PDA

View Full Version : Flotten Lake

mlee
05-17-2021, 08:58 PM
Going to spend a day or two at Flotten...never been. How is the road , launch, etc? Is there more than one launch? Any areas on the lake to look out for?

SamSteele
05-17-2021, 09:08 PM
Haven’t been there in years but I recall a lot of underwater humps and reefs that are props and lower legs if you weren’t careful. Take it slow and map as you go for the first bit.

Mayhem
05-18-2021, 08:09 AM
Try a search, I think there's a number of threads that mention it.

This one comes to mind: http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=219681

Link to another thread in that one as well. I recall it being a very clear lake and there was a shallow rock ridge running north off the island.

Good luck.

EZM
05-18-2021, 10:18 AM
Road in is great - you can make it in a Cadillac limo and arrive in style....

As Sam mentions - there are piles of boulders that run north and north east of the island - do don't go ripping through there - it runs a couple hundred yards off shore and is just under the surface.

Fish the rock pile and you will find fish - my first time to that lake, first cast - caught a 8lb pike - so it was a good memory.

Fishing wasn't stellar, but, then again, we had never been there before, but it was steady at least. The lake looks like it could be a good one to get to know - low fishing pressure, lots of structure and weed lines, etc...

Cabins are decent - we stayed there a few days .... was a decent lake

mlee
05-18-2021, 12:28 PM
Road in is great - you can make it in a Cadillac limo and arrive in style....

As Sam mentions - there are piles of boulders that run north and north east of the island - do don't go ripping through there - it runs a couple hundred yards off shore and is just under the surface.

Fish the rock pile and you will find fish - my first time to that lake, first cast - caught a 8lb pike - so it was a good memory.

Fishing wasn't stellar, but, then again, we had never been there before, but it was steady at least. The lake looks like it could be a good one to get to know - low fishing pressure, lots of structure and weed lines, etc...

Cabins are decent - we stayed there a few days .... was a decent lake

Waterhen will be home base for us....there for 5 days. I've fished quite a few lakes in the park but never Flotten so wanted to give it a go. I'm actually more interested in finding some big pike. The initial plan was to go to Canoe but I doubt I'll head up there now.

topgun
05-24-2021, 05:59 PM
Flotten has been hammered beyond belief. 15 boats 5 days 2 small pike. There is nothing left. Literally nothing. The lake is easy to navigate with some common sense. Watch for nets.

HL_transplant
05-24-2021, 09:06 PM
Not surprised there's nothing left. As a local its been netted and snared heavily. sad really was a waste of a really good lake.