PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance hook seven

TROLLER
05-18-2021, 10:11 AM
Fishn with a bud yesterday and his Hook 7 which he bought last yr. has the smallest fonts you have ever seen.

Very hard to read depth, temp or speed. Cannot seem to find where to enlarge the font size.

Anyone else have this problem and if so how do you increase the font size. I have the same finder on my boat only 3 yrs. old and the font is a perfect size.

Any help is appreciated. Tried you tube but did not find any info.

FearNoFish
05-18-2021, 10:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBDczlPHAEw

AlbertanGP
05-18-2021, 10:56 AM
I doubt if updating will fix it. Since you don't know how to change it, it's probably still on default currently. ;)

I run HDS units, but there is a flash of the Hook menu in that video that suggests how to change it. If you hit the Menu button *once* you should get the menu in the photo attached below. Scroll down to the Overlay Data button and then to the right. That should put you into the menu to edit your overlays. From there you can select what information displays in each spot, what size the font is, etc. You may have to hit a Configure button before it will let you adjust the size of the text. HTH. :computer-18:

TROLLER
05-18-2021, 02:58 PM
Thanks very much.

I'll get over to his place this week and see if we can't fix that small font.

I'll let you know what happens.

Again thanks for the advise

AlbertanGP
05-18-2021, 03:46 PM
No worries. Be aware that you'll have to change it for each screen you run (ie - sonar only, chart only, half sonar half chart, etc.)

thorne
05-18-2021, 07:14 PM
Yes its a simple setting either small, med, or large...but as mentioned every overlay reading will have to be changed separately and on every screen...but an easy switch. You can then so change what info you want and where on the screen you want it.

Howard Hutchinson
05-18-2021, 09:18 PM
I doubt if updating will fix it. Since you don't know how to change it, it's probably still on default currently. ;)

I run HDS units, but there is a flash of the Hook menu in that video that suggests how to change it. If you hit the Menu button *once* you should get the menu in the photo attached below. Scroll down to the Overlay Data button and then to the right. That should put you into the menu to edit your overlays. From there you can select what information displays in each spot, what size the font is, etc. You may have to hit a Configure button before it will let you adjust the size of the text. HTH. :computer-18:
>>
I hope you can get a closer view of whats in the water than that :sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol:
Sorry, couldn't resist

TROLLER
05-21-2021, 04:21 PM
Cannot thank you guys enough.

Great advise that worked and now my fishn bud is so happy he was doing the dance of joy.:sHa_shakeshout: