PDA

View Full Version : Tazin lake lodge sask

35 whelen
05-18-2021, 08:39 AM
HI ,Looking for 2 anglers to head up with us to Tazin lake lodge in aug ,Check out Tazin lake t.v on youtube .CHEERS

mlee
05-18-2021, 09:49 AM
If I can sell a kidney before then I'd be game lol.
Good luck....I'm sure it will be the trip of a lifetime.

Ken H
05-18-2021, 01:15 PM
That would be the place I would go if I was fishing in sk. They catch amazing fish.

eagleflyfisher
05-18-2021, 06:45 PM
Been there 3 times .
Omg
So good.

WinefredCommander
05-19-2021, 12:11 PM
Better than Lake Athabasca??

beerhunter
05-19-2021, 01:16 PM
What are the actual rates for Canadians since they can't host Americans?

Are this still charging $4,500 USD?

Jim Blake
05-19-2021, 03:30 PM
What are the actual rates for Canadians since they can't host Americans?

Are this still charging $4,500 USD?

I believe it is $5000 Canadian with a two person minimum.

I've been there two times and it is a first class operation....though for that price I now would rather spend it on a fishing trip to the Coast.

Sooner
05-19-2021, 04:39 PM
Website says Lakers and Pike. How's the Pike fishing? My bro inlaw has a slight mental handicap but is an absolute pike guy. I have always wanted to take him to a good fly in pike lake. This sounds like a lake to mark as a possibility. I'm happy to catch both and I know he would lose his mind if a big laker was on the end of the line. I want to give him the chance to catch some really big fish one day.

eagleflyfisher
05-19-2021, 10:13 PM
It’s been 15 plus years since my last trip to Tazin. very first one in was just over 1k. Different owners.
We were all fly casting for pike and every evening after dinner we would hit some bays that were close to camp. Rosies and Thacker were awesome.
Zin was off the chart when we found that one.
I’ll always remember going to the back of zin finding a Chanel the width of our tin boat and a foot deep. We pushed our way in the chanel having it open up into a back bay that when we first pushed in had big logs laying in the shallows.
No those logs were massive pike.
Biggest was 34lbs .
Many double headers of plus 20 lbs.
During the day was always non stop pike of all sizes.
The prospect of a massive laker always made us fish for them.
I managed. 25lb on the fly.
I videotaped, old VHS my buddy foolishly fighting a plus 30lber on a light trout rod.
I’ve been into likely 20 fly ins and Tazin for me is #1 by far.
Big lake = Big fish.