty tough fishing with no cloud cover, etc..

On Sunday, the weather was freakin' AWFUL with a temp around 12 degrees with 20+km winds. The waves were at least 18" at the smallest and somewhere around the 3' to 4' in the middle (we stayed away from the middle).

The weird thing was that the Algae Bloom was COMPLETELY gone and the water was SuPER CLEAR. Also, the Weeds were COMPLETELY knocked down!! It was bizarre seeing the undulations on the sonar where there should have been huge weed banks. You could even see HUGE holes in the ones that WERE there...

Anyway, it didn't help the fishing much,.... even with the cloud cover. Both days, the only thing that wanted our RAPS and CRANKS were the 'Snot-Rockets'. I gotta' say though, that there are some VERY large PIKE in that water. Every time I've been there we've hooked into a 10lb or better PIKE.

Suffice to say, the fishing SUCKED ! I would assume that it should be better this week. I say GO FOR IT ! :D

Cheers,

/FC....

Remi3006
08-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the info man! Might try it or South Buck.

Cheers!